Avs Adidas Team Issued MiC vs Adidas Indo Retail Authentic

hodkurtz

I just got back my first Team Issued MiC Colorado Avalanche Adidas Home jersey that I sent in to get a Sakic customization (was a blank when it was purchased from the team).

I’ve attached some comparison photos to the Adidas Indo “Authentic” retail version, for everyone’s reference (Dropbox Links).  Surprisingly, while the MiC is definitely the better quality of the two, the Indo Adidas jerseys are definitely MUCH closer to the Adidas MiC than the Reebok Premiers were to the Reebok Edges, at least in terms of appearance and construction.  Fabric-wise, the Adidas is definitely a hefier and thicker material, but the appearances are remarkably similar, even up close.

For comparison, I’ve also included photos comparing my Avalache Reebok Edge Alternate vs the Reebok Premier Alternate, where you can clearly see the quality differences in appearance and construction:

Adidas MiC vs Adidas Indo:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ptkrvif36h71476/AACeopiCzIImN8Bzve8NkySZa?dl=0

Reebok Edge vs Reebok Premier:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qb4x5faew2phxfi/AAClb5Zp4D9bSdK-7jLYvd4Qa?dl=0

Photo Sep 08, 3 18 17 PMPhoto Sep 08, 3 22 58 PM

Edited by hodkurtz

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You didn’t need to post this a second time in a separate thread. 

My apologies, I just know that there’s been a lot of us Avs fans that have been waiting to see a comparison for the Adidas jerseys, so I decided to make a new thread for anyone searching (as I had been myself).

Beautiful. Love the MIC Adidas Jerseys. Mine will soon be a MacKinnon.

Colorado AvalancheColorado Avalanche

Edited by KB67
Kindness. Kindness makes the world a better place.

2 hours ago, KB67 said:

Why would you get a Sakic customization on an Adidas jersey that he never wore?

Probably would have been a little cheaper to use an original Starter, Koho, or CCM brand he wore as well. 

I think the comparison is a bit off too.  The Premier line with Reebok was their replica line, not their retail authentic line.  So a more apples to apples comparison would be the Reebok Edge versus IndoEdge.  In that case the Indo's are much closer to the MiC Edges than the Adizeros are to the MiC Adidas.

6 hours ago, KB67 said:

Why would you get a Sakic customization on an Adidas jersey that he never wore?

As I said in the other thread..

44562973511_9deae961a1_b.jpg

Guest Dr_Puck

Let's not have our jersey snobbishness turn off someone who is new to the group. I actually like that jersey as it's done up and at least Sakic is involved in the team in a key role. Sharp look for a legacy franchise player. 

Seriously, knock it off with the jersey foul BS.  I think he knows Sakic didn’t wear the adidas jersey.  Who cares, let the man put whomever he wants on his jersey.

32 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Seriously, knock it off with the jersey foul BS.  I think he knows Sakic didn’t wear the adidas jersey.  Who cares, let the man put whomever he wants on his jersey.

43665788235_6c3a9e2fc5_b.jpg

9 hours ago, KB67 said:

Beautiful. Love the MIC Adidas Jerseys. Mine will soon be a MacKinnon.

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Let's not have our jersey snobbishness turn off someone who is new to the group. I actually like that jersey as it's done up and at least Sakic is involved in the team in a key role. Sharp look for a legacy franchise player. 

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

@KB67 So glad to see you grabbed one of the team issued blanks as well!  MacKinnon is the PERFECT choice for that beauty!  I'm just curious, did you also get yours from koyunbaba.enterprises-2 on eBay back at the end of July?  I'm still in the market to find a blank white adidas, so it would be great to see if you found another channel for those!

@Dr_Puck @TMLFAN Appreciate the welcome and the backup!

@mfitz804 Normally, I would try to follow the "jersey foul" rules, but in this case, I actually have made it my mission over the past two years to get a complete Sakic authentic collection covering every Avs jersey era and style (up to 10 styles as of today).  And as @Dr_Puck mentioned, I feel like I can give a little slack to Sakic based on him being both a HoF'er and the GM, and, depending on how the Senators do this year (and us possibly being able to pick Jack Hughes in next year's draft with their pick), may prove to have been responsible for the greatest Avs trade since the Lindros/Forsberg trade.

I'm totally that anal. IE: If I want a Horvat skate jersey, it's gotta be an Edge 2.0, not a CCM ultrafil. However, considering what the industry has become, I'll spare my rage for people who buy fake jerseys.

