Help with Sharks Jersey Please

Evil Pirate Zamboni

Can someone please help me figure out what is going on with this jersey that I just picked up?

It seems to me that the Reebok Vector logo and the NHL shield logo shouldn't go together.  The Vector logo on this type of Sharks jersey is from the 2005 - 07 time frame, so shouldn't this jersey have the sewn on NHL shield logo?  Doesn't this NHL shield logo belong to the prior version Koho jerseys from the early 2000's?

Also, can someone please tell me if the sticker on the wash tag indicates that the jersey was made in 2002 or 2007?

Please help me reconcile the disconnect between the Vector logo and the NHL shield logo.  Is this jersey a prototype?  Did someone sew a Vector logo on a Koho jersey?  Is this a jersey foul?

The jersey seems very legit to me and it doesn't seem like it was altered at all, so I'm just trying to figure out why the logos don't match.

I appreciate any help people can offer.  Thanks!

1908811758_1SharksBack.jpg.05b5dadaf65edc3078a1a1551de8ea6b.jpg805907472_2NHLLogo.jpg.c923484af029afd7a972f7357d3b80a3.jpg1867239279_5SharksInside.jpg.40357630ab6f7ae84d3dbc739bfb8b5d.jpg1136100436_6SharksTag.jpg.a6b7793a6b74e9cb5b081a6091503db8.jpg725226030_4SharksBackNeck.jpg.68d6840807bbd71c481a65700a2a79eb.jpg

You are correct about the NHL shields. The one on this jersey is typical of Kohos, but when Reebok took over the NHL contract in 2005, they rebranded many blank CCM and Koho jerseys with the Reebok logo, since Reebok’s parent company (Adidas), also owned CCM and Koho at the time.  They apparently didn’t bother to stitch the NHL shield patch on some of these rebranded jerseys.

I would think the manufactured date is 2002; at least that’s the way it is on other stickers I’ve seen.

Thanks LAK74!

Would a re-branded jersey every have made it onto NHL ice?  I also noticed on my jersey that it doesn't have a retail tag on the inside neck line. 

These were made for the 2004-05 season that was cancelled by the lockout. Some TI stock got out during the lockout (I had a Kings one) but most were recycled for the start of 2005-06 with the new NHL shield patched over the old one.

Guest Dr_Puck

I know nothing about the Sharks jersey in question. However, I'd like to say that the OP has the best handle in recent memory and maybe the best on the entire board. 

Thanks!  The name goes back to the old Zamboni races they used to have on the scoreboard at the Shark Tank during TV timeouts about 10 years ago.  2 of the Zambonis were named after Sharks' sponsors at the time (Brodcade and Compaq if I remember).  The third Zamboni was the Evil Pirate Zamboni.  I had always wanted to use that name for a fantasy team or something so, when I signed up for the forum, I got my chance to use it.