Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

mfitz804

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, I was told that as well... but I gave him Canucks namepate specs for letter size and he did them no questions asked. I will also echo the slight lack of friendliness lol. I asked him about sewing a nameplate in a certain stitching style (lack of a better term)... I think it was IIHF swift that at least looking from the inside, are not zig-zag stitched.. Josh told me they'll do it how they do it and that was that.

9 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

He's definitely not a people person for sure.

He's quirky. I have had really nice conversations with him, and I have had him seem like he's annoyed that I am even sending them business. Ultimately I think he's a good guy, but yeah, quirky lol.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

He's quirky. I have had really nice conversations with him, and I have had him seem like he's annoyed that I am even sending them business. Ultimately I think he's a good guy, but yeah, quirky lol.

Agreed. I've only sent EPS business a few times and at first I thought Josh was rude.  But the past couple times I've sent stuff and asked questions, the guy has been really nice so I've got a better opinion of EPS than I had originally.  I'll use them a fair bit now with Keener's business changing.  It's always great work and it's Canada friendly... I never get duty fees they always list a low value on items to help a guy out.

The point remains - if it is something more current/readily available and you know who the team customizer is, send it there. Don't let a couple of bucks sway your decision. Get it done right by the source.

Does anyone know if Denver Athletic will still do the older Avs jerseys as they did before EPS took over?

1 hour ago, 1290ArtVandelay5274 said:

Does anyone know if Denver Athletic will still do the older Avs jerseys as they did before EPS took over?

I asked them about a year ago and they said they do not and referred me to Altitude Authentics. 

3 hours ago, 1290ArtVandelay5274 said:

I think Cutting Edge Sports is back to doing the Avs now. You can give them a call. 

13 hours ago, 1290ArtVandelay5274 said:

No, they won't.

10 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

I think Cutting Edge Sports is back to doing the Avs now. You can give them a call. 

Yes, that's correct. Cutting Edge started doing the Avs this year. TBH, given what I've heard about Cutting Edge, I wouldn't trust them to do anything other than current Avs jerseys.

I know CES gets ragged on a lot, but I used them once last year for a NE jersey (they do the team) and a Caps 90's Capitol building alt since they had the correct bronze material. Was satisfied with pricing, turnaround, and communication. No reason I wouldn't use them again if I needed to.

I've used Cutting Edge twice now for Islanders wave jerseys. Haven't had an issue as far as customer service goes. I do wish however that their stitching quality would at least get close to most other customizers. I've seen a few closeup pics of Avs gamers done by Cutting Edge...and yeah, the stitching quality is Cutting Edge lol.

I sent stuff to Cutting Edge in early January and haven't gotten it back yet. Obviously with the close-down + Avs Stadium Series / specialty sets, my stuff was pushed to the side. Usually they are a 2-3 week wait.

5 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

I sent stuff to Cutting Edge in early January and haven't gotten it back yet. Obviously with the close-down + Avs Stadium Series / specialty sets, my stuff was pushed to the side. Usually they are a 2-3 week wait.

I'm assuming they are still closed down now, right? 

I guess that depends when they re-open. Might be in time for the NHL playoffs, if that happens, or camp in September...

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Much like this site, it appears that EPS is back open for business. 

Where did you get that info?

Nothing on their website or facebook page indicating that.

I hope you're right.

1 hour ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Where did you get that info?

Nothing on their website or facebook page indicating that.

I hope you're right.

Heard it from our resident TWSS fanatic 😉

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Then it's "That's What He Said".

Thanks.

On 5/24/2020 at 11:13 AM, jsh139 said:

Much like this site, it appears that EPS is back open for business. 

What do we think is a realistic return if sent in now, Christmas?

On 5/24/2020 at 5:56 PM, jsh139 said:

I received an order back from them last week. 

That was about 16 weeks, but that includes whatever period they were shut down. Unless of course, it was done and they just didn’t send it out before they closed, but that would’ve been too fast. 

I would expect an order placed now would be done around late October.

Of course, they’ll have to do team orders too, which slows things down for them. If the season is delayed, so too may be their team orders.

One thing remains true with EPS, and that is always to send your stuff in ASAP, that’s always your best chance of getting it back sooner rather than later. 

I plan on sending a 6100 Isles (and a Padres) to EPS tomorrow. Still haven't gotten anything back from Cutting Edge (since January). Cutting Edge says they arent opening up until late June/early July.

Has anyone ever had a 6100 Isles done by EPS? If so, would you be willing to share a few pics?