Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

mfitz804

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, furiousd said:

Yeah, because businesses don't care when a review saying "these guys didn't do the work and never returned my stuff" shows up on the front page of Google.

nWq.gif

I dunno, maybe this guy would wear it as a badge of honor. He sounds like a peach.

In fairness, if he was worried about negative reviews, he wouldn’t have acted the way he has acted already. 

15 hours ago, furiousd said:

Yeah, because businesses don't care when a review saying "these guys didn't do the work and never returned my stuff" shows up on the front page of Google.

nWq.gif

I dunno, maybe this guy would wear it as a badge of honor. He sounds like a peach.

The BBB is a scam like Yelp. Businesses can pay to have negative reviews removed and/or positive reviews promoted. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, I ended up having to send my Burger King back to EPS since they forgot to put the C on it. Even if I hadn't put it on my order, you’d think that that’s not something that would slip through the cracks since I went the cliche route and had it done as a Gretzky. 

At least the two other jerseys came out nice. I’m not terribly upset that I have to wait longer for the BK since they’re fixing it for free, as expected. 

7 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

So, I ended up having to send my Burger King back to EPS since they forgot to put the C on it. Even if I hadn't put it on my order, you’d think that that’s not something that would slip through the cracks since I went the cliche route and had it done as a Gretzky. 

At least the two other jerseys came out nice. I’m not terribly upset that I have to wait longer for the BK since they’re fixing it for free, as expected. 

Not surprised tbh. I saw a guy get a Morgan Rielly jersey back from EPS spelt as “REILLY” since thats how he put it on the order form. 

18 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Not surprised tbh. I saw a guy get a Morgan Rielly jersey back from EPS spelt as “REILLY” since thats how he put it on the order form. 

What’s funny is that I’ve seen EPS both ask me to confirm what they thought were mistakes and also fix mistakes that I made without even asking me. When I had them do my 03-04 Thrashers alt, I asked for it layered and they emailed me to confirm that I wanted it layered, since they usually did it kiss-cut. I emailed them back with photos of a Stefan gamer that was layered. Also, on the Lightning jersey that came back with my recent order, I mistakenly said that I wanted the metallic twill as the outer layer on the numbers. I must have not been paying attention when I typed that. They did it correctly as the middle kiss-cut layer. 

7 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Easily corrected, at least. 

29 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

That’s the buyer’s fault. Not their job to look for your errors. If the catch them, that’s great, but if not, it’s your fault. 

Yeah, I emailed them and Josh responded almost immediately to tell me to ship it back so they can fix it. 

Credit where credit is due to EPS: they are responsive and easy to contact. 

35 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Yeah, I emailed them and Josh responded almost immediately to tell me to ship it back so they can fix it. 

Credit where credit is due to EPS: they are responsive and easy to contact. 

Did they pay for you to ship it back?

49 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

No. 

Same thing that happened to me when them placed a captain’s C in the wrong spot. Got an “ it’s our fault, we’ll fix it” but still had to pay to ship it back. I didn’t get charged return shipping, but I had another package coming back and they just stuck it in there. 

I guess there’s worse things. 

Anyone got a place to send a jersey for quick turnaround when 100% accuracy isn’t required? 

I have a youth jersey for my daughter inbound, and I’m contemplating whether I want to send it to EPS. 

In the end I probably will, but I figured I’d ask. 

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:25 AM, Phil the Thrill said:

I literally check three times to make sure I've spelt Rielly right whenever I'm making a Rielly kit.  So easy to brain fart and go E I

2 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

I literally check three times to make sure I've spelt Rielly right whenever I'm making a Rielly kit.  So easy to brain fart and go E I

E I? Oh!!!

On 7/14/2019 at 1:15 AM, TheKevinShow said:

And now it’s on its way back after having arrived at EPS a week ago. 

On 6/26/2019 at 6:05 PM, Ggirth55 said:

Exactly.  I can only think he is playing games at this point.   He told me he was not going to complete my order and would just send them back.  That was over 4 weeks ago and I haven't received anything or heard anything.   I thought about visiting him but my attorney said not to.  What kind of loser runs a business and treats his customers this way?   Holding the customers property hostage just to be in a position of power.   If I end up having to sue I am going to make it worth my time.   

I finally received my jerseys back from Custom Crafted.   For the record I called this guy a total of 2 times over the 4 months he had my jerseys.  The jerseys came back in the same shape I sent them in, he included the check I sent (ripped up).  Not sure if that was supposed to be a message, but I am just glad I finally received my jerseys.  I am not advocating that no one should use Custom Crafted.  I just want everyone to know that if you do decide to use them just proceed with kid gloves.   I never said anything upsetting to him (just asked if he could rush the order after not doing anything for a month) and he lost his mind on me.  Thanks HockeyBob for your help with this!  

