Removing a Vector Patch from an Edge Jersey

Has anyone removed a Vector patch from the back of an Edge jersey? I removed the stitching and thought it would come off pretty easily, but it’s glued down pretty good. Anyone have any experience on what my next step should be?

I (mildly) burned my jersey. Be careful to use a thicker shirt or towel when applying heat. I would recommend buying airknit and just doing a cover up. 

Edited by NYIJM29

3 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

I (mildly) burned my jersey. Be careful to use a thicker shirt or towel when applying heat. I would recommend buying airknit and just doing a cover up. 

So, just iron it enough so that the adhesive loosened up a bit, that would be the best bet?

Are you sacrificing the jersey or reusing it? I’ve had good luck using acetone on the inside of the jersey to help loosen a twill nameplate. Downside is it left a lot of glue on the jersey that I had to remove. I’d start with heat/steam to the inside of the jersey and if that doesn’t work, go straight to acetone. 

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Are you sacrificing the jersey or reusing it? I’ve had good luck using acetone on the inside of the jersey to help loosen a twill nameplate. Downside is it left a lot of glue on the jersey that I had to remove. I’d start with heat/steam to the inside of the jersey and if that doesn’t work, go straight to acetone. 

No, not sacrificing the jersey, just trying to make the jersey more accurate, as it has a current player on it, and the jersey is identical to the current one, with the exception of the Vector patch. The current WHL jerseys have a CCM Patch. I got the CCM Patch from the Team EQM, so I want to remove the Vector and put on the CCM so it isn’t a foul. The rest of the jersey is double layered, so steaming or putting a stone on the inside isn’t an option on this particular part of the jersey......so, I think I may be stuck now.....

Does this advice apply to removing a Reebok wordmark as well? I'll have to take one off of a Blackhawks jersey so I can have a vector patch added.

1 minute ago, TheKevinShow said:

Does this advice apply to removing a Reebok wordmark as well? I'll have to take one off of a Blackhawks jersey so I can have a vector patch added.

I would assume it applies to both. I thought it was going to be a simple removal, but nope....super frustrating 

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT APPLY HEAT. That will only melt more glue into the material. The only real option is to pick at a corner with your nails until you can get enough of it to slowly peel it off. If you iron it, you'll seal it to the fabric more and it will never come off clean. If you just pull it off slow, you can most likely iron out a lot of the leftover. There will be a point where the residue probably won't come off though. Those patches are pressed down extremely hard because the manufacturers don't want them removed.