Well I'll Be f*****

DJ Rhea

5 hours ago, tomtucker said:

of course slim.......i get it.

"we've had several complaints" ....... i would like to know what the complaints were about, what did i write that people complained about?

You also have to remember i was acused of sexim, which made me upset. Should you just be allowed to accuse me of that?

Because i don't like to hear a woman's voice commenting a NHL game does not make me a sexist. I simply don't feel the voice belong in the game, just like i don't think it would belong in a NFL game.   That is not sexism, is it? Are there female NFL commentators?

It's a female voice, a feminine voice in a hard rugged playoff game, just like NFL football. It does not feel  and sound right. 

Do you get it? If you did, you wouldn't have written what you posted...unless you're just trolling

People are complaining that you're posting asinine comments, which you are.

And yes, you are accused of being sexist - you literally made a very sexist comment, and now you're going to play the victim?

Are you just trying to troll me now?

So men are competing against men, in hockey, in football, whatever...and you, as a spectator, would prefer to hear a man's voice commentating. It just fits with what I'm watching

Kinda like if Mike Milbury commentated on a figure skating event - just doesn't quite fit the bill, right?

We get it.

No one needs your extremely sexist comments that don't seem to match with what you're seemingly trying to convey now - that to you, it just doesn't sound right. Just say that and move on, no need for insulting members or groups of people as a whole.

you euro as well? Tell me,  are there any TV stations that have females as soccer commentators for the big leagues in Europe? Just curious.... ❤️

Trolling...do you care to stick around, Tom?

48 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

you euro as well? Tell me,  are there any TV stations that have females as soccer commentators for the big leagues in Europe? Just curious.... ❤️

Yes in England Sky and BBC do, to be honest I don't watch much football, but Alex Scott seems to know what she is on about, but there is another lass who talks s***. Then again, alot of the men talk s***. As for playing in the NHL etc, Babcock never played in the NHL and he is one of the best coaches going. Look at Arsene Wengers playing career compared to management. As for being European, hopefully not for much longer 😜  

2 hours ago, slimcutta said:

Tom, it's one thing to have an opinion, it's another thing to troll people and post inciting messages, and while I don't necessarily agree with a lot of PC crap, I don't see much value in you stating things like " why the F is there a woman commentating on men's sports, she can't play nhl hockey "

what does that have to do with anything?

You can go troll the internet all you want, but, as much as I encourage differences of opinions and a little heat hear and there, we've had several complaints and you're really not helping with your derogatory and often asinine comments.

I've given you a warning, and should you continue, you'll be banned...which you may or may not care about, but fair warning to all - trash talk all you want, have an opinion, etc. but keep it realistic and respectful, pls.

Seriously, I’m an Arse about 99% of the time and I don’t even get these warnings...you upset The Wizard!!

Sure - I suppose someone could think a first team all-American who won two olympic medals (gold and silver), three silver IIHF medals, the women's version of the Hobey Baker, and an NCAA championship might not be enough to qualify as a hockey commentator.... but sure - Kenny Albert, Mike Emrick, Chris Cuthbert and John Forslund probably have way more on-ice experience playing hockey, so they are way more qualified. 

1 hour ago, Zack845 said:

Sure - I suppose someone could think a first team all-American who won two olympic medals (gold and silver), three silver IIHF medals, the women's version of the Hobey Baker, and an NCAA championship might not be enough to qualify as a hockey commentator.... but sure - Kenny Albert, Mike Emrick, Chris Cuthbert and John Forslund probably have way more on-ice experience playing hockey, so they are way more qualified. 

Yeah but her voice is feminine. No good for him. Apparently he was speaking for ALL men too, if you read what he said. Females can’t talk about hockey because they cant play in the NHL and their voices are annoying.

That statement was as “not sexist” as Jimmy the Greek saying that black athletes are better because they are descended from slaves was “not racist”. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Seriously, I’m an Arse about 99% of the time and I don’t even get these warnings...you upset The Wizard!!

