Jump to content
mfitz804

Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

Recommended Posts

Also stripped an EPS-lettered jersey and it was extremely easy. The back numbers were barely even glued down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Also stripped an EPS-lettered jersey and it was extremely easy. The back numbers were barely even glued down. 

That's what I like to hear. 

The jersey I'll be doing is a AHL Bauer from the late 90s.  I don't know exactly when it was customized but the guy said it was EPS so I'm hoping for a similar result on the strip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Also stripped an EPS-lettered jersey and it was extremely easy. The back numbers were barely even glued down. 

That hasn’t been my experience, in fact it’s often been tough to pry up an edge. But, once you get that done, the rest is pretty easy. 

Now the PX Devils I’ve been doing, now THOSE have no glue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That hasn’t been my experience, in fact it’s often been tough to pry up an edge. But, once you get that done, the rest is pretty easy. 

Now the PX Devils I’ve been doing, now THOSE have no glue. 

This was a three-layer twill customization. Dunno if that had anything to do with it, but it was hardly glued at all. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

This was a three-layer twill customization. Dunno if that had anything to do with it, but it was hardly glued at all. 🤷‍♂️

Well that was certainly good news for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My order from Bobcat is waiting for me at the local FedEx office.  So, that would be 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days since they received it.  YMMV.

Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

My order from Bobcat is waiting for me at the local FedEx office.  So, that would be 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days since they received it.  YMMV.

Lol.

The unanswered question: how long were they ready before you called, and how long would it have been before they realized?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the past several months I've sent 4 Penguins jerseys to Pro Knit Wear in Pittsburgh for lettering and numbering. Turnaround time was about 2-3 weeks. They were happy to have my business and did their best to get the work done quickly. I am pleased with the work. I'll send them more jerseys in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The unanswered question: how long were they ready before you called, and how long would it have been before they realized?

JWwgeX1.gif?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got a quote back from Pro Knitwear for a 2016 SCF Penguins with a lead time of about two weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EPS - Exactly 18 weeks from their receiving them on 9/17/2018 to me receiving the invoice today.

It was 5 jerseys, but 4 of them were Caps, which should have been a breeze for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

EPS - Exactly 18 weeks from their receiving them on 9/17/2018 to me receiving the invoice today.

It was 5 jerseys, but 4 of them were Caps, which should have been a breeze for them.

Were they current font Caps?

What was the fifth one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a kit for a 2019 WJC USA Jersey on Dec.26th, and got invoiced for it last Friday, so not bad, only 3.5 weeks wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My oldest EPS order is at about the 8 week mark. Hoping to see an invoice in the next week or two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

EPS - Exactly 18 weeks from their receiving them on 9/17/2018 to me receiving the invoice today.

It was 5 jerseys, but 4 of them were Caps, which should have been a breeze for them.

3 were the "current" Edge jersey (through 2016-17) done by EPS.  One was a 2015 Winter Classic jersey.  The fifth was (are you ready for random?) a 2007-08 Texas Wildcatters ECHL jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

The fifth was (are you ready for random?) a 2007-08 Texas Wildcatters ECHL jersey.

That may have been what killed your order.  I sent them a Caps jersey in November and got it back by New Year’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

That may have been what killed your order.  I sent them a Caps jersey in November and got it back by New Year’s.

Probably.  The Wildcatters was just one layer back numbers and name, and two layer sleeve numbers, and to me the font seems pretty basic.  I was hoping that they'd see the 4 Caps jerseys and say, "no problem, we can knock this out", but apparently not.

I really have no problem with waiting, and they have higher priorities.

I'm at 14 weeks and counting with them for a two jersey order......a 2003-04 Ottawa Senators and a 2005-06 Las Vegas Wranglers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

3 were the "current" Edge jersey (through 2016-17) done by EPS.  One was a 2015 Winter Classic jersey.  The fifth was (are you ready for random?) a 2007-08 Texas Wildcatters ECHL jersey.

I know for a fact that if you throw one oddball in there, it will delay your entire order. They don’t invoice you until the whole order is ready, and they don’t break them up to ship you stuff that’s done earlier separately. So you have to wait the longest wait time. Josh told me that himself. 

Of course, knowing that, they may not have rushed on your Caps stuff and they may not have been ready at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LAK, did you ever get your order back from Bobcat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You just reminded me to actually check on that, lol. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hatryk said:

Want to send an adidas whale and adidas Jets heritage somewhere. Who will get it back to me fastest?  Bobcat?

Keener. Definitely not Bobcat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to report that the strip of an EPS job went quite well.  I have to say, what an absolute PITA narrow tight stitching job they do though.  It took me close to 8 hours to strip a #23 kit off, but there was very little glue used.  I hit it with acetone in a few spots and that did the trick.  Now I have a blank Fredericton Canadiens for Keener to work on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bobcat would be the longest wait time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×