Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

mfitz804

On 9/28/2018 at 6:34 AM, Phil the Thrill said:

I used to never get hit unless it was UPS (I’ve been hit for duty that cost more than the jersey itself from UPS). Over the past few months I’ve been hit on everything unless its through airmail. We have one of the lowest thresholds in the world for tax free imports ($20 which iirc, was put into place in the 80s, so super outdated). The US on the other hand is like $800. 

Well here's some welcome news for Canadian collectors...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/de-minimis-duty-free-1.4845458

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I can't speak to CSL's glue removal results but I have always been pretty happy with EPS in that regard. It's been only very rarely and on white jerseys that they didn't get full, undetectable removal, and not EVERY white jersey, just a couple out of at least 10. 

Great, I was hoping someone on the board would have had some experience with either of them to go off of. You've given me an idea of what I can probably expect. Thanks!

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

EPS should have no problem doing a Hawks jersey. They do the IceHogs’ on-ice jerseys and I’m pretty sure the fonts are identical. 

Sounds like the choice is EPS. Getting the right font was as important to me as how clean they come out. At least it's replacing 88's with 88's so coverage shouldn't be a big problem if at all. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

Sounds like the choice is EPS. Getting the right font was as important to me as how clean they come out. At least it's replacing 88's with 88's so coverage shouldn't be a big problem if at all.

Are you swapping out just the numbers or the nameplate as well?  The 88's should be basically the same, but EPS' home/road letters aren't exactly the same as CSL's.

21 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Are you swapping out just the numbers or the nameplate as well?  The 88's should be basically the same, but EPS' home/road letters aren't exactly the same as CSL's.

I'm not sure on the nameplates being removed until I get the jerseys. If the letters are close to correct and the plates are Edge I'll probably leave them. The lettering wouldn't be as big a deal to me as the numbers and it seems EPS had more reviews for removing old residue with success so that's the difference maker.

Apparently one of my jerseys was on the Keener live show 2 weeks ago, but I still haven’t received a shipping notice yet.  Not worried or anything, but seems a bit strange.  It’s been 6 weeks now.

The same sort of thing happened with one of my recent orders @LAK74.  I think they do up some of the more rare ones they want to show on KJLive before they finish the entire order.  You should see a notice soon, I think 6 weeks was the max I've waited on an order too. 

Edited by JJM4

5 hours ago, furiousd said:

They've shown two of yours, @LAK74.  Maybe they're still working.

Interesting.  Were they displayed in 2 different shows?  If so, do you remember when the most recent one was?

It never fails.  Whenever I e-mail or post about a shipping inquiry, the order gets shipped the same day!

4 hours ago, LAK74 said:

It never fails.  Whenever I e-mail or post about a shipping inquiry, the order gets shipped the same day!

I’ve intentionally done it to trigger shipping!!

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Does anyone have experience with communication from Cutting Edge Sports? I emailed them a week ago and got no response. 

The one in Massachusetts?  Didn't they go out of business a few years ago?

1 minute ago, LetsGoCaps said:

The one in Massachusetts?  Didn't they go out of business a few years ago?

Definitely not. They did a white Islanders wave jersey for me last year around this time.

2 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Definitely not. They did a white Islanders wave jersey for me last year around this time.

Oh, OK.  My bad

1 hour ago, Van67 said:

What’s their rate? I asked them for a quote a couple of years ago for a few jerseys they’ve done and I think they said $75 each. 

53 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

What’s their rate? I asked them for a quote a couple of years ago for a few jerseys they’ve done and I think they said $75 each. 

That sounds about right. I definitely remember paying less than I thought I would. 

On 11/4/2018 at 1:16 PM, TheKevinShow said:

I got a response this morning. $85 US is their cost.

• 3 weeks later...

My 9/17 order for customizing one Devils ProPlayer authentic from EPS was invoiced today. 10 weeks to the day from when I mailed it out. 

• 1 month later...

7 months and counting for my current customization scheme home Kings jersey at Bobcat.  I sent them an email today asking for a status update.  I'm sure it will get ignored like all of the other emails I've sent them.