Meigray Expo 2019

Devilsguy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great time at the expo this year meeting old and new people.  As usual, it was exhausting but also a lot of fun.  Some quick thoughts/info from my perspective:

1) this year had a high collector turnout.  However, there was a low "off-the-street" turnout.  I think it was largely due to no free jersey this year.

2) Smith and Matteau were awesome.  They were probably my favorite speakers yet to date and this is coming from a Devils fan.  Both, especially Smith, were extremely candid in what they told us.  Let's just say there was no love lost between him and Keenan lol.

3) I got a copy of Slim's Sens book from Marc.  Thanks Marc and Slim!

4) I was put in the front row between George's Flyers table and Jeff's caps table.  Really neat stuff from all of them.  Everyone had great tables as usual and some really nice stuff.  Very impressed with Tyler's table this year with his Sakic, Lemieux and of course, Wild Wing Selanne.  Brilliant had his table filled with Team USA and soccer goodies.  I really liked peaking through the soccer gamers.

5) I actually had a theme this year instead of just greatest hits.  Theme was jerseys from 90-91 through 99-00 season.  Later on in the afternoon I put some of the greatest hits jerseys out to change things up and left a decent amount at home as well.

6) Smith showed us a never used Proplayer prototype they were going to use in 99-00 season.  It's a throwback to their 46-47 season IIRC.

7) I went to the warehouse sale and picked up a couple of unathebticated game used pucks for $5 each.  Got a couple things for my brother but that was it for me for the warehouse sale.

8. While I was at the warehouse I made a deal online for a 02-03 photomatched Tverdovsky gamer.  Really happy with that one and at a nice price!

9) I ended up not doing the grab bag.  I'm happy with that decision lol.

10) out of all of the things on my table the jerseys that got the most looks were the Kasatonov, the Lemieux, the Oliwa and the Pederson (???).  Go figure on the pederson.

IMG_6127.JPG

IMG_6128.JPG

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Had a great time at the expo this year meeting old and new people.  As usual, it was exhausting but also a lot of fun.  Some quick thoughts/info from my perspective:

1) this year had a high collector turnout.  However, there was a low "off-the-street" turnout.  I think it was largely due to no free jersey this year.

2) Smith and Matteau were awesome.  They were probably my favorite speakers yet to date and this is coming from a Devils fan.  Both, especially Smith, were extremely candid in what they told us.  Let's just say there was no love lost between him and Keenan lol.

3) I got a copy of Slim's Sens book from Marc.  Thanks Marc and Slim!

4) I was put in the front row between George's Flyers table and Jeff's caps table.  Really neat stuff from all of them.  Everyone had great tables as usual and some really nice stuff.  Very impressed with Tyler's table this year with his Sakic, Lemieux and of course, Wild Wing Selanne.  Brilliant had his table filled with Team USA and soccer goodies.  I really liked peaking through the soccer gamers.

5) I actually had a theme this year instead of just greatest hits.  Theme was jerseys from 90-91 through 99-00 season.  Later on in the afternoon I put some of the greatest hits jerseys out to change things up and left a decent amount at home as well.

6) Smith showed us a never used Proplayer prototype they were going to use in 99-00 season.  It's a throwback to their 46-47 season IIRC.

7) I went to the warehouse sale and picked up a couple of unathebticated game used pucks for $5 each.  Got a couple things for my brother but that was it for me for the warehouse sale.

8. While I was at the warehouse I made a deal online for a 02-03 photomatched Tverdovsky gamer.  Really happy with that one and at a nice price!

9) I ended up not doing the grab bag.  I'm happy with that decision lol.

10) out of all of the things on my table the jerseys that got the most looks were the Kasatonov, the Lemieux, the Oliwa and the Pederson (???).  Go figure on the pederson.

IMG_6127.JPG

IMG_6128.JPG

Sounds like I missed yet another really good time. 

Must've been really cool to listen to those guys trash talking about Keenan. Although I don't think anyone would have heard Matteau speaking over me booing him if I was there. 

