The New Jerseys

lafountain

You never want to switch back completely, otherwise people will just bust out their old stuff. You need to make at least slight changes or else you won't push any merchandise.

True enough. It will be interesting to see on these jerseys that are slight tweaks for the aerodynamics but not logo design sell well or if fans will just wear the old school sweaters.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True enough. It will be interesting to see on these jerseys that are slight tweaks for the aerodynamics but not logo design sell well or if fans will just wear the old school sweaters.

I don't think fans in Buffalo would be willing to pay nearly the same as what they paid last year for their slug jersey...AGAIN. That is a lot of money for the average fan to cough up in consecutive years.

If people hate the slug the best thing for the Sabres to do is NOT to make changes. Why bother buying something that essentially looks the same and fits tighter? If all they do is just stitch it up in the EDGE style, sales should drop considerably...no where near #1 and I would dare say nowhere near the top 10.

I don't think fans in Buffalo would be willing to pay nearly the same as what they paid last year for their slug jersey...AGAIN. That is a lot of money for the average fan to cough up in consecutive years.

If people hate the slug the best thing for the Sabres to do is NOT to make changes. Why bother buying something that essentially looks the same and fits tighter? If all they do is just stitch it up in the EDGE style, sales should drop considerably...no where near #1 and I would dare say nowhere near the top 10.

That all depends on the success of the team as well. A successful team will push more merchandise regardless of what it looks like simply because people want to be "involved" (for lack of a better term) with success.

Are these the new Red Wings jerseys?

red%20wings.JPG

Even if it is faked which it probably is, I think that would be pretty close...

The city of Detroit would get burned to the ground if they made any drastic changes.

Not bad at all on the Red Wings, completely left it alone and just incorporated it in with the new materials and design.

I think this one is what everybody expected (as in no change), but it is further proof that RBK isn't screwing up jerseys, the teams themselves are.

I think this one is what everybody expected (as in no change), but it is further proof that RBK isn't screwing up jerseys, the teams themselves are.

I remember reading somewhere that the only teams that would "allowed by rbk" to keep their jerseys or go to a vintage one with traditional designs (horizontal stripes, hemlines, etc.) were the Original 6 teams (and maybe the Devils), and that everyone else would change. But that was a while ago, and I seriously doubt that.

I don't see the point in changing. Some teams might argue that it'll bring in more money, but only for the first year or so. Change just for the sake of changing is never a good thing, and NHL jerseys are one example.

haha, that's brilliant...

Another stupid exploding through a hockey rink sort of design...

4b67_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Florida-Panthers-Jerse...1QQcmdZViewItem

hah

I saw that one while looking at some Panther jerseys, found a few others like that one for other teams too.

The Flyers just like the Sharks are taking preorders for the new jersey sight unseen.

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...ge&id=12876

I know that there are people who are interested in buying these, but me personally I would want to see what it is gonna look like before I dropped that kind of money on a preorder.

Another Canucks leak or is it real?

0810071348es1.jpg

My guess is fake, the one thing I have heard is that the Orca logo will likely be incorporated into the new jersey so that eliminates this one as an option.

Frankly, I don't think the Canucks franchise would have the balls to bring back the 'Star Wars' jersey. That alone tells me it's a Photoshop job.

EA may have leaked another one, this time the Sens logo. This is an alleged screenshot from NHL 08 that shows off what would appear to be a new-ish logo for the Sens.

Screenshot

That Sens logo has been out for about a month, even found on the Sens web page by accident before being taken down (in one of the NHL shop ads), the Canucks is a fake. Thats just the CCM Vintage line jersey (look at the neck tag) with an NHL logo photoshopped in the collar. Someone posted a picture of one of the new draft hats updated in the old blue and green with a silver/blue version of the Canucks logo that someone bought at a store in Florida. That appears to be legit just becuase how authentic the photo is, and those were the changes being suggested all along.

I don't know if this has been brought up, but there's a hidden SJ in the new sharks logo. It's pretty sweet.

I doubt I would have noticed without the orange highlighting the SJ. They should have brought that front and center in the logo. It would have justified the use of orange a little more. :mellow:

After doing a lot of looking around today for random things, I found a website that has posted a lot of dates that teams will be releasing their new logo/jerseys.

August 22: Ottawa

August 25: Tampa Bay

August 29: Vancouver

September 4: Calgary

September 13: Atlanta

September 14: Dallas

September 16: Philadelphia, Carolina

September 17: Edmonton

http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/ is the site where I got all this info.

After doing a lot of looking around today for random things, I found a website that has posted a lot of dates that teams will be releasing their new logo/jerseys.

August 22: Ottawa

August 25: Tampa Bay

August 29: Vancouver

September 4: Calgary

September 13: Atlanta

September 14: Dallas

September 16: Philadelphia, Carolina

September 17: Edmonton

http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/ is the site where I got all this info.

Good find lafountain and thanks for posting this. This will give us all something to look towards in the coming days. I've been very curious trying to find out when the new jerseys are coming out.

As for the new Wings jersey. I'm really happy they didn't change this one, as I'm in the group that thinks the Wings have one of the best all time jerseys.

According to the Senators website, http://www2.ottawasenators.com/eng/insider...era/index2.html

The unveiling will be at 6:15 in the early evening on the 22nd, so in addition to the date we now have a time to look forward to.