Players you love or loved to hate

Finny

I don't know why, but I hate Hal Gill. He just bugs me. Of course, the Canadiens game I went to this year just happened to have his picture on the ticket. I have a good friend of mine who absolutely detests Richard Park. That is so funny to me!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Park backward is Krap!

I just blew your mind didn't I!

I have a friend of mine who went to college with Martin St. Louis and they are really good friends and he said one of the bes tthings ever about Crosby after meeting him at a golf tournament. "He drinks with his pinky out." Another buddy of mine from Miami was roommates with David Booth and he went out with him and some other Panthers one night after they played the Pens and ended up hangin out with some Pens. He said Crosby just acted like he didn't want to be there, like he was too good for the place or something. However, he said Malkin is really cool!

I have a friend of mine who went to college with Martin St. Louis

Marty is a very nice guy! My uncle's neighbor's son went to college with MSTL's wife. My uncle had season tickets (first row on the blue line) to the Isles and the neighbor's son asked my uncle for tickets against the Lightning and in exchange, I was able to meet Marty and Vinny Lecavalier when I was in fifth grade. :thumbsup:

Favorite players: Eric Cairns, Oleg Kvasha, Andrew Macdonald, MSTL, Kenny Jonsson, Brendan Witt, Matt Martin, the Islander that said that it felt like a country club in the Isles locker room (either Wiz or Roloson), and Paul Bissonnette.

Hated players: Leafs 2001-02 team (esp. Domi, Roberts, Tucker, Cujo), Theo Fleury, Mike Richter, Mark Messier, Sean Avery, Eric Lindros, Dale Hunter, Matthew Barnaby, Daniel Briere, Mike Richards, Dan Carcillo, Crosby to some extent, Jason Blake, Richard Park, Janne Niinimaa, Chris Pronger.

There are a lot more in both categories.

by far one of my favorite players growing up was Theo Fleury. As small as he was, he was a great goal scorer and when he was on the ice he didnt give a s*** how big you were you antagonized him he went after you (I remember a Ranger-Isle game where he got into it multiple times with Chara as an example of this).

by far one of my favorite players growing up was Theo Fleury. As small as he was, he was a great goal scorer and when he was on the ice he didnt give a s*** how big you were you antagonized him he went after you (I remember a Ranger-Isle game where he got into it multiple times with Chara as an example of this).

I remember that game...I was actually there. He slashed Chara repeatedly in the back of the leg until Big Z started to bleed.

Well, the only reason he went for his knees was because that was the extent of his reach!

I always liked Crackhead Theo too. It's a shame he got diddled as a youth by that pile of garbage up in Swift Current. He could have been a Hall of Famer. The iconic shot of him will always be sliding down the ice while celebrating his OT winner against the Oilers in 1991.

I remember that game...I was actually there. He slashed Chara repeatedly in the back of the leg until Big Z started to bleed.

Yea exactly..His feistyness added an element to his game which really did make him great. It was too bad the alcohol got to him or else he def would had been a 1st ballot hall of famer (he easily would had 500+ goals).

Edited by OR68

In all honesty, I hated him with the rangers, then again the only rangers I liked were Graves and Leetch, but he overcame a lot in his life and he deserves respect.

I always had great respect for those late 90's Rangers teams. For a few years they had a training camp up here in Burlington at UVM and I worked at the hotel they stayed at. They were all really classy guys. Some of the European guys were kind of aloof but the veterans were top notch. Messier, Richter, Leetch, even Lindros were very nice guys. Messier would have his dad come out and there would be tons of card games going on in his room. One of the waitress' sons was a huge messier fan, he was named Cooper after the equipment company. She delivered a room service order to him and asked if he would mind signing an autograph. He politely said that he would prefer to eat at that moment but he promised to take care of her. Later he sent down a personalized pic of him holding up the Cup. I got to cook for Gretzky and all of those guys, the restaurant manager tried to get me to go ask for Gretzky's auto, but I really didn't want to interrupt his meal. I know, kind of crazy to pass up a once in a lifetime opportunity like that, but I really didn't want to be that guy. I know I wouldn't want to be bothered at that time if I were him. There was a room reserved just for stuff for him to sign for Upper Deck. Cards, sticks, jerseys, pucks pretty much stacked to the rafters. It was nuts. Rich Pilon even sent me down a personalized note thanking me for cooking for him for the week.

What???? Oh right, lemme guess...

hunter.jpg

:check:

HAHA omg nail on the head.

I know this has been said before, but I think Wade Redden is awesome. Totally underrated. People need to go screw themselves for hating on this man!

EDIT: HE also probably makes more in one year than in your lifetime, so HA

I hate Duncan Keith cuz he's playing like total Arse this year. Norris my Arse!

What a waste of 3rd pick overall in my hockey pool! I can't even dump him now.

He's done nothing but drive my plus minus into the basement, the bum!

I hate Duncan Keith cuz he's playing like total Arse this year. Norris my Arse!

What a waste of 3rd pick overall in my hockey pool! I can't even dump him now.

He's done nothing but drive my plus minus into the basement, the bum!

At least he's better than Kyle Wellwood. B)

I know this has been said before, but I think Wade Redden is awesome. Totally underrated. People need to go screw themselves for hating on this man!

EDIT: HE also probably makes more in one year than in your lifetime, so HA

Redden was good in Ottawa and i was all for signing him when the Rangers did. With that being said, he has been a disaster with the rangers. It's like he lost how to play the game at a high level overnight(i know the last 2 years in Ottawa he was slipping a little but he was still productive). I thought Rozsival got the raw shake as he played better than people gave him credit for but it was the right move to trade him and same some money on the cap. Now i know this may be a unpopular move but if they can trade drury (your captain CANNOT be duty to 4th line mainly and its not torterella hes been invisible for a year and half) and shed some more salary id do it.