That prototype jersey is AWFUL. I mean, I like a good throwback, but make sure its a GOOD throwback. If that is what they wore in 46-47, there's a reason they stopped using it. 

Congrats on the Tverdovsky pickup. Great player I remember being excited about getting. He never had to unpack his bags, unfortunately. 

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Sounds like I missed yet another really good time. 

Must've been really cool to listen to those guys trash talking about Keenan. Although I don't think anyone would have heard Matteau speaking over me booing him if I was there. 

That prototype jersey is AWFUL. I mean, I like a good throwback, but make sure its a GOOD throwback. If that is what they wore in 46-47, there's a reason they stopped using it. 

Congrats on the Tverdovsky pickup. Great player I remember being excited about getting. He never had to unpack his bags, unfortunately. 

LOL you ask for an Expo recap, i provide one. You are invisible (this is becoming a pattern)

He posts an Expo recap, suddenly you appear in your usually complementary tone.

Didn't we chat about this in private conversation about not having slants and treating posters the same? You denied that you do and if you did it certainly was an accident or not intended. By now, you know that's bulls***, right?

Look, i don't really care if you want to have any personal slants, kiss Arse, or reply to people you've known online forever but don't feed me a line of total bulls*** about it with a smile.

Edited by OneJerseyMemorabilia

6 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

LOL you ask for an Expo recap, i provide it (with some of the same info). You are invisible (this is becoming a pattern)

He posts an Expo recap, you appear and in your normal smooching tone.

Didn't we chat about this in private about not having slants and treating posters the same? You denied that you do and if you did it certainly was an accident or not intended? By now, you know that's bulls***, right?

Look, i don't really care if you want to have any personal slants, kiss Arse, or reply to people you've known online forever but don't feed me a line of total bulls*** and not expect me to notice it.

Jeez, what’s up your a$$? You post here like once in a blue moon and you expect validation like your posts are somehow more meaningful than everyone else’s. We’ve had this conversation before in PM’s, but if you want to hash it out here we can do that too. You’re barely a fringe participant on this board. Yeah, I read your recap. It’s great. Did I have any response to it? No. 

Did I respond to the guy who is on here all the time talking Devils stuff? Sure I did. Why wouldn’t I?

Also, how many hundreds of Devils related posts have I made without any response from you? Happens all the time. Do you see me whining in a public forum about it? No you don’t. 

Am I supposed to worry about whether not responding to your posts makes you feel lonely like you’re in 6th grade? Get over yourself, you aren’t that interesting. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Jeez, what’s up your a$$? You post here like once in a blue moon and you expect validation like your posts are somehow more meaningful than everyone else’s. We’ve had this conversation before in PM’s, but if you want to hash it out here we can do that too. You’re barely a fringe participant on this board. Yeah, I read your recap. It’s great. Did I have any response to it? No. 

Did I respond to the guy who is on here all the time talking Devils stuff? Sure I did. Why wouldn’t I?

Also, how many hundreds of Devils related posts have I made without any response from you? Happens all the time. Do you see me whining in a public forum about it? No you don’t. 

Am I supposed to worry about whether not responding to your posts makes you feel lonely like you’re in 6th grade? Get over yourself, you aren’t that interesting. 

I'm just onto you now. So stop it. You're as sweet as pie to me when no one sees it, but when it comes to the public board oh that's different. I get put into the "fringe" category.

So me being a "fringe" contributor to this board means my information and help is any less welcome then anyone else's? That my posts don't require a reply because i don't live here like you do night and day? Are you even serious with that?  Is this middle school? Oh,, but when we chat about Devils jerseys and share info in private you don't treat me in that same breath do you?

Oh wait, so i don't reply to your practice jersey pickup or every post you make so you don't reply to me even if it's a post where your asking for help and info. Are you really keeping score? Again, are we in middle school? 

