Meigray Expo 2019

Devilsguy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Packing the chicken wing sauce for me? 

Someone should set up a small portion of their table with bottles of barbecue sauce and hot sauce, as a secret homage that only IJ members will understand. 

7 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

https://www.meigray.com/UserFiles/Image/2019 Summer Sale.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3Zv20hpych9MJ3zJtMTNDfO3XM66VD1WOv_6P2TGS9a3tfFRCSCiTFHA4

Just 35 percent off MGG teams from 16-17 and earlier. This makes me feel better about paying full price for the pickup truck's worth of Devils gamers that I purchased earlier this year. 

On 8/17/2016 at 9:12 PM, Dr_Puck said:

Buying Devils jerseys is a legit problem.

1 minute ago, Dr_Puck said:

I am consistently inconsistent! And by 'pickup truck's worth' I meant one gamer. 

On 10/17/2018 at 1:26 PM, Dr_Puck said:

Yeah, commenting on how boring Devils jerseys are is something that I enjoy. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I am consistently inconsistent! And by 'pickup truck's worth' I meant one gamer. 

That’s because you waited too long to buy the one you tried to buy from me. Like I would sell it to you anyway. ;) 

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

35%? Hmm. 

I like that McDavid’s socks have their own category. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I like that McDavid’s socks have their own category. 

That’s hilarious and weird all at the same time. 

I’m on board with collecting jerseys, even helmets...but buying another guy’s socks seems wrong. Even at 50% off. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

If a pair of socks is 50 percent off, does that mean you only get one? 

No it means you can only wear one. 

The 35% vs 40% off makes the jersey I have my eye on increase in price by about $60.  That's annoying, but not earth-shattering.  I'm just kind of surprised that they're changing the sale for the worse.  Aside from the Bruins sales, I don't think that MGG had that great of a year.  (At least by looking at the millions of Flyers and Devils that are left from this year).  You'd think they'd want to sell as much as they can.

28 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

The 35% vs 40% off makes the jersey I have my eye on increase in price by about $60.  That's annoying, but not earth-shattering.  I'm just kind of surprised that they're changing the sale for the worse.  Aside from the Bruins sales, I don't think that MGG had that great of a year.  (At least by looking at the millions of Flyers and Devils that are left from this year).  You'd think they'd want to sell as much as they can.

Devils are a little skewed because this year they had a ton of specialty jerseys compared to previous ones.  Off the top of my head they had: Sweden (all auctioned), HHOF game (auctioned), Marty HHOF salute (also auctioned), and Heritage (all but four sold out of at least 36 that I can account for).  That also doesn't include the HFC and Military warmups that were also auctioned.

33 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

There are a LOT of Devils jerseys available as compared to previous years. 

I went through what was left in terms of GI jerseys I might be interested in, but after taking out the ones the sale doesn't apply to, and the ones that aren't my size, all that are left are Reebok Edge jerseys that I can still have made by purchasing a blank and sending to EPS for far less than the MeiGray price minus the discount. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 10.59.05 AM

Edited by mfitz804

5 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Devils are a little skewed because this year they had a ton of specialty jerseys compared to previous ones.  Off the top of my head they had: Sweden (all auctioned), HHOF game (auctioned), Marty HHOF salute (also auctioned), and Heritage (all but four sold out of at least 36 that I can account for).  That also doesn't include the HFC and Military warmups that were also auctioned.

Yeah, I was just looking at the regular sets and it seems like almost all are still available.  Crazy.

I won't be there, however Pat Lelliott and Marc Gratton are driving down from O-town, and so I sent 100 or so Sens books with Marc to hand out to you mugs.

Kind of a 'thank you for the support', I'm offering them for free with the purchase of 1983-1993 and I would imagine a good portion of those initial sales are from most of the collectors who'll be attending, so go bug Marc and get yourself a free Sens book.

If any of you bought the first book and would like a free Sens book but won't be attending the show, just email me your details and send $15USD to pay for shipping (anywhere in NA), to info@thejerseybook.com and I'll fire off a Sens book for ya :)

If anyone doesn't have one yet and is interested in the first book, a Sens book will be included automatically with the purchase of 1983-1993.

You can also use the code PERFECT10 to save 10% or SAVE20 to save 20%...why have both/why would anyone chose the former, you ask? 'cause if you've been on the boards for a minute and have seen posts from Fitzy, for example, you might not be surprised what some people will select, given the option. Also, I like to experiment :D

Lastly, given my general lack of online presence the past couple years and a steady stream of inquiries, I'm going to start producing some jerseybook newsletters starting this fall, coinciding with Pens book release and details re, 1994-2004 timing, and overall updates in regards to other jerseybook initiatives.

Oh, and please do me a favor - if you're at the expo, when you get your Sens book from Marc (or Pat), please request to take a picture of the two or three of you with the book (or any candid pics of Marc really) and post 'em here after the fact. I would love to see as many different pictures of Marc at the show as possible. Also, don't be afraid to use any fun filters your cell cameras may or may not have...'cause unicorn Marc or ballerina Marc, etc, would really make my day :D  :D  :D

Happy collecting!

http://thejerseybook.com/ordernow/

When last I checked, or at least when last you talked about it, you haven’t yet figured out a way to sell the books directly to those of us in the United States. Has that changed? I will not be at the expo and would like to get a book. 

I will also say all of the following. Don’t use a discount code, don’t take a free copy of the book, buy the book from the guy. He helps keep this place running on a day-to-day basis, and quite honestly, we should all support his endeavor.

I should add that I require might be signed, with the inscription “that’s what she said”.

51 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

When last I checked, or at least when last you talked about it, you haven’t yet figured out a way to sell the books directly to those of us in the United States. Has that changed? I will not be at the expo and would like to get a book.

It was an issue selling through Amazon.ca/Amazon fulfillment center in Toronto, which is where the bulk of books currently resides...Amazon only recently opened up the option for .ca to sell to US/European markets, but there are significant fees and other logistics involved, and I haven't yet taken the time to get that sorted - been busy with other stuff lately.

That said, I kept some books with me here in Ottawa, and while I haven't advertised much re yet, they can actually be purchased directly from my site on the order page for anyone in North America.

50 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I should add that I require might be signed, with the inscription “that’s what she said”.

That goes without saying ;)

3 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

It was an issue selling through Amazon.ca/Amazon fulfillment center in Toronto, which is where the bulk of books currently resides...Amazon only recently opened up the option for .ca to sell to US/European markets, but there are significant fees and other logistics involved, and I haven't yet taken the time to get that sorted - been busy with other stuff lately.

That said, I kept some books with me here in Ottawa, and while I haven't advertised much re yet, they can actually be purchased directly from my site on the order page for anyone in North America.

That goes without saying ;)

Order will be placed tonight, apologies for the delay. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Order will be placed tonight, apologies for the delay. 

Ha! Yes, 'cause it's definitely your fault...'bout time you apologized :D

If you're just looking for the Sens book and already ordered the first, just email/paypal info@thejerseybook.com the shipping. No need to go through the order page FYI.

Thx MF

23 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

Ha! Yes, 'cause it's definitely your fault...'bout time you apologized :D

If you're just looking for the Sens book and already ordered the first, just email/paypal info@thejerseybook.com the shipping. No need to go through the order page FYI.

Thx MF

I paid full price. Suck it b!tch. 

I expect my inscription! ;)