Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

mfitz804

11 hours ago, JJM4 said:

I'm happy to report that the strip of an EPS job went quite well.  I have to say, what an absolute PITA narrow tight stitching job they do though.  It took me close to 8 hours to strip a #23 kit off, but there was very little glue used.  I hit it with acetone in a few spots and that did the trick.  Now I have a blank Fredericton Canadiens for Keener to work on.

I don’t know what I am doing wrong (or right)  when I strip a jersey. I could probably strip four jerseys in eight hours.  I don’t know if I am especially adept at it or what. 

You are right though, stripping other people’s work really makes you realize how tight the stitching is on in EPS jersey. The last two I did were by Phily Express, and I pretty much just asked the numbers to remove themselves and they did. 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I admit the sample size is tiny, but am I seriously the only person who hasn't had an absurdly long wait time with Bobcat? I sent mine to them in late December 2017 and got my invoice about five months later.

• 1 month later...

I had a 17 week turn around on one jersey with EPS.  It was a strip, clean and re-custom though so it was I was expecting an even longer turn around. 

Any idea if EPS will be running a spring special this year? I feel like its usually announced by now. I *think* they didn't run it last year because they were super busy.

Have a bunch of jerseys I am waiting to get done and since the boys in blue aren't making the playoffs I am perfectly fine with sending them out now so they are ready for start of next season. 

2 hours ago, Zeshy25 said:

Any idea if EPS will be running a spring special this year? I feel like its usually announced by now. I *think* they didn't run it last year because they were super busy.

Have a bunch of jerseys I am waiting to get done and since the boys in blue aren't making the playoffs I am perfectly fine with sending them out now so they are ready for start of next season. 

In 2017 they announced it on their Facebook page on March 17 and the sale began March 20.  There was no sale in 2018.

I really hope they have one this year, because I have a bunch ready, but I'm not optimistic.  Fingers crossed.

No sale in 2016 either, if I recall. 

If I get anything in the next couple weeks I’ll probably wait, but I’ve stopped saving stuff up for 6 months like I used to. You can’t rely on them having a sale.

I dropped off a Flyers 50th team issued blank to get lettered at the Flyers Skatezone in Voorhees NJ on September 15th. They have since lost my jersey and they still haven't made it right. Been like pulling teeth trying to get a replacement or a cash refund. 

7 hours ago, Flyers845 said:

I dropped off a Flyers 50th team issued blank to get lettered at the Flyers Skatezone in Voorhees NJ on September 15th. They have since lost my jersey and they still haven't made it right. Been like pulling teeth trying to get a replacement or a cash refund. 

Yikes, that’s no good. 

EPS still clocking in at about 13-14 weeks, although they leapfrogged one of my orders and finished a later one first. 

What's everyone's wait time with Keener been recently? I sent 4 on Jan 14 and was told to expect Feb 27. Not in a rush for them back, just wondering.

Just got an order back from them. They received it 12/18, invoiced 12/27, shipped it out to me 2/22. 

So, a little over 9 weeks all told. But, it was over the holidays so I cut them some slack. 

I had spoken to Keener’s mom around Christmas and she said that a few people had quit on them. So, it’s possible that could have something to do with it. 

Makes sense. She told me over email that they have a big backlog when I was originally invoiced on like January 28.

Edited by Phil the Thrill

Stitches got my 2 Isles third jerseys back to me in a little under 2 weeks.  Though, when I go, I usually pay in cash, up-front. I dont know if that speeds things up. 

Do you know if Stitches NY still does the on-ice jerseys for NYI?

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

I had spoken to Keener’s mom around Christmas 

You dog!! ;) 

2 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

Stitches got my 2 Isles third jerseys back to me in a little under 2 weeks.  Though, when I go, I usually pay in cash, up-front. I dont know if that speeds things up. 

They’ve generally been that fast lately. I sent a Rbk 2.0 navy blue isles to them a few weeks ago and got it back in exactly one week. 

Maybe a lull in production between heavy islanders and Mets team orders?  

(Or maybe I sent them like 10 jerseys in the past year and they want to keep me sending more!)

On 3/1/2019 at 7:27 AM, Zeshy25 said:

Their number of NHL teams has increased since then. I don't see why they wouldn't be just as busy, if not moreso.

3 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Their number of NHL teams has increased since then. I don't see why they wouldn't be just as busy, if not moreso.

Yep, that's my feeling.

Guess I have to pay full price............

Does anyone have a rec for accurate NFL customization? I know EPS can only do retailers and NFL on-field orders. I have a 1994 Wilson 49ers blank that I wanna get done.

Maybe. Which one is it? The regular style or the throwback? Any nameplate material required? Who do you want on it? Baby Fark McGee-zax?