Before you criticize someone, you better have a look in the mirror. Oh wait, was that not interesting enough because there wasn't a TWSS in there somewhere?

You are in the fringe category. We discussed all of this privately. Evidently you weren’t able to understand any of it. That’s fine. 

You are making it like middle school. You’re whining that I didn’t respond to your post. Meanwhile, you don’t respond to ANY of my posts. The answer is obvious, you think I’m less of a collector because maybe I enjoy practice jerseys and authentics and you collect game worns and you think that makes you “better”. 

Your post proves that you are not. 

The fact that I enjoy spending time here when I’ve got nothing to do (night AND day) just means I participate more, giving you ample opportunity to join Devils related conversations which you don’t take. Because you’re on the fringe. 

I didn’t ask you for any help or info, I was curious as to why nobody had posted anything about what happens to be one of the main events that happens in this area. You posted, I read it. Am I required to respond because you posted first?

Let’s talk about what all of this is really about. You don’t like Devilsguy, and it irritates you that I do. Oh well, sorry about that. He participates, I’ve had multiple conversations with him over a long period of time. And some arguments too, some good ones actually. 

You want to try to transfer your anger toward him onto me, and honestly, I really don’t care to be involved in your drama. When you and I had a conversation between you and I (privately, instead of calling me out on the board, which is fine if that’s how you like to do things), we discussed this exact issue and my suggestion to you at that time was that you should try to involve yourself more. Which you didn’t do, and that’s totally fine. 

I’ll just sit here and cry into my practice jerseys about how much cooler than me you are. 

THAT is what she said. 

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

You are in the fringe category. We discussed all of this privately. Evidently you weren’t able to understand any of it. That’s fine. 

You are making it like middle school. You’re whining that I didn’t respond to your post. Meanwhile, you don’t respond to ANY of my posts. The answer is obvious, you think I’m less of a collector because maybe I enjoy practice jerseys and authentics and you collect game worns and you think that makes you “better”. 

Your post proves that you are not. 

The fact that I enjoy spending time here when I’ve got nothing to do (night AND day) just means I participate more, giving you ample opportunity to join Devils related conversations which you don’t take. Because you’re on the fringe. 

I didn’t ask you for any help or info, I was curious as to why nobody had posted anything about what happens to be one of the main events that happens in this area. You posted, I read it. Am I required to respond because you posted first?

Let’s talk about what all of this is really about. You don’t like Devilsguy, and it irritates you that I do. Oh well, sorry about that. He participates, I’ve had multiple conversations with him over a long period of time. And some arguments too, some good ones actually. 

You want to try to transfer your anger toward him onto me, and honestly, I really don’t care to be involved in your drama. When you and I had a conversation between you and I (privately, instead of calling me out on the board, which is fine if that’s how you like to do things), we discussed this exact issue and my suggestion to you at that time was that you should try to involve yourself more. Which you didn’t do, and that’s totally fine. 

I’ll just sit here and cry into my practice jerseys about how much cooler than me you are. 

THAT is what she said. 

bulls***. I could post here every day and live on it like you do and it won't change a thing. 

If a member not participating more or to your liking and you're holding a member to your standard of it's "not what you post, it's how much you post", then you've just given this community all it needs to know about how you are and treat people.

You almost fooled me until you made it obvious.

Almost. 

download.jpg

2 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

And FWIW, don't bring him into this. We do have personal issues with each other, but we don't bring them on this board nor do we bring them to the Expo. 

Uhh, you did exactly that in your initial post, like so:

58 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

LOL you ask for an Expo recap, i provide one. You are invisible (this is becoming a pattern)

He posts an Expo recap, suddenly you appear in your usually complementary tone.

Who was "he"?  I think it was only two expo recaps that I saw. You brought him into it from the first post. 

Not to mention when we discussed this by PM and you accused me of talking to him about you via PM, which you surmised from your amazing detective work in finding us both using the private messenger at the same time. I have at least a half dozen other people I PM with too, are those ok, or is it just the ones with the guy you don't like that are an issue for you?

