Adidas Nameplates

I'm debating stashing some cash the next while and getting a Canucks game worn jersey. Players they have are not who I want so stripping is the plan so I can have a MIC Canucks Adidas jersey.

1. Is there any source at all for real Adidas on-ice material for nameplates?

2. If not, is the material strong enough that stripping letters and re-using the plate feasible?

Edited by Van67

5 minutes ago, Van67 said:

I'm debating stashing some cash the next while and getting a Canucks game worn jersey. Players they have are not who I want so stripping is the plan so I can have a MIC Canucks Adidas jersey.

2. If not, is the material strong enough that stripping letters and re-using the plate feasible?

1. I know EPS has it, but I don’t know who else does. 

2. All depends on how they are glued down. I’ve stripped 5 MIC Adidas jerseys so far and all of them came off very clean with no damage to the material. So I think you’d be able to use the nameplate over if you were so inclined. 

5 hours ago, Van67 said:

I re-used the nameplate on my capitals. Worked absolutely fine.

Any team used shop should have the Adidas nameplate material.

I've done a handful of Adidas jerseys and re-using the nameplate has never been an issue.

6 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Any team used shop should have the Adidas nameplate material.

But if going that route, make sure you specify that’s what you want. There’s history where official providers have used unofficial materials, or at least had an upcharge to get the real deal. 

My general rile, even if you are using the team’s provider, is that anything that you know you want should be specified at the time of the order. Doesn’t matter if they know the right way, they need to know you want it the right way. 

12 hours ago, Van67 said:

I’ve stripped 5 Canucks Adidas over the last year or so, and they all have come off super clean, and was able to re-Customize them without any leftover residue from the previous customization.

Top Five Jerseys

Canucks Jersey Collection

Hughes