Alternate jersey ponderings

Didn't know where else to put this and I haven't seen it talked about from my search

As I scrounge eBay for the next deal, I always come across a Ducks Wild Wing / Burger King jersey that are asking crazy prices for replica jerseys. 
There seems to be an abundance and people still pay top dollar. 

My question, why are they high priced yet the Salmon Canucks replica or the Rangers TBTC replicas (among others) not going for crazy $? 
 I see less Nucks/Rags alt replicas than I do of the Wild Wing / Burger King and they seem to be equally impossible to find in an authentic.

Is there like a Scientist guy that influences people to get all hopped up for one replica but not the other?   

This concludes the Deep Thoughts portion of our programming 

Jeez, Phil Hartman was killed TWENTY years ago. He was the best.

In fairness, I've seen PROPERLY customized Rangers TBTC replicas sell for big bucks. Several hundred. I just think the Anaheim and LA stuff was so absurdly over the top and gone so fast, they still hold at least some of that old shock value.

Poor Phil got tied up with a nut job for sure. 
Glad she didn't hurt the kids, and hope they didn't inherit the crazy 

• 1 month later...

I would pay handsomely for an authentic Canucks Salmon Jersey.....but they’re next to impossible to find 

Hasn't that one been discussed as a fake? 

6 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Not that impossible actually

Authentic Canucks Salmon Alt

3 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Hasn't that one been discussed as a fake? 

What would be fake about it? It looks legit to me, or am I totally missing something here?

Yes, that one is a fake, look at the size tag, you can tell it’s been sewn on, and is in the wrong spot. 

A fellow member bought it and returned it. The same seller had a fake lightning storm jersey that someone on reddit bought with the same issues.

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

Yes, that one is a fake, look at the size tag, you can tell it’s been sewn on, and is in the wrong spot. 

A fellow member bought it and returned it. The same seller had a fake lightning storm jersey that someone on reddit bought with the same issues.

So, the Jersey itself is authentic, just the size tag is sewn in an incorrect position?

From what it sounded like is it is actually a replica, with the double elbows, fight strap, and tagging added.  Something about the weight of the jersey being lighter than standard authentics because the air-knit is actually the thinner replica air-knit. Don't know if this is 100% correct, but I do know for a fact that this jersey was returned after it was originally purchased.

And when I originally said sewed on, what I should have made clearer is that the size tag was sewn in after the jersey was made.  The tag should be part of the hem line.  This one you can tell it was sewn in after the jersey was made, same with the CCM tag too. 

I am not sure if this was the original seller - it could have been it was purchased and is up for sale again.

I have been on the look out for one of these jersey for awhile, but I have always stayed clear of this jersey - it just never seemed right to me.

, you learn something new everyday I guess.  Looked legit to me.

I guess it's safe to assume that you have to be extra careful with any old CCM jersey that has value.

Yeah, it’s weird. Would someone really go through all that effort just to get a few extra bucks for a jersey? Seems kinda counter productive....

4 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

There was a seller doing this with Burger King and Wild Wing jerseys. Basically turning an air knit replica into something that looks closer to authentic.

The Canucks Center Ice tag has an NHL shield with wonky letters; you can tell the tag is fake.  The front crest doesn’t appear to be stitched down either.  And maybe I’m wrong on this, but doesn’t the NHL shield on the back hem look like it’s been applied on top of the jersey rather than being embroidered into it?

25 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

The Canucks Center Ice tag has an NHL shield with wonky letters; you can tell the tag is fake.  The front crest doesn’t appear to be stitched down either.  And maybe I’m wrong on this, but doesn’t the NHL shield on the back hem look like it’s been applied on top of the jersey rather than being embroidered into it?

Wow, good eye...the NHL Shield does appear to be applied on top, not stitched into the jersey....

The seller dropped the price from $600 to $250 OBO and someone bit

The price drop alone tells me the seller knew it was bunk, I hope nobody here jumped but I spoze for all the effort to make it look close the price wasn't terrible for a jersey that is so hard to find. 

I was actually messaging back and forth with him via eBay and was telling him about the stories floating around about the jersey....he scoffed at it being “fake”, but also says he bought it off someone else, and he’s owned over 100 CCM Authentic Jerseys, and said that to him, it didn’t come across as being fake. That being said, it didn’t sell, he says he took down the listing, so who knows. I was intrigued by it, and would have probably paid $250 just to take a look at it.......so I’m glad i didn’t.

Edit: He now says he took it down because it is indeed the done up replica that was talked about....

Edited by KB67

One other thing I didn’t notice until now is that right where the CCM big block/NHL shield logos are, you can see a rectangular area where some of the black sublimated dye has come off the hem.  This is almost certainly where a CCM replica logo used to be before someone pulled it off to replace it with the “authentic” logos.  More evidence that this was an attempt to convert a replica into an authentic.

If that isn't enough,

The "X" stitching on the fight strap attachment isn't symmetrical / looks wonky

This thing was good but not better than our gang!

I like his disclamer how he had it "sent off to a Hockey shop up North"
Well, that settles it, I'm convinced now :lol:

What fools we were...

6 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I like his disclamer how he had it "sent off to a Hockey shop up North"
Well, that settles it, I'm convinced now :lol:

He’s in Texas.

Even Arizona is f@cking north of you!!!!!