Gretzky Paulina Patch

spudrock512

I am wondering if the Paulina patch should be on all his gamers, or if this was just done on the '91-92 jersey shown here:

31503_01_lg.jpg

Here is an example of the 92-93 jersey from Grey Flannel Auction that does not show or make mention of the Paulina Patch: https://www.greyflannelauctions.com/1992_93_wayne_gretzky_los_angeles_kings_game_used_-lot35076.aspx

Just trying to figure out if this should be included in all his jerseys, or if it was just in the 91-92 jersey.  In Slim's book, it makes it seem like it should be there for all of his jerseys, but I haven't found any indication of this.  I am trying to do as close to a 92-93 reproduction of what he would have used, but want to get it accurately done.

Thanks for all the help!

I don’t recall seeing any of Gretzky’s children’s names on any of his game worn jerseys from any season other than 1991/92.  During that season, the name of his son Ty (who was the only other child of Gretzky besides Paulina who had been born by that time) also appeared on some jerseys.

Imagine the equipment managers when Wayne came on their team.  "Well, I need you to cut out the tie-down. Oh, and I need a special piece of Velcro sewn in the hem. Oh, yeah, and sew in my name in the collar, and my daughter's name in the hem." And who knows what else...

They must have rolled their eyes.  But, hey, when you're the great one, they do what you want ?

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

But, hey, when you're the great one, they do what you want ?

If Wayne Gretzky came up to me at a game and asked for a bite of my food, I'd ask him if he wanted to finish it and I'll just buy myself a new one.

3 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

If Wayne Gretzky came up to me at a game and asked for a bite of my food, I'd ask him if he wanted to finish it and I'll just buy myself a new one.

If Wayne Gretzky came up to me at a game and asked for a bite of my food I'd throw it in his face and call him an A hole. ;)

Just now, TMLFAN said:

If Wayne Gretzky came up to me at a game and asked for a bite of my food I'd throw it in his face and call him an A hole. ;)

If Wayne Gretzky came up to me at a game and asked for a bite of my food I'd tell him I'd trade it for a bite of Paulina ?