Sign in to follow this  
LondonGardens

Another Price Drop! LondonGardens Sale - 2 Nice Reebok Premier (STL WC & MN)

EDIT - Caps MIC/Premier, NY, SJ sold.

EDIT - Keeping Generals...

Reebok Premier replicas are blanks and are new with tags. Never worn, smoke free home.

St. Louis Winter Classic, XXL, NWT - has the same felt crest as the 2.0 - crest is SEWN ON just like the 2.0, same ribbed collar as 2.0, exact same construction as 2.0 (i.e. stripes are constructed/sewn together, not sublimated).  $100 USD + $15 USD shipping to Canada / $25 USD to US, PayPal F&F or Regular + fees.

STL

Minnesota Wild, XXL, NWT - nice felt crest. $55 USD + $15 USD shipping to Canada / $25 USD to US, PayPal F&F or Regular + fees.

MN

Edited by LondonGardens

I'm actually sympathetic, was simply missing the connection to the technical process of how the thread that gets woven in is pre-coloured, and then how that works so perfectly.

I actually am disgusted at the NHL making any jerseys outside of North America.  Hockey Related Revenue is at an all time high and could easily absorb making the replicas in Can/USA (and the lowest level replicas should be at thevCCM 550 level, IMHO).  They are morally no better than the counterfeiters (and the marketing techniques to call them authentic is insulting - I hate the "customer won't notice" assumption).  Really think the NHLPA should insist that all official jerseys be made in CAN/USA as part of the CBA negotiations.

Edited by LondonGardens

Well said.

I met with the Senators last year regarding the Sens book, and as a token of gratitude for my efforts on the book, they gifted me an 'on-ice' retail Karlsson jersey from the Sens Store -

2v2uP1RGrxZ1VfS.jpg

The guy who gave it to me specifically stated it wasn't one of the cheap replicas, and was indeed an 'on-ice' jersey, showing me the fight strap and all.

Ironically, one of the reasons we were meeting is so I could get a sneak peak at the (at the time) new Adidas jerseys...when I was brought a couple of pre-season gamers, I proceeded to show them the differences between the fight straps, double elbows/shoulders, materials and overall stitching, and they were taken aback and had no idea.

Even the team's brass didn't know there was a difference between MIC and Indo-crap.

Good times :D

That's good stuff, Slim.  We know more than they do.

Somehow we should be able to leverage this info asymmetry to our advantage, right?  (Remembering that my motto seems to be "buy high, sell low") 😅

12 hours ago, LondonGardens said:

I'm actually sympathetic, was simply missing the connection to the technical process of how the thread that gets woven in is pre-coloured, and then how that works so perfectly.

I actually am disgusted at the NHL making any jerseys outside of North America.  Hockey Related Revenue is at an all time high and could easily absorb making the replicas in Can/USA (and the lowest level replicas should be at thevCCM 550 level, IMHO).  They are morally no better than the counterfeiters (and the marketing techniques to call them authentic is insulting - I hate the "customer won't notice" assumption).  Really think the NHLPA should insist that all official jerseys be made in CAN/USA as part of the CBA negotiations.

Great post, and I 100% agree with you, sadly that would eat in the bottom line so you know it won't happen. 

3 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

That's good stuff, Slim.  We know more than they do.

Somehow we should be able to leverage this info asymmetry to our advantage, right?  (Remembering that my motto seems to be "buy high, sell low") 😅

Confessions of a jersey collector

2v2EHH4WDxZ1VfS.jpg

Yep.