The New Jerseys

lafountain

The fabric is so bizarre, I wear a 50 and sometimes it feels like I don't even have a jersey on, yet, the thing keeps me rather toasty with just a t-shirt on underneath it in the winter. I wore it with no undershirt in September and sat rows from the ice and felt unusually warm. I wear my CCM 550 with a turteneck and a t-shirt underneath and I'm freezing. Makes no sense, or maybe it was the dippin' dots I ate that night...

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start off by saying this post is not a shot at icejerseys or any other retailer of hockey jerseys but more of an observation I noticed.

If you happen to be a fan of a somewhat obscure player (IE Sanford in Vancouver or any other lesser known player), and you decide that you want an authentic jersey of that player to order the jersey and to have it customized it will run you about $330. I looked at Meigray to see what some of this years jerseys were going for and to get those lesser known players it would cost you $350 - $395 + shipping. So in the off chance that you ever considered getting a Mark Popovic Thrashers jersey which route would you go? Customize an authentic for $330 or buy a game worn for $350? If it happens to be a Game Issued but not worn jersey on the other hand you could get it for around $250 for that same player.

Though going customized I would be able to get my size, but if I am a big fan of the player I would probably go the Game Worn route.

I know icejerseys and the other retailers did not establish the pricing, but this just seemed kind of funny to me.

The game issued avs I just got from meigray was 225.........

I have a size 58 chris stewart avs edge 1.0 coming from the team tomorrow, im 6'3 220 I'm sure this will fit no?

Go back a few posts and read ZoomZoom18's comments. He's almost your dimensions and he said 56 fit him perfectly. I think you'll be fine with the 58.

• 2 weeks later...

That wouldn't make much sense. Why would their 3rd jersey be essentially their regular jersey only with an extra stripe? That's pretty lame if you ask me.

On the Thrashers board someone posted this link.

Notice the sleeves have 3 stripes. Possible 3rd for next year?

did you also notice that it has a waist stripe? IMO it looks much better than the current ones.

To me it looks like there is something on the left shoulder as well. It definitely does look much better than the current ones. Maybe we could see some teams start doing more with their current styles?

I hope the Coyotes are doing something about their missing stripes. They should also add another shoulder patch. What would you think of that?

I hope the Coyotes are doing something about their missing stripes. They should also add another shoulder patch. What would you think of that?

I would love it! The PHX patch is cool and want them to keep it, but I also miss the moon logo they sported on their previous jerseys. I think the 2003-04 Columbus jerseys started using separate shoulder patches and I tend to think the Coyotes could pull the look off if done right. Maybe add the moon logo like they have on the pants without the wordmark. I like the white jerseys, but they need waist stripes IMO, badly. Whether they do it like Columbus does it or like the Canucks do it, I just think they need to do it. I do like the addition of the stripes to the pants. To me the new Coyotes look is a tad on the plain side.

First things first on the jerseys for next year...ditch that diaper flap effect.

Put waist stripes on only if the baseball-tail is erased. Columbus, Washington, Detroit, Minnesota, Calgary and the Islanders handle waist stripes well (contoured to the hem) with the Edge design. Boston, New Jersey, Chicago. San Jose and Vancouver do not; tuck in that flap!

In fact this jersey is a Bruins one. Modified by a fan to become a leafs jersey. The first time I saw that image it was last summer. You can see that the bruins and the maple leafs modified jersey have the same stripping pattern on the arms. Also the laces are identical. I just can't understand why the leafs official website used that picture.

leafsod1.png

p3536126dtfr0.jpg