Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

mfitz804

1 hour ago, Pavy Fan said:

AN UPDATE:

Still haven't received my jerseys sadly as they are not replying to my various emails guess I'm too nice , I'm out $250 dont really know what steps I should take now with them

Might be a dumb question, but have you called them? Circumstances aside, this is inexcusable for them to keep your stuff. Wasn't someone else around here in a similar situation with Custom Crafted? 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, perthisthereason said:

Might be a dumb question, but have you called them? Circumstances aside, this is inexcusable for them to keep your stuff. Wasn't someone else around here in a similar situation with Custom Crafted? 

Yeah all I get is answering  machine. I have done business with them for couple years  .Wait has usually gotten longer as orders gone by but I gotten my stuff and usually reply I usually give these companies 3 Months wait because i know it takes awhile to customize but they have had my stuff since Aug Sept time period 

• 1 month later...

I got a message from Keener saying they'll be shutting down shortly so don't send anything in.  I think he's been away taking a break from the grind even before this Covid stuff came up, but obviously now they'll be at a standstill for a while.

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Did Keener ever start back up again? They had said March originally but I never saw anything that said they had. 

I don't think they did.  My guess is he got through all collector orders through the winter and took some time away more recently.   I know they did a podcast recently but I never listened to it so maybe they mentioned something in there?

Edited by JJM4

• 3 weeks later...

Also said he doesn't like when people send details/instruction, which I found funny considering the only time I've sent him something, he goofed one of the jerseys.

1 minute ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Also said he doesn't like when people send details/instruction, which I found funny considering the only time I've sent him something, he goofed one of the jerseys.

I’d never use them if that’s the case. 

5 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Really? That was one of their major pluses, that you could send them details and they would actually follow them.

Yeah I was caught off guard by it. 

not word for word, but says he doesn’t appreciate it and that he already has all the necessary information to customize stuff correctly. 

I would never send my stuff out unless it was to a team customizer without having some sort of comfort over the job they were going to do. 

57 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Me too. The last box I got back from Keener had two jerseys with namebars that are out somewhere else as we speak being fixed. Prior to that, I sent an Expos jersey pointing out a detail on the letter fonts because I had a feeling that if I didn't, it would be overlooked. Sure enough, that detail got missed and I sent it back for correction.

I don't send any of my jerseys anywhere for customization without specifying exactly what I want done, with the exception of the team's customizer, to whom I can say "same as game jerseys" and it's fine. I don't care if my instructions for others seem obsessive to anyone. Not only is it about wanting the job done right, but if there is a mistake made, it won't be because I overlooked a detail. If for some reason I do miss something and s*** happens, then it's on me to pay to have it fixed.

I don't want to sound like I'm ragging on Keener. They've done a good job for me generally speaking. That said, since they've grown in the last year or two, the communication isn't close to what it used to be and sadly, the quality and attention to detail has declined as well, at least in my experience.

Edited by Van67

38 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Me too. The last box I got back from Keener had two jerseys with namebars that are out somewhere else as we speak being fixed. Prior to that, I sent an Expos jersey pointing out a detail on the letter fonts because I had a feeling that if I didn't, it would be overlooked. Sure enough, that detail got missed and I sent it back for correction.

I don't send any of my jerseys anywhere for customization without specifying exactly what I want done, with the exception of the team's customizer, to whom I can say "same as game jerseys" and it's fine. I don't care if my instructions for others seem obsessive to anyone. Not only is it about wanting the job done right, but if there is a mistake made, it won't be because I overlooked a detail. If for some reason I do miss something and s*** happens, then it's on me to pay to have it fixed.

I don't want to sound like I'm ragging on Keener. They've done a good job for me generally speaking. That said, since they've grown in the last year or two, the communication isn't close to what it used to be and sadly, the quality and attention to detail has declined as well, at least in my experience.

