The New Jerseys

lafountain

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no!!! are these the new Penguins jerseys?

NewHomeJersey.JPG

NewAwayJersey.JPG

NewPants.JPG

Just shows 3 red x's for me. Guessing they had to take the pictures down.

My thought on the pens is that they are down grade, but I think its a smart plan for the Penguins. The number of Crosby and Malkin jerseys they have sold over the last two seasons is crazy, and this gives them a reason to buy a new one. That seems like money in the bank to me.

My thought on the pens is that they are down grade, but I think its a smart plan for the Penguins. The number of Crosby and Malkin jerseys they have sold over the last two seasons is crazy, and this gives them a reason to buy a new one. That seems like money in the bank to me.

Precisely why they did it probably.

Sorry for my absence lately... but time to throw in my two cents.

1) I don't have any problem with anyone putting up leaked logos on the forum here. As long as it isn't coming from anyone here at IceJerseys (which it won't), it is all just speculation and in all honesty, is kind of fun... while also generating discussion and interset in jerseys... which is all good. We have a very strong relationship with the NHL, and they know that we would not breach any agreements and release confidential information on the forum or on our site.

2) I just saw the entire roster of jersey designs in a meeting with the NHL yesterday. All I can say, is of the leaks mentioned in this thread so far, some are way off, some are close but not exact (maybe prototypes), and some are pretty dead on. No, I will not give any more details. From what I saw in my meeting overall, I think there will be a few major successes, many mild successes, a few 'who cares', and one or two..."D'OH!"'s. Hopefully your team is one of the former, and not the latter!

3) We should have all of the details about release dates in the next week or two. You can be sure that IceJerseys will be among the first to have all the teams and jerseys online for purchase in September. As soon as a team releases their design, we will be getting pics up online, though we will not be able to ship out jerseys until mid-September (exact dates to be confirmed).

4) We plan to set up a pre-order signup very soon (which will allow you to sign up for instant e-mail notification as soon as we make the jersey available for sale).

5) The RBK Edge Authentic jersey will not be offered to all retailers - only platinum accounts. This is a select group of top performing retailers that Reebok has chosen to make the Edge jersey available to. IceJerseys is one of those few select retailers who will be authorized to sell the Edge authentic jerseys. You will likely only see the Edge jerseys for sale in stores that do a substantial business in NHL jerseys - not your local hockey stores, b-level web sites, or ebay.

That's the scoop so far!

1) I don't have any problem with anyone putting up leaked logos on the forum here. As long as it isn't coming from anyone here at IceJerseys (which it won't), it is all just speculation and in all honesty, is kind of fun... while also generating discussion and interset in jerseys... which is all good. We have a very strong relationship with the NHL, and they know that we would not breach any agreements and release confidential information on the forum or on our site.

2) I just saw the entire roster of jersey designs in a meeting with the NHL yesterday. All I can say, is of the leaks mentioned in this thread so far, some are way off, some are close but not exact (maybe prototypes), and some are pretty dead on. No, I will not give any more details. From what I saw in my meeting overall, I think there will be a few major successes, many mild successes, a few 'who cares', and one or two..."D'OH!"'s. Hopefully your team is one of the former, and not the latter!

3) We should have all of the details about release dates in the next week or two. You can be sure that IceJerseys will be among the first to have all the teams and jerseys online for purchase in September. As soon as a team releases their design, we will be getting pics up online, though we will not be able to ship out jerseys until mid-September (exact dates to be confirmed).

4) We plan to set up a pre-order signup very soon (which will allow you to sign up for instant e-mail notification as soon as we make the jersey available for sale).

5) The RBK Edge Authentic jersey will not be offered to all retailers - only platinum accounts. This is a select group of top performing retailers that Reebok has chosen to make the Edge jersey available to. IceJerseys is one of those few select retailers who will be authorized to sell the Edge authentic jerseys. You will likely only see the Edge jerseys for sale in stores that do a substantial business in NHL jerseys - not your local hockey stores, b-level web sites, or ebay.

That's the scoop so far!

Great news to hear Wolf.

I still have a question pertaining to the Premier series of the jersey. shop.NHL.com is stating that their jerseys will have heat pressed names and numbers while the pre-sale for the Caps will have sewn on names and numbers. Which version of names and numbers will icejerseys be offering for the Premier series or is this known yet?

That's the scoop so far!

Very interesting Wolf! Thanks for the information. I am really itching to see some of the new styles.

Great news to hear Wolf.

I still have a question pertaining to the Premier series of the jersey. shop.NHL.com is stating that their jerseys will have heat pressed names and numbers while the pre-sale for the Caps will have sewn on names and numbers. Which version of names and numbers will icejerseys be offering for the Premier series or is this known yet?

We ONLY offer the authentic pro-style customization for all jerseys - you can alwyas count on that. I think shop.NHL.com and some other sites will be offering only a non-authentic twill/heatseal combination (eg twill number, with heatseal second/third colors).

