Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

mfitz804

J, please let me know if you hear anything.  I usually don’t worry about turnaround times there, as I know they’re always long, but one of my jerseys has been there for over 16 months now, and I’d like to know if they are going to try to clear out the retail jobs by January, as they have done in the past.  Thanks.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, LAK74 said:

J, please let me know if you hear anything.  I usually don’t worry about turnaround times there, as I know they’re always long, but one of my jerseys has been there for over 16 months now, and I’d like to know if they are going to try to clear out the retail jobs by January, as they have done in the past.  Thanks.

Yep, will do.  I normally wouldn't even care about the turnaround time, but the lack of response is unsettling.

48 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

7 months and counting for my current customization scheme home Kings jersey at Bobcat.  I sent them an email today asking for a status update.  I'm sure it will get ignored like all of the other emails I've sent them.

The status is, you have at least 5 more months to wait lol. 

I just received another EPS package, and again it was 10 weeks from sending them in until I got my invoice. That seems to be about their regular number at this point. 

What would be EPS least-busy season? I like to wear my jerseys during the season and assuming the Rangers don't make the playoffs I am thinking to send them out as soon as the season ends. What's the usual turnaround time in April/ May - any longer or shorter than normal? I figure the turnaround may be a little bit quicker but, wanted to get others experiences. 

3 minutes ago, Zeshy25 said:

What would be EPS least-busy season? I like to wear my jerseys during the season and assuming the Rangers don't make the playoffs I am thinking to send them out as soon as the season ends. What's the usual turnaround time in April/ May - any longer or shorter than normal? I figure the turnaround may be a little bit quicker but, wanted to get others experiences. 

Springtime is usually the quickest, that's why traditionally they have always had their sale (when they have it) in the Spring. 

Assume that in March-April, they are making playoff sets for those teams of theirs which made the playoffs. 

I don't usually concern myself with the wait time, I just send them whenever I have them, because I have plenty of others to choose from. 

But if I were trying to do what you are trying to do, I would send them at the end of May. You're then clear of the hockey season, and it's usually too hot to be wearing jerseys anyway, and that gives you all of June, July, August and September (when its definitely too hot) to get them back before the ensuing season. That way it doesn't matter what the wait time is, and you'll be pleasantly surprised if they come back quick; otherwise you'll just get them in August and you'll still have them in plenty of time. 

At the 12 week mark for 3 jerseys I sent them October 2nd. One of them required a little bit of clean up so I expected it would take longer than usual. Still hoping they'll be finished soon.

13 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

At the 12 week mark for 3 jerseys I sent them October 2nd. One of them required a little bit of clean up so I expected it would take longer than usual. Still hoping they'll be finished soon.

Yeah you're right there. The way they have been going, I’d say within a week. 

I just got an invoice from EPS today, in just under 8 weeks.  It’s a current jersey for one of EPS’ teams, which probably helped, but still faster than I expected.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Springtime is usually the quickest, that's why traditionally they have always had their sale (when they have it) in the Spring. 

Assume that in March-April, they are making playoff sets for those teams of theirs which made the playoffs. 

I don't usually concern myself with the wait time, I just send them whenever I have them, because I have plenty of others to choose from. 

But if I were trying to do what you are trying to do, I would send them at the end of May. You're then clear of the hockey season, and it's usually too hot to be wearing jerseys anyway, and that gives you all of June, July, August and September (when its definitely too hot) to get them back before the ensuing season. That way it doesn't matter what the wait time is, and you'll be pleasantly surprised if they come back quick; otherwise you'll just get them in August and you'll still have them in plenty of time. 

Not a bad idea. Unfortunately (fortunately ?) I have more than enough jerseys to wear even if I send some out to EPS but, I like to keep the collection together as much as possible. 

Got a handful of jerseys to send and will just wait until the spring sale then.  Thanks

17 minutes ago, Zeshy25 said:

Not a bad idea. Unfortunately (fortunately ?) I have more than enough jerseys to wear even if I send some out to EPS but, I like to keep the collection together as much as possible. 

Got a handful of jerseys to send and will just wait until the spring sale then.  Thanks

You're welcome.

But, fair warning, they only do the Spring Sale, according to them, when their business slows down. If it doesn't, then they don't do it. I believe 2 of the last 3 or 4 years (definitely including 2018), they did not offer a sale. 

When they did, it was usually earlier than when I said, meaning March (I think one was as early as March 4, and one was as late as the first week of April) when there is still hockey to be played. Keeping them in your rotation during the season is why I said May. 

33 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Anyone know what CSL is currently at?

Oak Forest, Illinois. 

Oh wait, you said “what”...

Edited by mfitz804

Bob just got back to me!  Apparently, my jersey has been done for months, but was sitting in a box with a few other orders.  He thought that it/they had gone out.  He's giving me a discount to compensate for their mistake.  No harm, no foul.  LAK, maybe yours were in there, too?

Well, that’s interesting!  I’ll check with them, but I had at least 5 jerseys to be done, and I’d be surprised if they were all finished.  Thanks for the reply, and glad you’ll be getting yours soon.

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Bob just got back to me!  Apparently, my jersey has been done for months, but was sitting in a box with a few other orders.  He thought that it/they had gone out.  He's giving me a discount to compensate for their mistake.  No harm, no foul.  LAK, maybe yours were in there, too?

No way, did that actually happen???

27 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It really did. I was shocked 😳 

Me too. Amazing. Just goes to show you, sometimes you have to be persistent and bother them. 

12 weeks is just about their current normal for teams they don’t currently do. 

Edited by mfitz804

I think I sent one back at the beginning of November and haven't heard anything.  I guess it's only 9-10 weeks and it was a strip.  Josh said they get to strips as they have time, so it's likely going to be a good wait yet.

5 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

I think I sent one back at the beginning of November and haven't heard anything.  I guess it's only 9-10 weeks and it was a strip.  Josh said they get to strips as they have time, so it's likely going to be a good wait yet.

Correct. That’s a whole other story. 

Honestly I have my doubts whether they'll even be able to do much with the strip. It's a GI Habs jersey and whoever the team customizer from back in the 90s was, they pressed the hell out of it so the numbers are cemented on.  I'm hoping they can do it since it's a really nice goalie cut Berlin Starter.  I'm prepared to abandon ship and just be leaving it with them for nameplates and spare parts if the strip isn't possible.

Question for you Fitz (I tried to PM you but maybe your message box is full)...  how are EPS customizations to strip?   Is there usually much residue and cleaning needed?  Keener's aren't too bad but I have one coming that is an EPS customization so I want to know what to expect.

I have stripped 3 EPS jobs, plus parts of 4 others, and have not had problems with any of them- they were quite easy, actually.

Edited by LAK74

16 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Question for you Fitz (I tried to PM you but maybe your message box is full)...  how are EPS customizations to strip?   Is there usually much residue and cleaning needed?  Keener's aren't too bad but I have one coming that is an EPS customization so I want to know what to expect.

In my experience, they are relatively easy. The stitching is always very tight so sometimes it takes sometime. There’s almost always some glue residue left behind. I usually just pay the $15 for them to clean it emeather than trying to remove the glue myself. But it always comes very clean, and I recently did remove the glue left behind from an improper Alternate Captain’s A (my mistake, not theirs), and it was very simple, even for less a first time glue remover. 

Hope that helps. And thanks for letting me know about my mailbox, I just deleted approximately 3,000 PMs going back over 2 years lol.

Thanks for the replies guys and no problem about the mailbox... HTH.