Alternate jersey ponderings

7 hours ago, LAK74 said:

What fools we were...

He flat out told me it was a replica.....now he’s saying it’s not? He even changed the title of it before to “very good replica”....and he also told me he bought it as it is for $595, now he’s saying he “had some work done on it”.......

Don’t trust this seller!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm late to the party but I'm surprised that this guy is convinced this jersey is authentic.  I've bought from him before, too and he has some really nice jerseys.  If nothing else, the glue residue on the hem is 100% from a replica.  Good eye on that detail LAK.

You can also see where the embroiderer took a shortcut in sewing that big block CCM.  There's a stitch connecting each letter together that looks like it was cut, but you can still see part of the thread.  That is such a telltale sign of fakeness when they connect the letters like that.  It's like they put the pattern into the embroidery computer/machine/whatever and it does its best to do it all in one shot without cutting the thread, if that makes sense.

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2018 at 8:41 AM, spudrock512 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this one? Another replica turned into a Pro?  Or is this one actually a legit Pro?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ca%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283211118192

The two things that make me step back and scratch my head:

The stitching of the fight strap does not look symmetrical - something about it just looks off.

Next up, the neck tags. I don't see a size tag and the stitching right above the CCM Made in Canada tag looks to have been redone as if that tag was added in later which leads me to believe this is another retail that was made to look like an authentic.

My money would steer clear

Agreed with what Hockey Bob said, and notice how he will show the CCM embroidered, but he doesn't show the NHL embroidered, like he purposefully folded in the perfect spot in that first picture.  If I had to bet money, I would think the NHL logo on the hem is a sewn on patch and not embroidered through like ti should be.  I would stay clear.  The seller has had this jersey available for sale for a long time.  I think if was legit, it would have sold already.

Edited by spudrock512

5 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Agreed with what Hockey Bob said, and notice how he will show the CCM embroidered, but he doesn't show the NHL embroidered, like he purposefully folded in the perfect spot in that first picture.  If I had to bet money, I would think the NHL logo on the hem is a sewn on patch and not embroidered through like ti should be.  I would stay clear.  The seller has had this jersey available for sale for a long time.  I think if was legit, it would have sold already.

So, he replied to me via the eBay messenger, and he says it’s a legit Pro, not a re-purposed Replica with a fight strap and an NHL Shield added.....he also has a Wild Wing that he admits was doctored up, so I’d think he would fess up if this one was as well....I’ve asked for more pics, so we’ll see what happens.....

Well, he put in his listing  "I guarantee quality and authenticity or your money back including your initial shipping and your return shipping"  If nothing else buy it, post better pics here so we can pick it over - If it's junk you can return it no sweat!  

16 hours ago, KB67 said:

So, he replied to me via the eBay messenger, and he says it’s a legit Pro, not a re-purposed Replica with a fight strap and an NHL Shield added.....he also has a Wild Wing that he admits was doctored up, so I’d think he would fess up if this one was as well....I’ve asked for more pics, so we’ll see what happens.....

Very curious to see the pics.  Maybe post them in the "It is good" thread for more visibility, too.

7 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Very curious to see the pics.  Maybe post them in the "It is good" thread for more visibility, too.

He didn’t send any pictures, but claims that it is actually embroidered into the hem, so maybe it’s the real deal? I don’t think I’m prepare to take the $700 risk though.....