But since you brought it up, it furthers my belief that it plays a role in your treatment towards my participation here and it always has.

In our PM's I specifically ASKED you to participate MORE. Exactly how am I treating your participation? You don't participate enough for me to treat it any way. 

You almost fooled me until you made it obvious.

Almost. 

download.jpg

For those who don't know and don't frequent the same Devils related message board that I (apparently we, but of course you don't really participate over there that I know of), this is a reference to a frequent meme and joke that I initiated and others have followed. All this means is that you stalk my posts on two message boards instead of one. And yet you criticize me for posting "night and day" and say that I "live on" the boards in an attempt to what, make it seem like I am a loser with nothing better to do? Meanwhile you're stalking me by looking at when I am using PM and on other message boards as well. 

Laughable. 

Does any of this have anything to do with the fact that the Devils are bad, like really really bad, and even Devils fans are fighting in the stands now? C’mon guys, can’t we all just get along and work together towards winning another Draft Lottery?

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Uhh, you did exactly that in your initial post, like so:

Who was "he"?  I think it was only two expo recaps that I saw. You brought him into it from the first post. 

Not to mention when we discussed this by PM and you accused me of talking to him about you via PM, which you surmised from your amazing detective work in finding us both using the private messenger at the same time. I have at least a half dozen other people I PM with too, are those ok, or is it just the ones with the guy you don't like that are an issue for you?

In our PM's I specifically ASKED you to participate MORE. Exactly how am I treating your participation? You don't participate enough for me to treat it any way. 

For those who don't know and don't frequent the same Devils related message board that I (apparently we, but of course you don't really participate over there that I know of), this is a reference to a frequent meme and joke that I initiated and others have followed. All this means is that you stalk my posts on two message boards instead of one. And yet you criticize me for posting "night and day" and say that I "live on" the boards in an attempt to what, make it seem like I am a loser with nothing better to do? Meanwhile you're stalking me by looking at when I am using PM and on other message boards as well. 

Laughable. 

I'm not bring it up that i don't like devilsguy.  You did that because you're trying to start more trouble. Being that you did that shows me that your awareness of that situation has effected your treatment of me here for some middle school-ish reason. I brought up that he made a post. Keep him out of this because this is between us and your bulls*** that finally caught up to you. I suggest you do the same.

That's not detective work, that's fact. Again, you are getting all bent over a feature on this board that anyone can see. Not my fault there was a pattern there also. Keep on trying to drag him into it. It shows me more and more.

First and foremost, you DO NOT dictate how much i participate.  For you to treat me as a "fringe" because i do not participate to your stands shows me that you feel that you have to "know" a screen name and have a weird personal relationship with it in order to listen and learn what someone has to say even when they try to help you and answer your questions.

Stalk your posts? HAHAHA! It's a PUBLIC board you fool! Just like this one! Oh wait, because i visit and read the same boards you are on? Maybe it's because i see you post that meme to death(just like the TWSS) that one can't help but notice?

Funny.

3 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Does any of this have anything to do with the fact that the Devils are bad, like really really bad, and even Devils fans are fighting in the stands now? C’mon guys, can’t we all just get along and work together towards winning another Draft Lottery?

Nope, it only has to deal with someone's angst and feelings that they are being ignored. 

Just now, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

I'm not bring it up that i don't like devilsguy. 

You brought him up BECAUSE you don't like him, you didn't bring up that you don't like him. But that's the truth. 

1 minute ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

That's not detective work, that's fact. Again, you are getting all bent over a feature on this board that anyone can see.

It's not that anyone can see it, its that you are so self centered and/or self conscious that you feel the need to use that feature and try to glean from that whether someone is talking about you. Like I said, you aren't that interesting. 

2 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

First and foremost, you DO NOT dictate how much i participate. 

Nope, I don't. I just point out that it's barely at all. And, on top of that, we've discussed that if you want to be involved on the conversation, the best way to do that would be to be involved in the conversation. I'm not sure why that's so hard for you to understand. 

