mdwsta4

Capitals black alt customization?

5 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Well if CES can’t do it I’ll be sure to send it your way. You’ll be a pro by the time you’re done with those two 😉

I wouldn't go that far lol.

I’m 99% sure that EPS is your only option.  I was told that they bought all the bronze fabric that’s used to customize those jerseys.  As far as accuracy, I’m not sure anyone today can get it 100% accurate even if they had the material but if you send EPS a bunch of pictures, I’m sure they can get it pretty close.

I had Keener do one of those for me a few months back and he told me that he didn't have any of the ribbed bronze stuff. I said I didn't care. His lettering was great all the same.

2v2E94vLGx2YANR.jpg

But I do agree with the majority here that the pre-2000 CCM version with the one-piece name is fantastic. It's very 1980's Washington Bullets-esque.

18 hours ago, CYI3ERPUNK said:

I was told that they bought all the bronze fabric that’s used to customize those jerseys.

Yep, that's what I heard as well.

20 hours ago, CYI3ERPUNK said:

I’m 99% sure that EPS is your only option.  I was told that they bought all the bronze fabric that’s used to customize those jerseys.  As far as accuracy, I’m not sure anyone today can get it 100% accurate even if they had the material but if you send EPS a bunch of pictures, I’m sure they can get it pretty close.

So both EPS and CES replied to me saying they could do it and I included the photo of a GW. I'll have to ask if they have that correct bronze material. What's the difference between these?

How can I confirm which one will do it better? Never run into this problem before. 

Edited by mdwsta4

On 1/24/2019 at 2:26 PM, guam64 said:

The answer would be yes. Don't believe Bondra was an alternative captain before 2000.

👍

So EPS cannot do the jersey correctly, but does have the correct bronze material? What are the differences in bronze?  

Heres PB with the jersey I’m looking to have done up with the A 

68412_0.jpg[/img]

Basically the bronze material isn’t twill, it’s the same material that’s in the sleeve stripes and the stripe at the bottom the jersey. Whereas if a customiser doesn’t have said bronze material you would just get bronze twill.

34 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

So EPS cannot do the jersey correctly, but does have the correct bronze material? What are the differences in bronze?  

Heres PB with the jersey I’m looking to have done up with the A

EPS did mine in the picture a year or two ago so as long as they still have the material you should be good to go. As mentioned above the proper customization used the same bronze dazzle material as the jersey instead of bronze twill.

I remember seeing a Bondra gamer that didn't have the "A" on it. Hadn't seen that card before. Now I need to get an "A" for my jersey. :lol:

So is that blue layer kiss-cut over the bronze material on top of the white layer?  That is a cool customization - I might need to get one of those to go with my Blue Stanley Cup Final Adam Oates jersey.

10 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

So is that blue layer kiss-cut over the bronze material on top of the white layer?  That is a cool customization - I might need to get one of those to go with my Blue Stanley Cup Final Adam Oates jersey.

IIRC they were semi kiss-cut. Blue over white over bronze.

That's interesting because the white layer is so thick, figured it was be on the the bottom.

And before mfitz804 can say it...That's what she said!

1 hour ago, guam64 said:

EPS did mine in the picture a year or two ago so as long as they still have the material you should be good to go. As mentioned above the proper customization used the same bronze dazzle material as the jersey instead of bronze twill.

Ah, gotcha. Did they get the nameplate correct? Have a photo? I couldn’t find it when using the search. 

7 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Ah, gotcha. Did they get the nameplate correct? Have a photo? I couldn’t find it when using the search. 

3681189_orig.jpg

Thank you. I can definitely see the differences, but it’s not terrible. Surprised they put it on a nameplate. Couldn’t tell from the gamer photo but I guess I thought it was sewn straight on the jersey.

So it seems like my choices are get the proper bronze from EPS or get the proper name font from CES? 

Almost all the gamers I have seen have nameplates.

Comes down to how exact do you want to be. If the font differences bother you more than the material differences, you might be able to get a proper name done with the proper material if you buy an old Jagr gamer with the bronze material and chop it up.

Edited by guam64

1 hour ago, guam64 said:

Comes down to how exact do you want to be. If the font differences bother you more than the material differences, you might be able to get a proper name done with the proper material if you buy an old Jagr gamer with the bronze material and chop it up.

That might be my favorite comment ever from you. Very subtle. 😅

2 hours ago, guam64 said:

My mistake. I was going off of low res photos. Hard to tell on a black jersey. Thanks for the clarification. 

Boom! Totally buying a gamer and going that route. Great idea 

2 hours ago, guam64 said:

Any destroyed Jagr Caps jersey is a step in the right direction.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:19 PM, furiousd said:

That might be my favorite comment ever from you. Very subtle. 😅

Upvote...that just made my morning :D