mdwsta4

NJ Devils experts...

Did the Devils ever wear small block CCM air knit jerseys? If not, is there any reason they would have been available at retail? 

No where is it stated that this jersey is a gamer, but I’ve never seen an air knit small block from the Devils before 

Only in 87-88 to my knowledge, but the CCM logo on them was one color I think. That one could be a retail version, it certainly has the old style customization. 

Anyone got their Jersey Book handy? I do not but I know the answer is in there. 

Devils did wear air-knit in 87-88 but only for part of the season IIRC.  It was the only year where they wore those colors and air-knit.

As for the CCM logo I don't remember off the top of my head for sure, but I want to say it was one color.  I'll have to look later.

13 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Devils did wear air-knit in 87-88 but only for part of the season IIRC.  It was the only year where they wore those colors and air-knit.

As for the CCM logo I don't remember off the top of my head for sure, but I want to say it was one color.  I'll have to look later.

I looked it up, CCM logo was solid green on a white background. Would’ve made sense to take a picture from the jersey book but I failed to. 

Same one, IIRC, as the one on the most recent vintage Devils replica jerseys. 

12 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Did the Devils ever wear small block CCM air knit jerseys? If not, is there any reason they would have been available at retail? 

No where is it stated that this jersey is a gamer, but I’ve never seen an air knit small block from the Devils before 

In 1987-88, the Devils wore airknit jerseys during the regular season. The playoff set was ultrafil. Both were the small block green-green-green ccm logo. 

The Maclean airknit jersey from reddit is not a game worn jersey. It is also not an 1987-88 airknit jersey and it's not correctly customized to 1987-88 on ice specs.

The Devils wore ultrafil small block red-red-green CCM jerseys in their first set of jerseys in 1989-90 before they switched to ultrafil big block red-red-green.

The Maclean, being it is an airknit with a small block red-red-green CCM logo, is a retail authentic version even though it is different material then the on ice jerseys the Devils actually wore.  I've seen this style come up for sale before but not in a long time (a Burke and a Muller if i remember correctly). 

Back in the 1980's/early 90's really good pro shops like Ed K, C & L, Verona Sport, Marcello Bros in Northern NJ (for example and familiarity) sold variations of CCM Devils replica and authentic jerseys. I would think that those shops (and even Cosby's) would have stocked something like this and probably well stocked mail order companies as well. 

Edited by OneJerseyMemorabilia

Interesting history lesson. Thank you!