4 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

For you to treat me as a "fringe" because i do not participate to your stands shows me that you feel that you have to "know" a screen name and have a weird personal relationship with it in order to listen and learn what someone has to say even when they try to help you and answer your questions.

You weren't helping me or answering any questions. All i was wondering was, where are the posts about the Expo. I figured by the time I posted that, someone would have said SOMETHING about the Expo. It certainly wasn't directed at you. But, having read your post, I didn't feel obligated to respond. Perhaps I should have. Perhaps I should have said gee, here's a person that never discusses anything with me, has bitched me out in PM's about how I don't pay enough attention to their posts, and whom I have specifically suggested should post MORE because perhaps then they could be part of the conversation, maybe I should respond so nobody's feelings get hurt. 

Stalk your posts? HAHAHA! It's a PUBLIC board you fool! Just like this one! Oh wait, because i visit and read the same boards you are on? Maybe it's because i see you post that meme to death(just like the TWSS) that one can't help but notice?

I didn't even know you participated on the other board because you're even more of a fringe lurker over there than you are over here. I mean really, you want to criticize me for spending too much time talking on message boards but really, what's worse? I mean, what's the point of going to a message board and contributing nothing, whether its content or TWSS jokes? Maybe I do beat that meme to death, a lot of people on that other board enjoy the heck out of it. You know, the ones who participate rather than lurking behind a keyboard until their feelings get hurt and they decide its time to try to bash someone in a public forum.  It recently inspired a second similar meme made by someone else, actually.

That being said, as long as I am not being obnoxious and directly combative with people, I don't really care who enjoys my posts and who doesn't. Clearly you don't. Feeling is mutual. 

18 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

dictate

How's my...? :P

I feel like I'm at the mall eves dropping on a couple that's been dating for two years

I may have asked this before, Is the Meigray Expo exclusive to New Jersey or do they hit other cities?
The Hawks Convention is this weekend but it'd be cool to hit up a jersey Expo where there's a little bit of everything.  

On 7/11/2019 at 5:32 PM, mfitz804 said:

33 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure no one gives a $hit about any of this

2 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure no one gives a $hit about any of this

You can speak for me lol. 

On 7/15/2019 at 4:14 PM, mfitz804 said:

You brought him up BECAUSE you don't like him, you didn't bring up that you don't like him. But that's the truth. 

It's not that anyone can see it, its that you are so self centered and/or self conscious that you feel the need to use that feature and try to glean from that whether someone is talking about you. Like I said, you aren't that interesting. 

Nope, I don't. I just point out that it's barely at all. And, on top of that, we've discussed that if you want to be involved on the conversation, the best way to do that would be to be involved in the conversation. I'm not sure why that's so hard for you to understand. 

You weren't helping me or answering any questions. All i was wondering was, where are the posts about the Expo. I figured by the time I posted that, someone would have said SOMETHING about the Expo. It certainly wasn't directed at you. But, having read your post, I didn't feel obligated to respond. Perhaps I should have. Perhaps I should have said gee, here's a person that never discusses anything with me, has bitched me out in PM's about how I don't pay enough attention to their posts, and whom I have specifically suggested should post MORE because perhaps then they could be part of the conversation, maybe I should respond so nobody's feelings get hurt. 

I didn't even know you participated on the other board because you're even more of a fringe lurker over there than you are over here. I mean really, you want to criticize me for spending too much time talking on message boards but really, what's worse? I mean, what's the point of going to a message board and contributing nothing, whether its content or TWSS jokes? Maybe I do beat that meme to death, a lot of people on that other board enjoy the heck out of it. You know, the ones who participate rather than lurking behind a keyboard until their feelings get hurt and they decide its time to try to bash someone in a public forum.  It recently inspired a second similar meme made by someone else, actually.

