Is this the Blackhawks’ new collar redesign?

mdwsta4

Obviously by now everyone knows the Blackhawks are slated for a jersey redesign for the 19-20 season but it’s expected to only be a collar change. Came across this image of a Fanatics jersey which is in line with the design Adidas uses on other teams. Still not as good as the Hawks’ older collars, but in the adidas era I guess this is an upgrade. No longer looks like a school girl’s dress. 

Anyone else seen seen something similar? 

2v2Eat4FDx1YqB.jpg[/img]

5 hours ago, vadarx said:

I hope not.... 

How else would you prefer they do it? Only other option I could see is getting rid of the two tone color all together and basically having a thin white trim on the home and black trim on the road jersey. I think the above image is a good compromise. Still don’t prefer it to any other generation of jersey collars from the past, but it’s better than what they have today 

40 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

How else would you prefer they do it? Only other option I could see is getting rid of the two tone color all together and basically having a thin white trim on the home and black trim on the road jersey. I think the above image is a good compromise. Still don’t prefer it to any other generation of jersey collars from the past, but it’s better than what they have today 

I think that’s exactly how I would do it. Or use a thin black and thin white layer, just like on the old ones. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I think that’s exactly how I would do it. Or use a thin black and thin white layer, just like on the old ones. 

The problem is the collar design doesn't allow for two thin layers. You have the thin stripe and then you have the thick part. I can't see Adidas redesigning the overall collar design this quickly. Would be a shame to get rid of the two tone collar they've used for decades, but I suppose it could be worse. They could get a redesign like the Devils

3 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

The problem is the collar design doesn't allow for two thin layers. You have the thin stripe and then you have the thick part. I can't see Adidas redesigning the overall collar design this quickly. Would be a shame to get rid of the two tone collar they've used for decades, but I suppose it could be worse. They could get a redesign like the Devils

Well, our collar is better...

I said this when the original jerseys were released, but I think having the NHL shield patch be the same color as the collar would make them look instantly better