Looking for red EDGE nameplate material

mdwsta4

I sent a handful of Blackhawks jerseys into CSL to be customized, however they just called and let me know that they do not have anymore red edge nameplate material. They suggested air knit, but I was wondering if anyone here had some spare edge material lying around? Need kind of a long nameplate since this jersey was being done up as a Hjalmarsson.

Cheers,

Matt

3 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I sent a handful of Blackhawks jerseys into CSL to be customized, however they just called and let me know that they do not have anymore red edge nameplate material. They suggested air knit, but I was wondering if anyone here had some spare edge material lying around? Need kind of a long nameplate since this jersey was being done up as a Hjalmarsson.

Of course it was, now you have to find the longest nameplate imaginable. i hope you can find it. 

Have you tried Jersey Baron? He definitely had them at one time. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Of course it was, now you have to find the longest nameplate imaginable. i hope you can find it. 

Have you tried Jersey Baron? He definitely had them at one time. 

Reached out to JB, waiting to hear back. Also reached out to EPS who said it would cost $30!!! That’s practically half of what an entire jersey customization costs!

7 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Reached out to JB, waiting to hear back. Also reached out to EPS who said it would cost $30!!! That’s practically half of what an entire jersey customization costs!

I think that is the very definition of having you over a barrel. They know they are one of the only places you can find that.

I would add, I believe they charge $35 for a fully finished name plate with a name, Including sewing it onto your jersey.

Edited by mfitz804

42 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think that is the very definition of having you over a barrel. They know they are one of the only places you can find that.

I would add, I believe they charge $35 for a fully finished name plate with a name, Including sewing it onto your jersey.

Would it be a better value to find a red Edge jersey online and cut it up?

29 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

Would it be a better value to find a red Edge jersey online and cut it up?

I mean, technically I have a few Caps practice jerseys that I could destroy, but I’d rather sell them. Of course, if I cut it up and could sell nameplates for $20 each I’d be way ahead of the game! 

2 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I mean, technically I have a few Caps practice jerseys that I could destroy, but I’d rather sell them. Of course, if I cut it up and could sell nameplates for $20 each I’d be way ahead of the game! 

And the fight straps! I'm sure someone's always looking for one to repair a jersey.

I’ve always thought about cutting up a jersey to sell, but I’ve never done it. That said, I saw a Devils 2.0 sell under $70 on eBay recently. If you can get a price like that...

I would just buy a jersey and cut it up if JB can’t get you one. Did that back in the day with a Leafs 1.0 for like $60 from MeiGray and got at least five nameplates out of it. 

Even if you only need one nameplate, you can easily sell the other 4 for like $12 each. You can probably even sell the fight strap for like 15 dollars. I was even able to sell the cut up jersey with a missing back on ebay for a couple bucks. 

25 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

I would just buy a jersey and cut it up if JB can’t get you one. Did that back in the day with a Leafs 1.0 for like $60 from MeiGray and got at least five nameplates out of it. 

Even if you only need one nameplate, you can easily sell the other 4 for like $12 each. You can probably even sell the fight strap for like 15 dollars. I was even able to sell the cut up jersey with a missing back on ebay for a couple bucks. 

If Devils red is a match, I would buy the crest from you for about 15 bucks...