Sign in to follow this  
KB67

IIHF World Juniors Jerseys

Hey, 

Just watching this Czech/Swiss Game in 4K, and when you see the close up of the jerseys, they look like a mesh material instead of the Swift material. Is it just Canada that uses the Swift material, or has the IiHF Nike Jerseys changed material again?

IIHF Jersey

Only for the Mens group do ALL teams use actual swift material. This wasnt always the case and I never really could pinpoint when this started  but ive seen it before. I think the U18 teams is the same situation.

This could also be a case where Nike for whatever reason couldnt get the swift jerseys ready in time so they went with the traditional cut. 

I'm fairly certain (but could be wrong) that at the U20 top tournament, it's only ever Canada who has actual swift jerseys. I have a Sweden game worn from the 2011 tournament that is not swift either. 

Edited by Van67

3 hours ago, IIHFjerseycollector said:

Only for the Mens group do ALL teams use actual swift material. This wasnt always the case and I never really could pinpoint when this started  but ive seen it before. I think the U18 teams is the same situation.

This could also be a case where Nike for whatever reason couldnt get the swift jerseys ready in time so they went with the traditional cut. 

It seems as though all the teams are using these mesh air knit type material, and just Canada and maybe the USA are using the Swift? Seems weird....you’d think they would all be using the same style.....

On 12/26/2018 at 5:07 PM, IIHFjerseycollector said:

Watching the USA 🇺🇸 game tonight, it looks as though they’re wearing the mesh type jerseys as well, so I guess it’s onky Canada wearing the Swift Jerseys this year......

That stuff is flo-knit.  SP has been making Nikes jerseys since the late 90’s when some nhl teams were using them.  I don’t think SP does the swift jerseys for them but if it’s Nike and not a swift jersey than it’s flo-knit 

Yup, looks like flo-knit to me. The horizontal lines give it away. 

Whoa whoa whoa...is that Anthony up there???? Talk about a blast from the past! It's good to know you're still around homey!

As to the question at hand, Hockey Canada is the only one under contract for Nike Swift within the junior tournament for some reason. It's been like that for years now. Every other team uses the nice Nike air-knit for that tourney but not Canada. You dorks up north just HAVE to be different, don't you?

5 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Whoa whoa whoa...is that Anthony up there???? Talk about a blast from the past! It's good to know you're still around homey!

As to the question at hand, Hockey Canada is the only one under contract for Nike Swift within the junior tournament for some reason. It's been like that for years now. Every other team uses the nice Nike air-knit for that tourney but not Canada. You dorks up north just HAVE to be different, don't you?

Yes, and apparently we’re no good at hockey anymore......

Why? What happened?

GettyImages-1076567236.jpg

Canada had that result coming to them wearing black as their home colour.  Black?!! WTF.  There is NO black on the flag, I don't get it.  Last 2 Olympics with NHLers involved we won in Red and White.  Stick to it, why go black even if it does go well with red.

On 1/2/2019 at 3:27 PM, Brilliant! said:

The other teams from the tournament were from real countries.