Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

mfitz804

I figured people are always asking in various threads, why not have a thread dedicated to it?

My most recent order from EPS of two Devils jerseys (one Reebok 1.0, one Reebok 2.0) was placed on 7/23/18 and invoiced on 9/24/18, a period of 9 weeks. 

That's pretty short considering their usual turn-around, the fact that they are no longer the Devils' provider, and the fact that they were also likely preparing their teams' pre-season and regular season jerseys. 

My August 1 order remains outstanding at 8 weeks today. 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keener Jerseys is supposed to be 3 weeks - however, that may be relaxed shortly.

Keener has a big contract to do rec league jerseys across Canada, as well as the retail Nashville Predators jerseys. 

2 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

It's not applicable to this time of year but I sent an order of three jerseys to Bobcat back at the end of December and it was finished about five months later.

Even still, having a thread with this kind of information is helpful to those who might be thinking about sending in an order. 

I appreciate your response, and all of the responses above. I'll be good to have this thread as a resource. 

Glad to hear that about Bobcat, Kevin.  I sent them a jersey that was delivered a little over 4 months ago.  No communication from them at all, even after several emails.  I was starting to think that maybe they just kept my jersey.  I still kind of think that, honestly...

If it makes you feel any better Josh, I have some stuff that’s been there for 5 months, plus another jersey that’s been there over a year.

5 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

If it makes you feel any better Josh, I have some stuff that’s been there for 5 months, plus another jersey that’s been there over a year.

How can they possibly justify more than a year??

43 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

That does make me feel better. I honestly don’t care how long it takes since it’s a Kings jersey that I’m not itching to wear, but the lack of communication is just frustrating :( 

Two recent EPS experiences that were invoiced in September:

1.  Eight jerseys, odd balls, ECHL, AHL, IHL, NHL:   5 months and 1 week from receipt to invoice.

2.  Two jerseys, one NHL (Florida Panthers) and one ECHL (Long Beach Ice Dogs):  3.5 months from receipt to invoice.

They seem to turn around Caps jersey fairly quickly (we'll see on that, I sent in a recent order with 4 Caps jerseys and one ECHL Texas Wildcatters jersey.............that Wildcatters may make it 6 months ?.)

My recent experience with three modern era Caps jerseys (one Edge 2.0 and two adidas MIC) was 10 weeks from when I shipped, to when I was invoiced.  Sent them the first week of July, and back in my hands right at the start of training camp, which is what I was hoping for.  I also had the residue from a stripped jersey cleaned by them.  No patch applications.  Nameplates were the correct material on each one.

Shipping was insanely quick (though it helps to live within a hundred miles of Rockford) - I was invoiced on a Saturday, paid on Sunday, and had the jerseys on Tuesday.  Solid experience, but obviously not a complicated order.  

Need to send out three more jerseys and was planning on sending them to EPS. Has anyone had jerseys cleaned by them? If so, any idea how much more that added on to the wait time?

I do it all the time. I wouldn’t say it adds too much time to the wait time. If it was a current team they do, it probably does. Because they do those faster. Otherwise, the 10 to 12 weeks that it usually takes it’s pretty much the same whether you’re having something cleaned or not.

I paid Keener Aug. 31. Still waiting (not complaining).

My box to EPS arrived there today. I'm not counting on having them before February so if I get them earlier, I'll be happy. 

For EPS orders from Canada, I got dinged good by the CBSA last time when they labeled the description as clothing. Should I expect to pay to get my jerseys back across the border again?

Absolutely. Everything is getting dinged these days. I was charged $13 on a $50 shutterfly box. 

The only method I know that works is airmail. However, its super slow and has no tracking. So like not really worth the risk when dealing with your jerseys. 

I don't get it. Maybe I'm lucky but I've only ever got nailed at the border twice... EPS and the Sioux Shop, which was via EPS. Everything else I've bought and had shipped from other countries (tracked or not) has always got through without being bent over to get it into Canada. There's just no reason for it. I was in The Netherlands last year and my cousins think we're crazy for needing to know the value of product we're bringing back as souvenirs. 

Has anyone sent anything to arenawear lately? I know they had stopped taking customer orders at one point. Are they back in business now (for collectors)?

6 hours ago, Van67 said:

I don't get it. Maybe I'm lucky but I've only ever got nailed at the border twice... EPS and the Sioux Shop, which was via EPS. Everything else I've bought and had shipped from other countries (tracked or not) has always got through without being bent over to get it into Canada. There's just no reason for it. I was in The Netherlands last year and my cousins think we're crazy for needing to know the value of product we're bringing back as souvenirs. 

I used to never get hit unless it was UPS (I’ve been hit for duty that cost more than the jersey itself from UPS). Over the past few months I’ve been hit on everything unless its through airmail. We have one of the lowest thresholds in the world for tax free imports ($20 which iirc, was put into place in the 80s, so super outdated). The US on the other hand is like $800. 

5 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

I used to never get hit unless it was UPS (I’ve been hit for duty that cost more than the jersey itself from UPS). Over the past few months I’ve been hit on everything unless its through airmail. We have one of the lowest thresholds in the world for tax free imports ($20 which iirc, was put into place in the 80s, so super outdated). The US on the other hand is like $800. 

i often wonder this myself, can anyone tell me why the american threshold is so high compared to the rest of the world?

16 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

i often wonder this myself, can anyone tell me why the american threshold is so high compared to the rest of the world?

We took possession of Justin Bieber, Canada has to pay more import tax. They are still making out on the deal. 

I don't know how all other countries are. I can only speak for Canada. Most of my experience with duties is with travelling. Your exemption is $800 if you've been gone for 48+ hours. It doesn't increase after that. I could spend a few days in the US and be allowed the same exemption as a month in Europe, which makes zero sense. 

When I came back last year, I was honest and declared $1100 / $800, expected to pay on the extra $300 and the border guard just asked me what I bought and let me through. Not complaining about not paying but it makes me wonder why we even have those rules if enforcing it is up to the mood of the border guard in the kiosk you end up getting.

Looking for a little advice and this seemed to be the topic that might get the best answers. Between EPS and CSL who would be best to ship jerseys to to have them stripped and possibly have some glue residue removed if needed? I have a couple of 2.0 'Hawks away and road jerseys that have slightly off Kane number fonts and need the correct fonts done. I've heard EPS does really good with residue removal but haven't found any pics of a Kane they did to see how the font looks and I've seen pics of CSL's 'Hawks font work which looks really good but no comments on how good they can clean one up. Turnaround time isn't a big issue. Thanks in advance for any info.

I can't speak to CSL's glue removal results but I have always been pretty happy with EPS in that regard. It's been only very rarely and on white jerseys that they didn't get full, undetectable removal, and not EVERY white jersey, just a couple out of at least 10.