When did teams start switching from 1.0s to 2.0s?

I know this is going to be a tough question to answer because all teams may not have switched over around the same time but generally, when did most teams move from 1.0s to 2.0s?  I know there are some exceptions like the Oilers but I’ve heard it thrown around here that a lot of teams changed as early as half-way through the 2007-2008 season.  It’s so hard to tell from pictures online because it’s not easy to get a good close-up of the material especially if the jersey color is dark.

Speaking of the Oilers, can anyone confirm how many seasons they used the 1.0s?  I wanted to do a Taylor Hall rookie jersey but I can’t tell from some of his gamer photos if they changed before or after he got into the League.  I already own a blank Home 1.0 that I could use.

Edited by shilenj

Oilers didn’t switch to 2.0’s until 2012/13, so Hall’s rookie jerseys would have been 1.0’s.

On 1/21/2019 at 8:59 PM, LAK74 said:

Oilers didn’t switch to 2.0’s until 2012/13, so Hall’s rookie jerseys would have been 1.0’s.

How about the Ducks?  I’d like to do an accurate Bobby Ryan Home rookie but he didn’t wear that jersey until December 16th, 2007 to my knowledge.  Did any teams switch over that soon?

I’m not positive about this, but it seems to me that the Ducks switched over to 2.0’s somewhat later in the 07/08 season compared to most other teams, probably as late as their 4th set.  So I would think that it’s pretty safe to say that in December they were still using their 1.0 sets.