Help regarding an Oilers CCM

Jazzyxena

Hi all, I need some help, just got this 90s Oilers CCM but the logo is heat transfer vinyl? Is that normal for that era or is this some kind of knockoff. Thanks for any information. 🙂

1D08663F-0D15-41FC-B7FC-881BAD1B5462.jpeg

That is a CCM 550 replica. No knockoff.

8 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Were there 550s with vinyl crests? I thought they were all embroidered.

Definitely, especially in the early 90s. I remember having a Devils red and green with the screened on crest back in the day.

There are some things that look wrong with this jersey; it is not a standard CCM Team 550 replica.  The neck label indicates it was made around 2006, and adult 550’s from this period never had vinyl crests, they are supposed to be embroidered.  The collar is wrong; it should be wider and more pointy at the bottom.  This jersey is supposed to have shoulder patches, and I can’t see any in the picture.  And I may be wrong on this, because the picture isn’t very sharp, but the material texture doesn’t look exactly like airknit.  I would need to see a clearer closeup of the light striped area to be more sure.

I’m not saying this is counterfeit, as in a Chinese fake.  But it’s not the same as what an original period replica should be.  Some people take blank uncrested jerseys and add crests to them, whether embroidered or not.  Perhaps this is what you have here.  Can I ask where you got this jersey from?  Did you buy it from a retailer as opposed to a private party?

4 hours ago, LAK74 said:

There are some things that look wrong with this jersey; it is not a standard CCM Team 550 replica.  The neck label indicates it was made around 2006, and adult 550’s from this period never had vinyl crests, they are supposed to be embroidered.  The collar is wrong; it should be wider and more pointy at the bottom.  This jersey is supposed to have shoulder patches, and I can’t see any in the picture.  And I may be wrong on this, because the picture isn’t very sharp, but the material texture doesn’t look exactly like airknit.  I would need to see a clearer closeup of the light striped area to be more sure.

I’m not saying this is counterfeit, as in a Chinese fake.  But it’s not the same as what an original period replica should be.  Some people take blank uncrested jerseys and add crests to them, whether embroidered or not.  Perhaps this is what you have here.  Can I ask where you got this jersey from?  Did you buy it from a retailer as opposed to a private party?

Hi, thanks for the reply, I got it at a vintage clothing shop, it is definitely air knit but there are no shoulder patches.

I’m glad you posted that photo.  That’s actually not airknit; it’s a kind of larger-pore ultrafil-like knit which you don’t see on any official CCM team replicas.  That wash tag is weird-looking too.  I still think you have some sort of blank uncrested CCM jersey that someone slapped a front crest on.  I found an example of an official mid-2000’s Oilers replica, which is what yours is supposed to look like:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-90s-CCM-Edmonton-Oilers-Air-Knit-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-Mens-Medium-EUC-/401714091971

Note the embroidered crest, the thicker collar, the shoulder patches and the diagonal hole pattern of the airknit material.

Edited by LAK74