2 hours ago, hodkurtz said:

@KB67 So glad to see you grabbed one of the team issued blanks as well!  MacKinnon is the PERFECT choice for that beauty!  I'm just curious, did you also get yours from koyunbaba.enterprises-2 on eBay back at the end of July?  I'm still in the market to find a blank white adidas, so it would be great to see if you found another channel for those!

@Dr_Puck @TMLFAN Appreciate the welcome and the backup!

@mfitz804 Normally, I would try to follow the "jersey foul" rules, but in this case, I actually have made it my mission over the past two years to get a complete Sakic authentic collection covering every Avs jersey era and style (up to 10 styles as of today).  And as @Dr_Puck mentioned, I feel like I can give a little slack to Sakic based on him being both a HoF'er and the GM, and, depending on how the Senators do this year (and us possibly being able to pick Jack Hughes in next year's draft with their pick), may prove to have been responsible for the greatest Avs trade since the Lindros/Forsberg trade.

Yes, that is where I got it from.....best $120 I’ve spent......

3 hours ago, KB67 said:

Yes, that is where I got it from.....best $120 I’ve spent......

Wow, you definitely got the best deal, hands down!  I must have caught that seller on a second or third round of inventory; I paid $175 for my blank from them.

Be sure to post your MacKinnon once it’s complete!

On 9/9/2018 at 9:25 AM, Devilsguy said:

I think the comparison is a bit off too.  The Premier line with Reebok was their replica line, not their retail authentic line.  So a more apples to apples comparison would be the Reebok Edge versus IndoEdge.  In that case the Indo's are much closer to the MiC Edges than the Adizeros are to the MiC Adidas.

I mostly agree with this statement. However, when you look the first Adizero jerseys for the WCOH, what they called replicas at the time are the exact same as what they now call 'authentic'. Only difference between WCOH reps and NHL 'authentics' is lack of double shoulders and a fight strap. Primary body material is identical.

Only positive part about the crappiness of Adidas retail jerseys is that they're inexpensive compared to Reebok. Hopefully that stops some people from buying a Chinese knockoff

2 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Only positive part about the crappiness of Adidas retail jerseys is that they're inexpensive compared to Reebok. Hopefully that stops some people from buying a Chinese knockoff

I doubt it will. Its still over $100 blank for something those people are accustomed to getting for $35 customized. I don't see that changing anyone's mind. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I doubt it will. Its still over $100 blank for something those people are accustomed to getting for $35 customized. I don't see that changing anyone's mind. 

Adizero Blackhawks jerseys can be had for under $100 customized all day long on eBay.

At retail, as I check the Lids Canada website right now, a blank Adizero is $200 CAD and one with a player is $250 CAD. They're more expensive than Reebok Premier jerseys, which retailed for $140 CAD and when I worked in the industry, how much a player jersey was depended on your team's customization cost. IE: single-layer Canucks and Red Wings were much cheaper than triple-layer Penguins.

Even the Fanatics Breakaway jersey on the NHL's Canadian shop is $150 blank and player jerseys are $190. 

The average fan, who is not knowledgeable about things like this, who shops on eBay will opt for the $40 jersey instead of the $90 Adizero that can be found.

There is nothing about Adidas and Fanatics retail jerseys that will put a dent into the fake jersey market. The only thing that can do that is Canadian and US border services making it a priority. 

37 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Adizero Blackhawks jerseys can be had for under $100 customized all day long on eBay.

That's because they suck now. ;)

In any event, I was talking about new, retail prices, not secondhand discounted eBay prices. No doubt, if you look around, you can save a few bucks. 

15 minutes ago, Van67 said:

The average fan, who is not knowledgeable about things like this, who shops on eBay will opt for the $40 jersey instead of the $90 Adizero that can be found.

And, on top of that, you aren't talking about the average fan here, you're talking about the average fan who would already be predisposed to buying the $40 knockoff. That person isn't suddenly going to decide to pay more than double for what they perceive as being "the same thing" or as some people say, "even better". 

22 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Fair enough. Valid point

On 9/10/2018 at 12:59 PM, mdwsta4 said:

Fair enough. Valid point

I think the real question that I can’t find an answer to is whether or not adidas is going to opt to sell the MiC versions in retail this year, in the same way that Reebok did in the second year following the release of the Edge series, after they only sold the Indo-Authentics in retail the first year?

2 hours ago, hodkurtz said:

I think the real question that I can’t find an answer to is whether or not adidas is going to opt to sell the MiC versions in retail this year, in the same way that Reebok did in the second year following the release of the Edge series, after they only sold the Indo-Authentics in retail the first year?

The easiest way to find out is to ask Jersey Baron. If JB says that there’s no indication that they’ll be getting them, then it’s not happening.