Which is fair given how they have grown and it's a lot more profitable to do mass custom jobs and not deal with our niche market. But don't act like you don't need references because you know everything if you're going to get stuff wrong and can still cater to the collectors.

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

would never send my stuff out unless it was to a team customizer without having some sort of comfort over the job they were going to do. 

I even do that with the team’s customizer. I think there have been multiple stories of official customizers using incorrect or different materials on fan orders than they do for the team. 

So my practice is if it’s important to you, you should tell the customizer what you want. 

I've certainly never meant to imply by sending pics that the customizer doesn't know their stuff. If I thought that, they wouldn't get my business in the first place. With how many variations a kit can have over a player's tenure, I've always thought it more being considerate of their time to say "hey, do this variation."

38 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I've certainly never meant to imply by sending pics that the customizer doesn't know their stuff. If I thought that, they wouldn't get my business in the first place. With how many variations a kit can have over a player's tenure, I've always thought it more being considerate of their time to say "hey, do this variation."

Was it the Hawks or Blues (or both) whose customizer was not providing Edge nameplates unless you asked?

14 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

That has me saddened,  I have been wanting to send a jersey or two to them and have specifics set for the jerseys, I rather not send it if they are not willing or not a fan of how I want my jersey to be. 

At first he said don’t send instructions but then later on he said sending a picture and a short description was ok. Like, this player, this year, kiss cut numbers. What he said he wanted to avoid was three pages of information that they already know. 

He also said if you want something different then what was typically done in a certain year, to obviously mention it. 

Which is fair that they don't want to be bombarded with information. 

I think us including what we do is more for our own sanity, but it still gives comfort knowing we are including exact specifications (i.e. nameplate material, layered vs. kit, reference shots). My example for the Leafs is how closely he cuts the nameplates to the letters. He goes right up against the letters although the Leafs in reality leave a healthy amount of space on each side. Unless someone points that out, he's just going to continue to do it in the incorrect manner (or for me just ignore altogether).

I guess it is just more he annoyed me his attitude was that he doesn't need the help, even tho I know myself and others have received stuff from him with errors. It reminded me of something Josh at EPS would say.

Edited by Phil the Thrill

On 4/17/2020 at 8:53 AM, Phil the Thrill said:

It reminded me of something Josh at EPS would say.

From everything I've heard, I seem to be one of the lucky ones. Not only have I never had a customer service issue with EPS (the single time they made a mistake on one of my orders, they fixed it at no cost to me other than paying to ship the jersey back to them) but I also got my order back from Bobcat in a reasonable timeframe.

23 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

From everything I've heard, I seem to be one of the lucky ones. Not only have I never had a customer service issue with EPS (the single time they made a mistake on one of my orders, they fixed it at no cost to me other than paying to ship the jersey back to them) but I also got my order back from Bobcat in a reasonable timeframe.

Sorry, to clarify - I’ve never personally had an issue with EPS. More so meant Josh isn’t the world’s friendliest person. 

38 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Sorry, to clarify - I’ve never personally had an issue with EPS. More so meant Josh isn’t the world’s friendliest person. 

Same, and same. 

I mean, overall, you used to know what you were going to get with each.

EPS - Obviously terrific quality and perfect for teams they do on ice for/unique nameplates/numbers. However they have their methods and are sticking to those, whether if it's how all teams actually do (i.e. back in the EDGE days when the Flyers didn't use EDGE material for their nameplates or him calling the Predators old customizer's work as being a "high school art project"). As long as you don't question this, you are fine.

Keener - Guy advertised himself as a collector as well and listening to his customers to replicate exactly what is done on ice (deviates from standards if you ask). I just feel like he's moved away from this by limiting customer instructions, but that's my POV. Like I get it from a business perspective, but it's just more of an EPS approach.Others may disagree.

EPS also uses the “official” spec sheet for each team, even if that team’s customizer does them slightly off spec. 

At least that is what Josh has insinuated.