Sorry, I feel like I need to put more of an explanation on how I received them.   I truly do not think he was going to send them back if I didn't take these other steps.  At about the 8 week mark (4 weeks after he said he would was going to send them back) I sent a prepaid and addressed package with a letter requesting he return my jerseys as he informed me he was going to do.  In the letter I simply included a CC: to my attorney (who was informed about the situation and coaching me on how to proceed).  From there I gave him 2 weeks to respond, then I filed a complaint with the BBB.   Since I was very nervous and wanted to be sure I wouldn't let my emotions get the best of me I had Hockey Bob call last week to check the status.  They informed him that they would be going out "today", last Friday; I received them today.  If there is anything that I learned from this is to be sure to keep all receipts, delivery confirmations etc.   Because I kept my receipt from UPS showing that the package was delivered and had the correct value for the contents inside I was able to show that they did sign and receive my jerseys.  I also printed off the tracking info because those tracking numbers only show the records for a couple months.  Even the second package was sent with the prepaid and address envelope required a signature so I could confirm receipt.  These were just to early 90's Blues jerseys.  I know a lot of you have way more valuable jerseys that you send out to be customized.  Though this is a one-off, or a "freak occurrence", you can never be too careful.  Be sure to document everything and track everything (require signatures etc)

Edited by Ggirth55

40 minutes ago, Ggirth55 said:

I finally received my jerseys back from Custom Crafted.   For the record I called this guy a total of 2 times over the 4 months he had my jerseys.  The jerseys came back in the same shape I sent them in, he included the check I sent (ripped up).  Not sure if that was supposed to be a message, but I am just glad I finally received my jerseys.  I am not advocating that no one should use Custom Crafted.  I just want everyone to know that if you do decide to use them just proceed with kid gloves.   I never said anything upsetting to him (just asked if he could rush the order after not doing anything for a month) and he lost his mind on me.  Thanks HockeyBob for your help with this!  

Sorry, I feel like I need to put more of an explanation on how I received them.   I truly do not think he was going to send them back if I didn't take these other steps.  At about the 8 week mark (4 weeks after he said he would was going to send them back) I sent a prepaid and addressed package with a letter requesting he return my jerseys as he informed me he was going to do.  In the letter I simply included a CC: to my attorney (who was informed about the situation and coaching me on how to proceed).  From there I gave him 2 weeks to respond, then I filed a complaint with the BBB.   Since I was very nervous and wanted to be sure I wouldn't let my emotions get the best of me I had Hockey Bob call last week to check the status.  They informed him that they would be going out "today", last Friday; I received them today.  If there is anything that I learned from this is to be sure to keep all receipts, delivery confirmations etc.   Because I kept my receipt from UPS showing that the package was delivered and had the correct value for the contents inside I was able to show that they did sign and receive my jerseys.  I also printed off the tracking info because those tracking numbers only show the records for a couple months.  Even the second package was sent with the prepaid and address envelope required a signature so I could confirm receipt.  These were just to early 90's Blues jerseys.  I know a lot of you have way more valuable jerseys that you send out to be customized.  Though this is a one-off, or a "freak occurrence", you can never be too careful.  Be sure to document everything and track everything (require signatures etc)

What douches. 

What's weird is when I called I must have gotten a completely different person as the guy I spoke with was polite and other than putting me on hold for about 10min answered all of my questions with a pleasant tone. 

I think the initial guy was power trippin' as he held Greg's jerseys hostage for 4 months, didn't do anything with them and ripped up the check and tossed it in the return box. 

It was fun to pretend I was Greg for a few minutes, I'm just glad they didn't ask any follow up questions about how big a Blues fan I was. (Go Hawks!) 

I never stray from my go-to Brilliant for my customization needs, Mike never power trips on me and he does fantastic work to boot! 

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

What's weird is when I called I must have gotten a completely different person as the guy I spoke with was polite and other than putting me on hold for about 10min answered all of my questions with a pleasant tone. 

I think the initial guy was power trippin' as he held Greg's jerseys hostage for 4 months, didn't do anything with them and ripped up the check and tossed it in the return box. 

It was fun to pretend I was Greg for a few minutes, I'm just glad they didn't ask any follow up questions about how big a Blues fan I was. (Go Hawks!) 

I never stray from my go-to Brilliant for my customization needs, Mike never power trips on me and he does fantastic work to boot! 

When you mention the Blues please refer to them as "Current Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues"

HAHAHA

Congrats to Ggirth for getting his jerseys back.  What a nightmare!

Back to the thread...............my EPS invoice arrived today.  Sent 4/13, they received by them 4/19.  Just over 13 weeks for 10 jerseys (8 full customizations and 2 nameplate only, all hockey, NHL, AHL and ECHL).

I have no problem with the timeline, but the invoice didn't include the Spring Sale discount, even though I shipped within the window and referenced (twice) the Spring Sale code on my order.  Probably an easy oversight, but this is twice in my last four orders with EPS that I needed to request a revised invoice because an error on their end.

I know, First World problems..............