Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

mfitz804

Jason said they got my jerseys today but I’m not sure how payment works because I’ve never sent anything to Keener before.  Do they invoice me before they actually start or after the jerseys are finished?

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what they're doing right now. I actually got an email two days ago to ask about one jersey needing an A that I did not mention. I acknowledged they may be busy, so no worries about no response to my two emails about that already lol. It's good they're on the ball to reach out, and I was asked for a reply so they could get work started. I assumed an invoice was coming more or less right away after replying, because they typically need payment prior to doing the work... but here we are two days later and no invoice. So I dunno.

Edited by Van67

53 minutes ago, furiousd said:

You *should* get an email soon. Their invoices say pay before work begins, but I don't get the impression that they enforce that.

I usually just pay their PayPal address, but a couple times I've called and paid with my credit card. Both work.

Ok, cool, thanks for the info.  I had asked Jason how payment worked but I didn’t get a response.  I’m just glad they got my jerseys so quickly.  Now I wait and see how much I’m going to get charged for shipping on 20 jerseys...

1 hour ago, Van67 said:

I don't know what they're doing right now. I actually got an email two days ago to ask about one jersey needing an A that I did not mention. I acknowledged they may be busy, so no worries about no response to my two emails about that already lol. It's good they're on the ball to reach out, and I was asked for a reply so they could get work started. I assumed an invoice was coming more or less right away after replying, because they typically need payment prior to doing the work... but here we are two days later and no invoice. So I dunno.

Every customizing job I’ve ever done with Keener they haven’t requested payment until it was completed. EPS always asked form prepayment and Keener was the opposite....

5 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Every customizing job I’ve ever done with Keener they haven’t requested payment until it was completed. EPS always asked form prepayment and Keener was the opposite....

EPS has always sent me an invoice after they did the job.

50 minutes ago, KB67 said:

You must be on the preferred customer list with Keener, they always send me an invoice first.  EPS just the opposite. 

Just FYI for Keener orders, I sent my last one in July 26 and got it back Sept 10 so pretty well 6 weeks turnaround currently.

3 hours ago, KB67 said:

That's odd. EPS has always been when the work was done for me. Keener before work.

9 hours ago, KB67 said:

6 hours ago, Van67 said:

That's odd. EPS has always been when the work was done for me. Keener before work.

EPS has never required prepayment and I’ve done dozens of jerseys there. I’ve never heard of anyone saying otherwise until right now. 

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

EPS has never required prepayment and I’ve done dozens of jerseys there. I’ve never heard of anyone saying otherwise until right now. 

Same here. Keener is the only customizer who has billed me before doing any work. Admittedly, I've only sent one order his way so my sample size is small, but I've worked with SLC, Arena Wear, Pro Knitwear and Bobcat on one order each and multiple times with EPS and CSL. Every single one of them has billed me after the work has been completed.

So  often it takes a long time before you get your stuff back...... was told here that 3 months at EPS is perfectly normal,  .....but has any customizer  ever lost any of your jerseys?

I mean, if they have so many jerseys laying around, could't  some of them easily  be misplaced/lost

Edited by tomtucker

36 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

So  often it takes a long time before you get your stuff back...... was told here that 3 months at EPS is perfectly normal,  .....but has any customizer  ever lost any of your jerseys?

I mean, if they have so many jerseys laying around, could't  some of them easily  be misplaced/lost

Not to my knowledge. There have been some that got significantly delayed and I’ve been curious if maybe they fell through the cracks for a little while. 

1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

Greg (@Flyers845) Had jerseys lost at two different places.  Ruberti's claimed someone stole a bunch of jerseys from them (his included).  And Philly Express just plain lost one (or perhaps it was taken from the Skate Zone, we'll never know).  The Skate Zone sends jerseys to PX for customization, and then when they come back they just stick them on a rack behind the counter.  Very easy for a customer or employee to just grab them.

5 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Greg (@Flyers845) Had jerseys lost at two different places.  Ruberti's claimed someone stole a bunch of jerseys from them (his included).  And Philly Express just plain lost one (or perhaps it was taken from the Skate Zone, we'll never know).  The Skate Zone sends jerseys to PX for customization, and then when they come back they just stick them on a rack behind the counter.  Very easy for a customer or employee to just grab them.

well fu*k !! ..... 😲  where and what is this skate zone place?

Edited by tomtucker

My "last" order at EPS was invoiced today, exactly 8 weeks to the day. 

It's my "last" order in that they don't have any more of my stuff at the present moment. That will likely change in the next couple of days. 

3 hours ago, tomtucker said:

well fu*k !! ..... 😲  where and what is this skate zone place?

It’s a chain of ice rinks and pro shops around the area. The Flyers’ practice in the one in Voorhees, NJ. But they have other ones where local school and travel leagues play.

Anyway, the pro shop will send jerseys to Philly Express (the on-ice customizer of the Flyers, Devils, and others) on your behalf. This is the only way you can get PX to do work as they don’t deal directly with the public. 

45 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It’s a chain of ice rinks and pro shops around the area. The Flyers’ practice in the one in Voorhees, NJ. But they have other ones where local school and travel leagues play.

Anyway, the pro shop will send jerseys to Philly Express (the on-ice customizer of the Flyers, Devils, and others) on your behalf. This is the only way you can get PX to do work as they don’t deal directly with the public. 

i see, thanks...... and then they get the jersey back and just hang it on a rack, waiting for you to come get it? 

6 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

i see, thanks...... and then they get the jersey back and just hang it on a rack, waiting for you to come get it? 

Yep, basically. I’ve only had them do one for me. They didn’t even call me when it was done.  I had to call them to ask. The guy was like, “oh yeah, it’s right here”. Who knows how long it was sitting there. 

Edited by jsh139

9 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

My "last" order at EPS was invoiced today, exactly 8 weeks to the day. 

It's my "last" order in that they don't have any more of my stuff at the present moment. That will likely change in the next couple of days. 

No fair, I've had an order in since June 10, I guess about 14 weeks.  Just 2 nameplates too. 

Is it worth reaching out to them or would you consider it too soon, give it a month or so yet sorta thing?  Or just let it run it's course and don't be so paranoid??😂

13 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

No fair, I've had an order in since June 10, I guess about 14 weeks.  Just 2 nameplates too. 

I put in an order for two nameplates at the end of July. Heard nothing yet. I did send an email the other day to inquire about them, but no response. I thought I got the order in early enough to avoid the start-of-season madness. Apparently not.

2 minutes ago, Van67 said:

I put in an order for two nameplates at the end of July. Heard nothing yet. I did send an email the other day to inquire about them, but no response. I thought I got the order in early enough to avoid the start-of-season madness. Apparently not.

Ok, thanks... I should maybe send an email.  My 2 nameplates were kinda one offs but Josh gave me a confident, "if we don't have it we'll make it" reply.  Sorta like Kyle Dubas with his, "we can and we will."

I saw Fitz's reply, and I thought that my 3 jerseys sent 7 weeks ago might come up fairly soon.  Now, based on the experience of Van67 and JJM4, who the f--- knows. I guess I just sit and wait.  As always, YMMV.

Edited by LetsGoCaps
Clarity

They don’t do nameplate orders any faster than jerseys in my experience, though others have said it’s shorter. 

I’d shoot them an email at this point, but the answer will likely just be “they aren’t done” and maybe, if you’re lucky, they’ll give you an idea of the time period.