Meigray Expo 2019

Devilsguy

Figured I would create a thread since Meigray announced details of their game worn jersey expo on 7/13/19.  Sadly, no free blanks are going to be given out this year.

https://www.meigray.com/mobile/ItemDetail.aspx?inventoryid=56925

Matteau, Matteau, Matteau.

Stephane Matteau will be the Featured Guest at MeiGray’s 16th Annual Game-Worn Jersey Expo.

Twenty-five years ago, the New York Rangers’ forward scored the biggest goal in Rangers history. He and former General Manager Neil Smith, the Featured Guest at MeiGray’s second Expo in 2005, 11 years after the Rangers won the 1994 Stanley Cup, will be at Raritan Valley Community College talking about that memorable season in Rangers’ history.

Among the exhibits that will be on display will be the New York Rangers Collection of MeiGray President and Chief Operating Officer Barry Meisel, widely considered the world’s most complete NYR Game-Worn Jersey Collection.

One jersey that will not be at the show will be Craig MacTavish’s 1994 white Stanley Cup Final jersey, the jersey MacTavish was wearing in Game 7, when he took the final faceoff with 1.6 seconds left prior the Rangers’ Cup win. That jersey is on loan by Meisel to Madison Square Garden, where it has been behind glass on display outside Section 206 since 2013.

But wait until you see what will be in the house.

MeiGray’s 16th Annual Game-Worn Jersey Expo is Saturday, July 13 at the Raritan Valley Community College Conference Center in North Branch. NJ.

What: 16th Annual MeiGray Game-Worn Jersey Expo.

When: Saturday, July 13, 2019, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.

Where: Raritan Valley Community College Conference Center. Building 11. Route 28 and Lamington Road, North Branch, NJ 08876. Three minutes from MeiGray's offices in Branchburg ... 35 minutes from Newark Airport.

Featured Guests: Stephane Matteau and Neil Smith. A Celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the 1994 New York Rangers’ Stanley Cup Championship.

Special Display: The Barry Meisel NYR Collection.

Collector Registration:

Call us at 908-541-0114, or order on line by clicking this link. A registration package to the Expo is $40, which includes the following:

1. Admission to the show
  2. A free autograph from each Featured Guest
  3. A MeiGray Discount Coupon
  4. First crack at purchasing our Live Expo Grab Bag. --First Crack at our Annual Summer Sale, which will begin at our facility immediately after the show closes at 4 pm

Table Space:

* Dealer tables, $250. Please call to reserve tables ASAP.
* Collector tables, FREE, to be offered subject to availability. CONTACT STU OXENHORN ASAP TO RESERVE SPACE.

Where to Stay: Hyatt House Branchburg … 3141 US Highway 22, Branchburg, NJ 08876

Rates are $149 for Studio Suites. A limited amount of rooms are available for both July 12th and 13th.

To reserve a room, call 908-704-2191 and use reference code “G-MGRY” or click the link below:

MeiGray Expo

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to mention that I will have a table again this year full of Devils jerseys.  Please stop by my table by with your Buffalo wings, Sloppy Joe's, and your Nachos Grande in your hands.

I’m considering attending. The only question is, will I be able to maintain my composure in a room with Stephane Matteau.  I’m not entirely sure I can. 

I’ll be sure to have a holster on either hip with squirt bottles of ketchup and mustard just in case.

I could swear that when the Expo information was first posted it did say that a free blank jersey was included. It clearly does not say that now. Not a biggie, as I have a bunch that I have accumulated over the years that I have not done anything with, but still nice to get one.

1 hour ago, lhg39 said:

I could swear that when the Expo information was first posted it did say that a free blank jersey was included. It clearly does not say that now. Not a biggie, as I have a bunch that I have accumulated over the years that I have not done anything with, but still nice to get one.

A free jersey might be enough to push some people over the line between going and not going.  I’d imagine attendance will be down as a result. 

Getting the chance after 25 years to tell Matteau to go f himself...maybe. 

FWIW I did notice that about the free jersey and I asked meigray yesterday.  They confirmed no free blanks this year.

I expect that will push the attendance down this year:

I think the only way Ill attend is if there is a legitimate 50% off sale (none of this 40% off or BOGO crap).  It has been getting worse every year. 

On 4/20/2019 at 10:52 AM, NYIJM29 said:

I think the only way Ill attend is if there is a legitimate 50% off sale (none of this 40% off or BOGO crap).  It has been getting worse every year. 

I’m hoping for that, too. But, I have to imagine they’re making so much money they might not need to do a 50% off sale :( 

5 of their program teams are in the playoffs this year. $$$

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I’m hoping for that, too. But, I have to imagine they’re making so much money they might not need to do a 50% off sale :( 

5 of their program teams are in the playoffs this year. $$$

It pains me that they have Isles that are 10+ years old that are sitting there and they wont budge on price, unless they auction it off on ebay.

It seriously has gotten to the point where anything pre-edge should be 60-70% off at this point. 

Re: Playoffs: I hope they all lose in the first round, Columbus in the 2nd

Edited by NYIJM29

1 hour ago, NYIJM29 said:

It pains me that they have Isles that are 10+ years old that are sitting there and they wont budge on price, unless they auction it off on ebay.

Seriously. There are years old, number with no name, game issued jerseys from 5 years ago that will never sell at their current prices. They must make a ton of money, because they definitely have zero sense of urgency. 

I have said before that I don’t get their business model. They have 15 year old jerseys that have not sold on multiple 50% off sales. Once would think you go to 60 or 70% off some of that stuff. There is very little “gold” left of that old inventory.

3 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

I have said before that I don’t get their business model. They have 15 year old jerseys that have not sold on multiple 50% off sales. Once would think you go to 60 or 70% off some of that stuff. There is very little “gold” left of that old inventory.

That’s why the only answer is, they don’t need the money. 

14 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

A game used Justin Pogge at $1,500 USD is the perfect example of this. There's no way that ever sells.

They'd have trouble selling that at $150usd imho.

I really don't think Meigray is hurting by keeping those jerseys.  I mean didn't they sell over $100K in game used jerseys in about 36 hours for the SCF preorders?

Plus they also do the NBA program as well as auctions and from what I've seen on there commons typically START at $1K.  Couple that with their own auctions as well as consignments that never even hit the website.

They have also been selling a lot of those lower end jerseys on eBay with starting bid if $100.  They almost always sell.

43 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Meigray can't lower prices-- that would upset the grail hoarders on Facebook too much. 

That kind of seems like a really good reason to do it, actually. 

55 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Meigray can't lower prices-- that would upset the grail hoarders on Facebook too much. 

I think there is quite a bit of truth to this as well unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

No way. If Meigray lowers the prices on their jerseys on the primary market, that's going to prompt collectors in general to knock down prices on the secondary. That's going to only drive down prices for Meigray in the end. Meigray has a vested interest in keeping prices at a certain level-- which explains why they haven't done a flash sale in a while and also why only random gamers seem to go up for bidding on ebay. 

I just meant that torturing people on Facebook seems fun. 

34 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

If collectors are going to display jerseys from that Rangers cup run, it might be worth attending. 

Like some sort of a “museum”?

12 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

why would anyone want to display used toilet paper??

🐄💩 👀

To wipe up “Mount Vancouver”.