First Time CSL customization

27 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

If you're in Chicago, you could just drive there if you're worried about shipping. They won't be busy until the start of the season.

They added a few patches for me in about 10 mins. You can call and ask to see how long you would wait if dropped off in person.

I'm roughly 45-hour away. Not the easiest trip for dropoff most days but I'm considering it.

UPS is ridiculously more expensive. At least for the things I ship, anyway. And they’re slower if you ship “Ground” which I believe is the cheapest service they offer without a business account.  

2 hours ago, furiousd said:

Yes.  USPS is cheaper for comparable shipping time.  The boxes are free and sized pretty perfectly for jerseys.  Just ship them already.  CSL would already be working on them by now.

Seriously, too much thought into how to mail something. 

3 hours ago, furiousd said:

Yes.  USPS is cheaper for comparable shipping time.  The boxes are free and sized pretty perfectly for jerseys.  Just ship them already.  CSL would already be working on them by now.

I am literally packing and folding now! this week was not a run out for boxes week so I considered just shipping from home.

14 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Yes. I'm the only picky person on this forum. 

?

Well obviously. 

He’s right. You know there’s some dude on this forum reading this and thinking “I only ship in boxes with non-recycled cardboard that have a minimum crush rating of 200 pounds and are made in Canada, nothing else will suffice”. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, furiousd said:

If you're past the estimate they gave you, call and ask.  I did that one time and they bumped mine to the front of the line (or said they did).  CSL isn't going to drive over your jersey in the parking lot just for asking.

It might look game worn then.

Might do that. I've sent messages without response, which is weird because they've always been really prompt.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

Since it's Hawks/CSL related, how were the numbers done for both the '15 and '17 WC jerseys? Since the colors were solid, are those not layered?

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

54 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Since it's Hawks/CSL related, how were the numbers done for both the '15 and '17 WC jerseys? Since the colors were solid, are those not layered?

They are single layer. It is also worth noting that while the fonts look the same, the font/sizing is slightly different between the two years. I have an email from CSL where they provided me the measurements.

15 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

They are single layer. It is also worth noting that while the fonts look the same, the font/sizing is slightly different between the two years. I have an email from CSL where they provided me the measurements.

Do you need to specify the measurements prior to customization? I'd assume an indication of "on ice" would be enough since it's their own spec? 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/24/2018 at 7:34 AM, mdwsta4 said:

Yes. They'll obviously know which font to use base on the jersey you send them

Do you know if the '09 WC was three layers or does it just appear that way?

The numbers are 3-layer stacked.