That being said, as long as I am not being obnoxious and directly combative with people, I don't really care who enjoys my posts and who doesn't. Clearly you don't. Feeling is mutual. 

YOU brought him up in the way that you did because you want to drag him into it badly and start more trouble. Bringing our personal problems up even in passing and trying to compare that to bring up a post in your own quote is a stretch even for you to try. 

Stop.Just stop. You're just trying to talk around s*** now. In private, i'm worth the time as a member. Where it's visible i am a "fringe" someone that isn't worth your standard of a member even though we are fans of the same team. It's the old "we can chat but we can't be seen chatting among the peers or someone might see it andperhaps not talk to me" routine. Don't point fingers at me for that nonsense.

I never had a problem with you as a member here.  Otherwise i'd never spend the time chatting with you in private, answer you on here when i do, offer to look at things at MG for you or do deals of any kind with you. 

38 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

YOU brought him up in the way that you did because you want to drag him into it badly and start more trouble. Bringing our personal problems up even in passing and trying to compare that to bring up a relative post in your own quote is a stretch even for you to try. 

You brought him up in your initial post. Your insecurities and issues with him are the only reason you even posted this.

Stop.Just stop. You're just trying to talk around s*** now. In private, i'm worth the time as a member. Where it's visible i am a "fringe" someone that isn't worth your standard of a member even though we are fans of the same team. It's the old "we can chat but we can't be seen chatting among the peers or someone might see it and not talk to me" routine. Don't point fingers at me for that nonsense.

I told you the exact same thing in our private messages. I said you should participate more, why would I encourage you to participate more if you weren’t up to my standard as a member? I doesn’t even make any sense!

I never had a problem with you as a member here.  Otherwise i'd never spend the time chatting with you in private, answer you on here when i do, offer to look at things at MG for you or do deals of any kind with you. 

You didn’t have a problem with me, that was why you PM’ed in the first place. I thought we had a nice conversation and we were on the same page. Then I never heard from you again, you still didn’t participate in any conversations, And none of it was an issue again until I commented on someone else’s post instead of yours. I still don’t have a problem with you, I argue with friends and strangers alike.

EDIT:  I do have a slight problem with you trying to insinuate that I’m a loser because I participate on message boards too much. The stalking stuff is a little disconcerting as well.  

Edited by mfitz804

37 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Come on, you’ve been here long enough to know that I’m not gonna shut up anytime soon!

If you have a private beef, I do not understand the point of flaming the whole forum. 

It is no better behavior than the Facebook people you criticize.

it also makes it very difficult to follow the actual information in these threads because there is so much nonsense interspersed.

5 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

If you have a private beef, I do not understand the point of flaming the whole forum. 

It is no better behavior than the Facebook people you criticize.

it also makes it very difficult to follow the actual information in these threads because there is so much nonsense interspersed.

I had to look twice to make sure that it wasn’t in a private message, that would’ve been the appropriate place for it. It was done publicly on purpose for the benefit of others and to try to embarrass me. 

I liked being called “sweet as pie” however.

On 7/15/2019 at 5:25 PM, mfitz804 said:

You brought him up in your initial post. Your insecurities and issues with him are the only reason you even posted this.

I told you the exact same thing in our private messages. I said you should participate more, why would I encourage you to participate more if you weren’t up to my standard as a member? I doesn’t even make any sense!

You didn’t have a problem with me, that was why you PM’ed in the first place. I thought we had a nice conversation and we were on the same page. Then I never heard from you again, you still didn’t participate in any conversations, And none of it was an issue again until I commented on someone else’s post instead of yours. I still don’t have a problem with you, I argue with friends and strangers alike.

My problem is not with him. You a were asked a direct question in private and you bull shitted the answer. Dragging someone else into it isn't going to change that.

You're not answering my questions, though.

Why does it matter how much i participate? What does my post count have to do in relation to my post content? If it's informative and answers a question what's it matter?

Why do you chat with me in detail about jerseys in private and treat me the total opposite in the public forum?