Official: John Tavares retires from professional hockey

guam64

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, KB67 said:

They’ve won a game.....may as well plan the parade route straight through beautiful downtown Brampton.

That's not the point. The point is all the trash talk on the Leafs before the season. Clearly those had no idea what they were talking about because Toronto had a great year. 

1 hour ago, Sluggermatt15 said:

That's not the point. The point is all the trash talk on the Leafs before the season. Clearly those had no idea what they were talking about because Toronto had a great year. 

Finishing 3rd in your division and losing out in the 1st round would only constitute a great year by Vancouver Canucks standards.....Leafs are just.......average.

21 hours ago, KB67 said:

Finishing 3rd in your division and losing out in the 1st round would only constitute a great year by Vancouver Canucks standards.....Leafs are just.......average.

Lol. The Canucks can't even make the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, Sluggermatt15 said:

Lol. The Canucks can't even make the playoffs. 

The West was real rough this year, a real murderers row, so I cut them some slack this year.

I don’t even wanna hear it. The only highlight of the Flyers’ season was the creation of Gritty. Coach and GM fired. 8 different goalies. 16 points out of the playoffs.

They’re even raising ticket and parking prices 10-20% next year! 😂😐

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:31 PM, KB67 said:

This pisses me off because it's 100% true.

On paper the Leafs are stacked but their reg season was average.  You can say below average January on.  They need this series in the worst way this year especially with Tampa probably going out early.

The big boys haven't shown up yet but they will starting tonignt......hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 6:16 PM, Sluggermatt15 said:

Lol. Keep on running your mouth. Maybe you'll get one right.

Well, this didn’t age well.

Time to blow it up. Trade Marner for a D Man.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:35 AM, TMLFAN said:

2nd in division and most likely 100pt season.  I didn't see this coming.

This one is bad but hopefully it was just sarcasm.  I'm not taking Barzals 18 goals over much of anybody.

TBD.  Check back after round one

He did struggle to put up 50.......goals that is.

Wrong.  Freddy has been great.  Grade gets dragged down to a B because Sparks is trash

Nope.  Just as good as Boston's when healthy.

Debatable.  I'd give them an A

We'll see

Ok, one more time

Islanders get their pound of flesh on this one.  They're still playing and Tavares is golfing.  My prediction is they're a one year flash in the pan and will be trash again next season.

Barzal take is still bad

You were right, Tavares didn't get them to the next level

Tavares is still great

Gonna go with your C+ as correct.  Game 7 Freddy reared his ugly head again.  0-4 in game 7's.

Toronto's D is still trash

Taking the A grade back and going with your B+.  Matthews showed up but nobody else did.

Lots of work for Dubas this summer.

On 4/24/2019 at 8:15 PM, TheKevinShow said:

Hi there.

The Leafs three playoff wins is equal to the number the Blackhawks have in the past 4 seasons. LMAO.

Edited by Sluggermatt15

On 4/13/2019 at 5:32 PM, KB67 said:

The West was real rough this year, a real murderers row, so I cut them some slack this year.

Lol. Lame excuse. The Eastern Conference was much stronger during the regular season.

On 4/29/2019 at 2:46 PM, Sluggermatt15 said:

The Leafs three playoff wins is equal to the number the Blackhawks have in the past 4 seasons. LMAO.

The Blackhawks' three Cups in the last ten years is three more than the Leafs have won in the last half-century. LMAO.

33 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

The Blackhawks' three Cups in the last ten years is three more than the Leafs have won in the last half-century. LMAO.

WGAF win more than one outdoor game before you try to join the adults table kthxbye

On 4/29/2019 at 2:47 PM, Sluggermatt15 said:

Lol. Lame excuse. The Eastern Conference was much stronger during the regular season.

Yes, thanks for the insight. It was a very tongue-in-cheek comment, as the West actually really sucked this year.

On 5/1/2019 at 5:06 PM, guam64 said:

WGAF win more than one outdoor game before you try to join the adults table kthxbye

Outdoor games don't win Cups.

16 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Outdoor games don't win Cups.

No one cares go back to watching s***ty baseball like the rest of Chicago

Uhhhh excuse me but there's a certain New York team that has more outdoor wins than ANYONE. Yall better chiggity-check yourselves.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 6:29 PM, TheKevinShow said:

LOL well last time I checked, you can't win the Cup if you don't qualify for the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Sluggermatt15 said:

LOL well last time I checked, you can't win the Cup if you don't qualify for the playoffs.

LOL well last time I checked, you can’t win the Cup if you haven’t made it out of the first round since 2004.