Favourite Kits

JJM4

I hope this thread will get a little participation cuz I'd love to see some cool kits that maybe I missed in the arrivals thread.  I mean it can be gamers or whatever you have that you really like.

It's as stated, what is your favourite kit on a jersey you own?  It can be for any reason... the look of it, the materials, the quality, the stitching.   Really any reason you can give for why you favour it.  I'd love to see what some other collectors have out there.

My collection is around 50 jerseys and is pretty focused, but the more I collect the more I dig the AHL IHL 90s stuff which leads me to my favourite kit.  I don't think I've posted this jersey here, since it arrived to me before I was a member here.

Ziggy Palffy 94-95 Denver/Utah Grizzlies kit.  Reason I love it is the quality of the materials used.  Yeah the look of it is pretty cool with the claw marks and shape of the numbers, but the quality of the materials used is a step up on anything I own.  Plus all layers are individually sewn to the jersey. My guess is the kit came directly from the team. The twill just seems like the most heavy duty stuff.

40117212864_78a26ce243_z.jpg

I wish I had something better to show off. Those grizzlies jerseys are awesome. None of my jerseys have interesting kits. I do like this kit on the Flyers alternates, though. Only Flyers jersey to use 3-layer twill all around. 

2005-06 Donald Brashear (Back)

That's a sharp looking Brashear!  I think the Flyers kits always look good, and I didn't realize they were/are mostly kiss cut.  The last few jerseys I've bought are kiss cut, and I'm really starting to warm up to that style of customization.  I know I've sent a couple to Keener that I thought were layered and they came back kiss cut.  Pays to know a good customizer who's on top of these things.

Edited by JJM4

10 hours ago, JJM4 said:

That's a sharp looking Brashear!  I think the Flyers kits always look good, and I didn't realize they were/are mostly kiss cut.  The last few jerseys I've bought are kiss cut, and I'm really starting to warm up to that style of customization.  I know I've sent a couple to Keener that I thought were layered and they came back kiss cut.  Pays to know a good customizer who's on top of these things.

Thanks!  They actually were never kiss cut until last season.  When they switched to Adidas they went kiss cut.  Always layered before then.

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Thanks!  They actually were never kiss cut until last season.  When they switched to Adidas they went kiss cut.  Always layered before then.

Oh my bad, I read it as the only 3 layer customization meaning that all other kits were kiss cut, when of course it's generally just 2 layer customization with the Flyers. 

• 2 months later...