Vampire wizard, you fool!

And don't think you're not walking on thin ice already.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah but her voice is feminine. No good for him. Apparently he was speaking for ALL men too, if you read what he said. Females can’t talk about hockey because they cant play in the NHL and their voices are annoying.

That statement was as “not sexist” as Jimmy the Greek saying that black athletes are better because they are descended from slaves was “not racist”. 

Certainly not considered as racist for the time...the climate was completely different, just ask Kate Smith...'s statue...

Or we could not even go there.

Let's all just get along :)

vampire wizard.jpg

3 hours ago, Zack845 said:

Did she play NHL hockey, do women have full face mask, and are there no contact rules in women's hockey?

Are you really comparing NCAA and women's hockey to NHL and the Stanley Cup Playoffs ?

Even so, that is not the whole point, some of those you mentioned bring excitement to the games. And again, high pitched female voice,  is much more annoying to listen to for 2 and a half hours than a man's voice.

That is an opinion, i simply find it annoying as hell.  

Anyone else agree? we will never know, no one will dare to say so.  

I will not be watching, will others as well tune out, no ones know, NHL viewer numbers are very low already.   So it's perfect to experiment with this crap here. 

So why am i/we upset you ask...... because i/we love NHL hockey. 

Edited by tomtucker

7 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

Yes in England Sky and BBC do, to be honest I don't watch much football, but Alex Scott seems to know what she is on about, but there is another lass who talks s***. Then again, alot of the men talk s***. As for playing in the NHL etc, Babcock never played in the NHL and he is one of the best coaches going. Look at Arsene Wengers playing career compared to management. As for being European, hopefully not for much longer 😜  

Google tells me Alex Scott is a pundit.... which i don't know what is,😄  so google again

So when you're watching a match on the TV, you might be interested to hear what the extremely well-paid pundits have to say at half-time and afterwards.

So these women you are talking about are not actually sitting beside the main game commentator, and analyzing the gameplay while  the game is played? 

Edited by tomtucker

7 hours ago, slimcutta said:

And don't think you're not walking on thin ice already.

It’s a line I like to walk, because I’m dangerous. The other day I signaled 75 feet before a turn instead of 100. #Rebel. 

7 hours ago, slimcutta said:

Certainly not considered as racist for the time...the climate was completely different,

Well, he got fired and retired a disgrace, so I think you might be a little off. 

Did she play NHL hockey, do women have full face mask, and are there no contact rules in women's hockey?

Are you really comparing NCAA and women's hockey to NHL and the Stanley Cup Playoffs ?

None of that has any relevance when there’s plenty of men in the industry who never played AT ALL, let alone at the level she has. You’re literally setting up a different standard because she’s a woman. 

And again, high pitched female voice,  is much more annoying to listen to for 2 and a half hours than a man's voice.

That is an opinion, i simply find it annoying as hell.

Just because it’s your opinion doesn’t mean it isn’t sexist.

It’s like a-holes, everyone has one and some stink more than others. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Well, he got fired and retired a disgrace, so I think you might be a little off. 

Or we can go there...yeah, well, he went full retard...and my point was more towards the mood/climate of the time, hence why the whole Kate Smith thing is only coming to light now, 33 years after her death. Speaking of which, wasn't God Bless American written by a Russian?

Let's just ban everything and everyone and then we can all be safe!!! :D :D :D 

Tom, to reiterate what I wrote you in a PM:

You're welcome to your opinion that you don't like female voices in men's sports, but that's not what you said. If you really don't get why people think you're sexist after posting sexist comments, then you've got bigger problems to deal with.

I don't really care if you don't get it - if you want to contribute to the boards and be an active member of this hockey jersey community, then you should contribute with substance and legitimate points re, and not just spew hate. You've been doing this for a while now, and this is not the first time people have complained about you. 

Locking the thread, moving on, let's all just love one another, people!!!