Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

mfitz804

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Also stripped an EPS-lettered jersey and it was extremely easy. The back numbers were barely even glued down. 

That's what I like to hear. 

The jersey I'll be doing is a AHL Bauer from the late 90s.  I don't know exactly when it was customized but the guy said it was EPS so I'm hoping for a similar result on the strip.

54 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Also stripped an EPS-lettered jersey and it was extremely easy. The back numbers were barely even glued down. 

That hasn’t been my experience, in fact it’s often been tough to pry up an edge. But, once you get that done, the rest is pretty easy. 

Now the PX Devils I’ve been doing, now THOSE have no glue. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That hasn’t been my experience, in fact it’s often been tough to pry up an edge. But, once you get that done, the rest is pretty easy. 

Now the PX Devils I’ve been doing, now THOSE have no glue. 

This was a three-layer twill customization. Dunno if that had anything to do with it, but it was hardly glued at all. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

This was a three-layer twill customization. Dunno if that had anything to do with it, but it was hardly glued at all. 🤷‍♂️

Well that was certainly good news for you!

My order from Bobcat is waiting for me at the local FedEx office.  So, that would be 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days since they received it.  YMMV.

Lol.

12 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

My order from Bobcat is waiting for me at the local FedEx office.  So, that would be 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days since they received it.  YMMV.

Lol.

The unanswered question: how long were they ready before you called, and how long would it have been before they realized?

Over the past several months I've sent 4 Penguins jerseys to Pro Knit Wear in Pittsburgh for lettering and numbering. Turnaround time was about 2-3 weeks. They were happy to have my business and did their best to get the work done quickly. I am pleased with the work. I'll send them more jerseys in the future.

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The unanswered question: how long were they ready before you called, and how long would it have been before they realized?

JWwgeX1.gif?1

• 2 weeks later...

EPS - Exactly 18 weeks from their receiving them on 9/17/2018 to me receiving the invoice today.

It was 5 jerseys, but 4 of them were Caps, which should have been a breeze for them.

56 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

EPS - Exactly 18 weeks from their receiving them on 9/17/2018 to me receiving the invoice today.

It was 5 jerseys, but 4 of them were Caps, which should have been a breeze for them.

Were they current font Caps?

What was the fifth one?

I ordered a kit for a 2019 WJC USA Jersey on Dec.26th, and got invoiced for it last Friday, so not bad, only 3.5 weeks wait.

3 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

3 were the "current" Edge jersey (through 2016-17) done by EPS.  One was a 2015 Winter Classic jersey.  The fifth was (are you ready for random?) a 2007-08 Texas Wildcatters ECHL jersey.

7 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

The fifth was (are you ready for random?) a 2007-08 Texas Wildcatters ECHL jersey.

That may have been what killed your order.  I sent them a Caps jersey in November and got it back by New Year’s.

25 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

That may have been what killed your order.  I sent them a Caps jersey in November and got it back by New Year’s.

Probably.  The Wildcatters was just one layer back numbers and name, and two layer sleeve numbers, and to me the font seems pretty basic.  I was hoping that they'd see the 4 Caps jerseys and say, "no problem, we can knock this out", but apparently not.

I really have no problem with waiting, and they have higher priorities.

I'm at 14 weeks and counting with them for a two jersey order......a 2003-04 Ottawa Senators and a 2005-06 Las Vegas Wranglers.

7 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

3 were the "current" Edge jersey (through 2016-17) done by EPS.  One was a 2015 Winter Classic jersey.  The fifth was (are you ready for random?) a 2007-08 Texas Wildcatters ECHL jersey.

I know for a fact that if you throw one oddball in there, it will delay your entire order. They don’t invoice you until the whole order is ready, and they don’t break them up to ship you stuff that’s done earlier separately. So you have to wait the longest wait time. Josh told me that himself. 

Of course, knowing that, they may not have rushed on your Caps stuff and they may not have been ready at all. 

You just reminded me to actually check on that, lol. 😄

6 minutes ago, hatryk said:

Want to send an adidas whale and adidas Jets heritage somewhere. Who will get it back to me fastest?  Bobcat?

Keener. Definitely not Bobcat. 

I'm happy to report that the strip of an EPS job went quite well.  I have to say, what an absolute PITA narrow tight stitching job they do though.  It took me close to 8 hours to strip a #23 kit off, but there was very little glue used.  I hit it with acetone in a few spots and that did the trick.  Now I have a blank Fredericton Canadiens for Keener to work on.