Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

mfitz804

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

@LAK74 you’re the first person I’ve heard that has used their US shipping address. How many jerseys did you send them? And the $15 charge was on the whole order, right? Not per jersey...

41 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I sent 3 jerseys.  It better be $15 for the whole order, but I haven’t got the invoice yet.  As far as I know, a shipping charge per jersey only applies to the shipment from Canada back to you in the US.

I’m not understanding what the $15 is for. Is it a surcharge for using the US address?

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I guess it's brokerage house they use for making sure stuff gets across the border correctly.

Then I’m not quite sure how it could be $15 per order regardless of size. 

I think it’s a little high, honestly. If they shipped back from that address it would be well worth it. Pretty sure it’s $25 plus $3 for each additional jersey. Shipping from the US would be much cheaper. 

The Baron apparently just comes across the border and ships to US address from a US Post Office.  Where is Truman located?

18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Then I guess the fact that I don’t understand is warranted. 

I guess that’s just how much the freight forwarding service charges them. Maybe it’s just $15 per parcel. I dunno. 

6 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

So what’s the exact process for having a jersey done by Philly Express? I just picked up a Flyers TI. 

Since you’re not local, you’ll need to mail it into one of the Flyers Gear Zone stores and they fwd it to PX. The gear zones are located inside the Skate Zone rinks. Ask Dan @dsl135 on here or on the Flyers GW group on FB. He can tell you the whole process. 

How long does EPS usually take to invoice for just a loose kit? At over a week now and didn’t think it would take very long...

1 hour ago, TheBZ said:

How long does EPS usually take to invoice for just a loose kit? At over a week now and didn’t think it would take very long...

They usually still tell you 4-6 weeks, depending on the time of year. I’m waiting on 2 kits and an authentic Michigan they’re stripping and recustomizing for me, and the said 4-6 weeks as well for that.

I haven’t actually bought a loose kit, since they basically charge the same amount and quote it at the same amount of time. Why not just let them do the job?

Of course, they could do it faster than they say...

Speaking of EPS, I wonder what their ETA on the spring sale stuff will be. I think its only been six weeks, so I am expecting like September on my six baseball. Just wondering if anyone has seen an invoice yet.

I wouldn't hold my breath.  Although most of my experience is with random minor league hockey (real slow) and Capitals stuff (pretty fast).  I sent in 10 hockey jerseys with the sale and I'm just hoping to get it by the start of the 2019-20 hockey season.

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Speaking of EPS, I wonder what their ETA on the spring sale stuff will be. I think its only been six weeks, so I am expecting like September on my six baseball. Just wondering if anyone has seen an invoice yet.

I sent one Hawks and had it back in six weeks.*

* Results not typical

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I haven’t actually bought a loose kit, since they basically charge the same amount and quote it at the same amount of time. Why not just let them do the job?

Well stupid me assumed they could mail a kit in a week or so. So I’d rather have done that than have a jersey sit for months. But if it still takes months just to get a kit then I guess I’m SOL. 

5 hours ago, TheBZ said:

Well stupid me assumed they could mail a kit in a week or so. So I’d rather have done that than have a jersey sit for months. But if it still takes months just to get a kit then I guess I’m SOL. 

Unfortunately, I don’t believe it works that way. 

8 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

I sent mine in on the last possible day. 5 weeks thus far and no invoice. 

EPS says they only do a sale when their business slows down. So I assume the influx of jerseys from people looking for discounts makes the wait time the same as before the sale. 

I sent mine in knowing full well I wasn’t going to be able to wear them until the fall, regardless of when they come back, so I’m fine with it. 

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:41 PM, Ggirth55 said:

I am hoping someone may have some advice for me.  I sent 2 jerseys to Custom Crafted back in mid April. I chose custom crafted because they are the only ones that can replace the Blues crest I needed done. I noticed a week after they received the jerseys that they still had not deposited the check I sent.  I called to make sure there was not a problem with the order.  He assured me that there wasn’t and that they would get to them soon. 4 weeks later the check still has not been deposited.  I called and left a message but got no response.  I called a few days later and finally someone picked up. They told me they were extremely busy and that it would be another 4 weeks.  I explained that I was hoping to have these by the time the finals started, that is why I sent them when I did.  The guy lost it on me and started yelling.  I apologized and said I understand you are busy, I am just surprised they haven’t even started on them.  The guy then complained about me calling too much (I have talked to this guy now 2 times in 4 weeks.  Once just to make sure he got the jerseys and the check amount was correct).  I told him that I have only spoken to him twice and he cut me off and said he doesn’t like my attitude and is gonna send my jerseys back then hung up.  

I work in sales, I was very diplomatic and also apologized as soon as this guy started to get unhinged.  I am nervous that these jerseys will not get returned as I have read a similar story to mine and the guy said he never got his jerseys back.  Anyone have any experience with CC?  Should I expect the jerseys back?

So what ever happened with this?
Did you get your jerseys back?
Any response from them?  

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I like ordering kits over sending the jerseys in because the times Ive ordered only kits, the order has come in much quicker and I was able to bring it somewhere else to get sewn onto the jersey for cheaper than it would have been to pay for shipping both ways. 

5 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

I like ordering kits over sending the jerseys in because the times Ive ordered only kits, the order has come in much quicker and I was able to bring it somewhere else to get sewn onto the jersey for cheaper than it would have been to pay for shipping both ways. 

From EPS? The one time I requested a loose kit, they quoted me $65, which is the same price they charge for the full job. 

I didn’t go through with it, but for an extra $10 to ship the jersey, I can’t see why I would have. 

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

From EPS? The one time I requested a loose kit, they quoted me $65, which is the same price they charge for the full job. 

I didn’t go through with it, but for an extra $10 to ship the jersey, I can’t see why I would have. 

I think the last time I ordered the kits, Josh told me it was $10 cheaper to do the kit. Then again, this was also 2+ years ago.  

Also, I dont like that they charge to sew patches down, so you're adding an extra $6.50 per patch. 

Hey, does anyone know who did the customization for the U.S. 2016 WCOH jerseys? EPS? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

Hey, does anyone know who did the customization for the U.S. 2016 WCOH jerseys? EPS? Thanks.

It was probably EPS since they've done the US jerseys for a long time. 

I doubt very much that it was EPS.  On retail USA WCOH jerseys, they got the perforated grid patterns wrong on the numbers.  No reason to do them differently from the on-ice ones if they had been the official team customizer.

4 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I doubt very much that it was EPS.  On retail USA WCOH jerseys, they got the perforated grid patterns wrong on the numbers.  No reason to do them differently from the on-ice ones if they had been the official team customizer.

I don’t know that the official customizer of the on-ice jerseys does the retail jerseys, I would assume those are done in the factory. They don’t take ALL the retail jerseys and then ask EPS to customize thousands of jerseys. Am I wrong?