Well- they can't make the Sabres jersey any worse right? Good to have you back CW!

We ONLY offer the authentic pro-style customization for all jerseys - you can alwyas count on that. I think shop.NHL.com and some other sites will be offering only a non-authentic twill/heatseal combination (eg twill number, with heatseal second/third colors).

Was pretty sure, but it is great to hear that the quality is not going to be downgraded. Hopefully this brings more customers to you as shop.NHL.com offers the lower quality replica customization.

So, just to clarify, right now jerseys I have seen come with 3 layer twill that is heat sealed to the jersey, but now they are going to dumb it down even more and make the second and third layers rubberized heat seal material as well?

IceJerseys is in my jersey customization circle of trust. There are only two places, IJ and Artcraft Embroidery in Phoenix, that I will send a jersey to for customization, both have proven themselves, understand details and use authentic materials. Anytime I see anyone else offering numbering, I fear that single color iron-on's will be put on them, so I don't go that route.

Loose lettering kits is a good idea.

So, just to clarify, right now jerseys I have seen come with 3 layer twill that is heat sealed to the jersey, but now they are going to dumb it down even more and make the second and third layers rubberized heat seal material as well?

If you are referring the shop.nhl, I'm not 100% sure of what they offer currently... I thought they were doing authentic sewn twill for all layers currently? Have you been getting unsewn, heatpressed twill from shop.nhl?

Either way, for next year... yes it will be 'dumbed down' to twill with heatsealed 2nd/3rd colors for around $50USD (I think?). So, if you want to save a few bucks... than I guess it's an option. If you want to go with the real thing for about $30 bucks more.... go with us.

I wish IJ would ship out lose lettering kits (at least to me :D) instead having just having the jerseys sent in. That would bring more customers too, wouldn't it?

We just aren't authorized to sell loose lettering kits. We are only authorized to customize the jerseys. Sorry!

My Sabres jersey came with heat pressed twill, with no sewing. And form waht I can gather, all other replicas were coming with heat pressed numbers that appear to be sewn, but have only been zig zag stitched around themeselves, not actually sewn layer on layer and to the jersey. Not the greatest quality photos, but....

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0080.jpg

I wish IJ would ship out lose lettering kits (at least to me :D) instead having just having the jerseys sent in. That would bring more customers too, wouldn't it?

Yes, me too......i need a name bar for my Avalanche jersey, those idiots at shop.nhl did not use the correct curve or arch, or whatever you call it, on the name "Hejduk" it is almost straight. <_< It´s a long time ago, but i don´t want to look at it anymore.

I need a correct namebar, i have fund a place on the net called 20west.com, are that place any good? Anyone know?

I wonder if the namebars they use, is the same material as the jerseys, as it should be!

...i have fund a place on the net called 20west.com, are that place any good? Anyone know?

I wonder if the namebars they use, is the same material as the jerseys, as it should be!

They're not that good. they use Twill nameplates. and they don't sell just nameplates or just numbers, you have to buy the whole kit. I'd suggest triplethreatsports.com

If you are referring the shop.nhl, I'm not 100% sure of what they offer currently... I thought they were doing authentic sewn twill for all layers currently? Have you been getting unsewn, heatpressed twill from shop.nhl?

Either way, for next year... yes it will be 'dumbed down' to twill with heatsealed 2nd/3rd colors for around $50USD (I think?). So, if you want to save a few bucks... than I guess it's an option. If you want to go with the real thing for about $30 bucks more.... go with us.

Currently NHL.com is three layer, heat pressed twill with a "sewn looking" treatment that is not actually sewn to the jersey.

Currently NHL.com is three layer, heat pressed twill with a "sewn looking" treatment that is not actually sewn to the jersey.

My Crosby jersey has such numbering. It looks sewn and perfect from a distance, but get close up and see that the number is not sewn on, it's applied like a crest. The graphic on the number has little zigzag 'stitches'. Trickery! See my not-so-good photo:

crosby8.jpg

It did utilize the tick-weave texture on the white, which surprised me a little.

They're not that good. they use Twill nameplates. and they don't sell just nameplates or just numbers, you have to buy the whole kit. I'd suggest triplethreatsports.com

Thanks for the advice, but i could not see how to order a namekit on triplethreatsports, so i ordered a unsewn kit from 20west, i guess i can sew the letters on a name plate i allready have.

I hope unsewn means what i think, i am not a expert on these things.

The letters the Av´s use are really tricky, how does it work, are there 5 different shapes for each letter, 2 that goes "up" one straight and 2 that goes down? All with more or less curve? Most be a lot of letters laying around, at IJ for instance, or is this not how it works, do you know?

Well, all i know is that the name on my jersey from nhl.shop is crap, the letters don´t have enough curve, hope the letters i get now is the right ones that that Hejduk guy uses :blush: