The New Jerseys

lafountain

Anybody see the ######'s Sporting Goods commercial for the new EDGE jerseys? It's got Crosby and Ovechkin each separately doing drills and then a description of the jersey itself. I'm wondering what the odds are that one would find an actual 'authentic' jersey at ######'s though.

EDIT: D-OH!! The filter edits out D-I-C-K's!

Online you can but in the store, doubtful.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheechoo played here in Cleveland when the Sharks had their AHL team here for 5 years-which was a total disaster. That may be part of the reason I despise the Sharks' new look, but not the main or only reason. Anyways, they gave away a 2-sided bobblehead of him, 1 side Sharks, 1 side Barons. Pretty cool. It's always great to see someone that I watched in the minors go on to stardom in the NHL.

Were they ever the Lumberjacks as a Sharks affiliate? I liked the Lumberjacks jerseys in the late 90s with the sawblade. Those looked neat and unique.

Were they ever the Lumberjacks as a Sharks affiliate? I liked the Lumberjacks jerseys in the late 90s with the sawblade. Those looked neat and unique.

No, the Barons were owned by the Sharks and moved into Gund Arena after the 'Jacks and the IHL went under. The IHL actually ran the 'Jacks from February-May of 2001 to prevent them from folding. The 'Jacks were affiliated with Pittsburgh, Tampa, Chicago, and Minnesota. However, the season that they were the Blackhawks team, the Sharks sent Nabokov to Cleveland, something that the Blackhawks hated. That affiliation lasted one year 99-00. The Wild in their expansion year 00-01 were affiliated with Cleveland. I have a game-worn from the final season, #40 Peter Bartos. That may have been his only season in North America. I got it from the "shirts off their backs" promotion at the final RS home game. We weren't able to get the jerseys until after the playoffs, as these were their only set. It is beat to hell. I went down to the Arena to get it in person. One week later, the team, and the IHL, were history.

One week later, the team, and the IHL, were history.

I have a similar story. I got some jerseys from the trainers from a touring Czechoslovakian National team, and one week later the country was history. I was kind of hoping they'd change the flag, since it was the main crest of one of the jerseys, to make my jerseys obsolete and perhaps more collectable, but the Czechs kept their flag the same.

Pretty cool winning a game worn jersey like that. I've gone to the final Wild game 3 times hoping for just that, but my odds are 1 in 18,000, so so far no luck. It was pretty funny last year watching this delicate young girl not only win Niklas Backstrom's size 60G soaking wet, foul smelling circus tent of a jersey, but then being forced to put it on for a picture with all the other winners. She was clearly not pleased with that aspect of her victory!

No, the Barons were owned by the Sharks and moved into Gund Arena after the 'Jacks and the IHL went under. The IHL actually ran the 'Jacks from February-May of 2001 to prevent them from folding. The 'Jacks were affiliated with Pittsburgh, Tampa, Chicago, and Minnesota. However, the season that they were the Blackhawks team, the Sharks sent Nabokov to Cleveland, something that the Blackhawks hated. That affiliation lasted one year 99-00. The Wild in their expansion year 00-01 were affiliated with Cleveland. I have a game-worn from the final season, #40 Peter Bartos. That may have been his only season in North America. I got it from the "shirts off their backs" promotion at the final RS home game. We weren't able to get the jerseys until after the playoffs, as these were their only set. It is beat to hell. I went down to the Arena to get it in person. One week later, the team, and the IHL, were history.

Yeah I'm all too familiar with the IHL and was furious when the Chicago Blackhawks started sending their players away from Indianapolis. The Blackhawks were becoming a bad joke around that time. When they started sending their top prospects to Portland in the AHL, the Ice days in the IHL were numbered. I've hated the Blackhawks since and have only just recently started to soften that hatred when I went to a Hawks game in Chicago. I always blamed them (and the Ice owner) for the team moving to the CHL, where they lost regional rivalries like Ft. Wayne (who went to the UHL), Cincinnati, Cleveland, Grand Rapids, and Kalamazoo for rivalries with teams in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. It just wasn't the same not having the opposing teams fans come out in numbers (which not only translated into bigger crowds) and I can remember a lot of fun bickering with Ft. Wayne and Cincinnati fans. I always thought the IHL was doomed when the Chicago Wolves came into the league, Los Angeles got a team, and the Salt Lake City Golden Eagles went to Detroit. Cleveland was like Indianapolis, Kansas City, Cincinnati, and Milwaukee to me, perfect for the IHL. I always thought the I just got way too big way too fast and paid for it. I didn't even realize that Muskegon had moved to Cleveland until mid-season. We had beaten the Muskegon Lumberjacks for the Turner Cup in 89-90. I think you guys even had Martin St. Louis up there for a time didn't you? I would've loved to have seen Nabokov come through Indianapolis for a game. Those were the days!

I have a similar story. I got some jerseys from the trainers from a touring Czechoslovakian National team, and one week later the country was history. I was kind of hoping they'd change the flag, since it was the main crest of one of the jerseys, to make my jerseys obsolete and perhaps more collectable, but the Czechs kept their flag the same.

Pretty cool winning a game worn jersey like that. I've gone to the final Wild game 3 times hoping for just that, but my odds are 1 in 18,000, so so far no luck. It was pretty funny last year watching this delicate young girl not only win Niklas Backstrom's size 60G soaking wet, foul smelling circus tent of a jersey, but then being forced to put it on for a picture with all the other winners. She was clearly not pleased with that aspect of her victory!

We didn't have to put them on, but yes it smelled awful, just what you would expect. It was laundered when I got it. I feel sorry for that girl, yuck!

Yeah I'm all too familiar with the IHL and was furious when the Chicago Blackhawks started sending their players away from Indianapolis. The Blackhawks were becoming a bad joke around that time. When they started sending their top prospects to Portland in the AHL, the Ice days in the IHL were numbered. I've hated the Blackhawks since and have only just recently started to soften that hatred when I went to a Hawks game in Chicago. I always blamed them (and the Ice owner) for the team moving to the CHL, where they lost regional rivalries like Ft. Wayne (who went to the UHL), Cincinnati, Cleveland, Grand Rapids, and Kalamazoo for rivalries with teams in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. It just wasn't the same not having the opposing teams fans come out in numbers (which not only translated into bigger crowds) and I can remember a lot of fun bickering with Ft. Wayne and Cincinnati fans. I always thought the IHL was doomed when the Chicago Wolves came into the league, Los Angeles got a team, and the Salt Lake City Golden Eagles went to Detroit. Cleveland was like Indianapolis, Kansas City, Cincinnati, and Milwaukee to me, perfect for the IHL. I always thought the I just got way too big way too fast and paid for it. I didn't even realize that Muskegon had moved to Cleveland until mid-season. We had beaten the Muskegon Lumberjacks for the Turner Cup in 89-90. I think you guys even had Martin St. Louis up there for a time didn't you? I would've loved to have seen Nabokov come through Indianapolis for a game. Those were the days!

Martin St.Louis and Eric Perrin were signed by the Lumberjacks out of Vermont. Mid-way through the season, Calgary bought St. Louis' contract and sent him the Saint John of the AHL.

In 1995 the San Diego Gulls moved to the LA Sports Arena, quite possibly the biggest toilet in sports, to become the Ice Dogs, and David Passant spent $6,000,000 for a team in San Francisco called the Spiders to play out of the Cow Palace in Daly City. After two weeks of the season, it became apparent that these were huge mistakes. Despite a good TV contract and ad deal with SportsChannel Bay Area, a poor lease and outrageous spending caused a reported $6,000,000 loss that year for the Spiders, and they folded after 1 year. The owners of the IceDogs, the Comries of the Brick chain of stores in Canada, had to sell their best player to Orlando, and the team to Barry Kemp, creater of the show Coach. The team was moved to the Long Beach Arena, becoming the Long Beach Ice Dogs, staying in the I until switching to the WCHL after a few seasons. The best legacy of the teams were their jerseys. The Ice Dogs are my avatar. It's an authentic Bauer sz52. I love that jersey. I have an authentic Spiders, black Bauer sz 48. Awesome design. The crests for both are padded, and the eyes of the Spider are a gold-colored plastic.

Martin St.Louis and Eric Perrin were signed by the Lumberjacks out of Vermont. Mid-way through the season, Calgary bought St. Louis' contract and sent him the Saint John of the AHL.

In 1995 the San Diego Gulls moved to the LA Sports Arena, quite possibly the biggest toilet in sports, to become the Ice Dogs, and David Passant spent $6,000,000 for a team in San Francisco called the Spiders to play out of the Cow Palace in Daly City. After two weeks of the season, it became apparent that these were huge mistakes. Despite a good TV contract and ad deal with SportsChannel Bay Area, a poor lease and outrageous spending caused a reported $6,000,000 loss that year for the Spiders, and they folded after 1 year. The owners of the IceDogs, the Comries of the Brick chain of stores in Canada, had to sell their best player to Orlando, and the team to Barry Kemp, creater of the show Coach. The team was moved to the Long Beach Arena, becoming the Long Beach Ice Dogs, staying in the I until switching to the WCHL after a few seasons. The best legacy of the teams were their jerseys. The Ice Dogs are my avatar. It's an authentic Bauer sz52. I love that jersey. I have an authentic Spiders, black Bauer sz 48. Awesome design. The crests for both are padded, and the eyes of the Spider are a gold-colored plastic.

Barry Kemp, there is a name that I remember. He managed to own two teams in the WCHL at the same time. He owned the Ice Dogs and the Tacoma Sabercats. My second year here in Idaho (2001/2002 Season), he announced that he was folding the Sabercats due to losses and to focus on the Ice Dogs. Tacoma made it to the Conference Finals that year against Idaho and Kemp refused to rent the Tacoma Dome for any games that series so Tacoma had to play all 5 games in Boise against the Steelheads. Tacoma had fans make the trip for the 5 games that ended up being played and I remember after the game the ovation that the Steelhead fans gave to the Sabercats and to the fans that made the trip.

Comries of the Brick chain of stores in Canada...is that the same family of Mike Comrie? I've heard stories his family had money. I remember that Ice Dogs jersey as well. We didn't get them too much out in Indianapolis. I have an authentic Bauer 52 Indianapolis Ice road jersey from 94-96 time frame. That was one of my favorites of all time and I missed it once they got rid of it. The Spiders jersey was pretty interesting as well. I think Sandis Ozolinsh played their for awhile during 95-96.

The Ice played in Market Square Arena, which was also home of the Indiana Pacers and a pretty nice place for hockey in my opinion. They were losing money there as they could never really get a full house and ultimately moved back to the State Fairgrounds Coliseum, which was literally a big old barn. The USHL Indiana Ice still play there to this day. Its a pretty neat atmosphere for hockey and kinda reminiscent of the older days of minor league hockey. It is horribly dated however, as you look up into the ceiling and can see small holes (I've even been rained on in there). Once Market Square Arena was empty and the Conseco Fieldhouse opened up, occasionally the Ice will play there, which is a much more major league atmosphere. They have consistently had record numbers of crowds for their "pack the house" night which benefits Indy charities. There was still nothing quite like going to the Coliseum in the middle of winter (with snow and even ice on a few occasions) on the roads and the air chilly.

We had Dominik Hasek, Todd White, Mike Peluso, Darren Pang, Bruce Cassidy (former Caps coach), Dan Cleary, among others all played for the Ice over the course of their IHL existence. Wayne Gretzky played for the old Indianapolis Racers and went to Broad Ripple High School while he was there. I used to play hockey against the son and nephew of a guy who was involved in the Gretzky to Edmonton trade. I think even Mark Messier played in Indy for a short time before the Racers franchise folded. The Checkers also had numerous players from the Islander days come through, Kelly Hrudey is the only name that I remember offhand. There have really been some pretty interesting names who have come through as well, Terry Sawchuk is another. I loved the IHL because you always had a chance to seem some NHLers or ex-NHLers come through for a game.

both of those suck! i have a somewhat similar story to both of those, but i guess this looks even worse for me and i had more control over it than you guys did.

being a rangers fan, i noticed the play of corey hirsch playing in binghampton rather quickly (hes the canadian goalie who lost in the 94 gold metal game), i thought he was the next best thing since slice bread so as soon as he got called up in early 1993, i got a rangers corey hirsch jersey. figured it was a good investment and this kid who put up huge numbers in the ahl would be a ranger for a long time. well, in that 92-93 season, he got called up twice, first time he played well, second time not at all. penguin fans probably remember him giving up 5 goals in a late season flop. well, he is never heard from again in ranger land after having another good season or two in the ahl, became a journeyman and never ended up putting anything close to his ahl numbers in another other league in the world.

the good thing, the binghampton rangers had the exact same jerseys and the ny rangers. bad thing, i have a 100 year stanley cup patch on it.

if youre reading this asking who the hell corey hirsch i/was, exactly my point!

Comries of the Brick chain of stores in Canada...is that the same family of Mike Comrie? I've heard stories his family had money. I remember that Ice Dogs jersey as well. We didn't get them too much out in Indianapolis. I have an authentic Bauer 52 Indianapolis Ice road jersey from 94-96 time frame. That was one of my favorites of all time and I missed it once they got rid of it. The Spiders jersey was pretty interesting as well. I think Sandis Ozolinsh played their for awhile during 95-96.

The Ice played in Market Square Arena, which was also home of the Indiana Pacers and a pretty nice place for hockey in my opinion. They were losing money there as they could never really get a full house and ultimately moved back to the State Fairgrounds Coliseum, which was literally a big old barn. The USHL Indiana Ice still play there to this day. Its a pretty neat atmosphere for hockey and kinda reminiscent of the older days of minor league hockey. It is horribly dated however, as you look up into the ceiling and can see small holes (I've even been rained on in there). Once Market Square Arena was empty and the Conseco Fieldhouse opened up, occasionally the Ice will play there, which is a much more major league atmosphere. They have consistently had record numbers of crowds for their "pack the house" night which benefits Indy charities. There was still nothing quite like going to the Coliseum in the middle of winter (with snow and even ice on a few occasions) on the roads and the air chilly.

We had Dominik Hasek, Todd White, Mike Peluso, Darren Pang, Bruce Cassidy (former Caps coach), Dan Cleary, among others all played for the Ice over the course of their IHL existence. Wayne Gretzky played for the old Indianapolis Racers and went to Broad Ripple High School while he was there. I used to play hockey against the son and nephew of a guy who was involved in the Gretzky to Edmonton trade. I think even Mark Messier played in Indy for a short time before the Racers franchise folded. The Checkers also had numerous players from the Islander days come through, Kelly Hrudey is the only name that I remember offhand. There have really been some pretty interesting names who have come through as well, Terry Sawchuk is another. I loved the IHL because you always had a chance to seem some NHLers or ex-NHLers come through for a game.

It's always good to talk with ex-IHL fans. I feel like we're hockey refugees.

In 1992, the first season for the 'Jacks in Cleveland, they had three games on local TV. One of the games was around Christmas of that year from the Fairgrounds Coliseum (was it called Pepsi at that time?). I remember a huge ice surface, with a ton of space behind the net. Is it still that way? The pressbox for the TV crew was behind one of the nets.

It's always good to talk with ex-IHL fans. I feel like we're hockey refugees.

In 1992, the first season for the 'Jacks in Cleveland, they had three games on local TV. One of the games was around Christmas of that year from the Fairgrounds Coliseum (was it called Pepsi at that time?). I remember a huge ice surface, with a ton of space behind the net. Is it still that way? The pressbox for the TV crew was behind one of the nets.

Yup, its still called the Pepsi Coliseum, I have always referred to it as the Fairgrounds Coliseum or the Coliseum. The ice was enormous and really a neat place to play at (I played youth hockey there). It was home to many great games and as far as I know (its been about 4 years since I've seen a game there), it hasn't changed. I miss the IHL immensely and its fun when I see a former IHLer come through Phoenix to play either for or against the Coyotes. Kevyn Adams, who played with Grand Rapids, was here last year and a great guy. I was also thrilled to see Darren Pang doing commentating for the Coyotes. Todd White was one of my personal faves, as he had a huge rookie year in Indy (I think he's even still a Colts fan, which is funny to me because he played there before the Peyton Manning days), and I know Alexei Yashin, Radek Bonk, Ruslan Salei, Petr Sykora, Miroslav Satan, et. al, all played in the IHL and came through Indy.

IHL fans are hockey refuges, man I miss that league to this day.

• 4 weeks later...

I kinda miss the IHL. I recall watching Sean Burke play for the San Diego Gulls, Alexei Yashin, Radek Bonk (name spelled backwards is knob), Pokey Reddick, Clint Malarchuk and Curtis Joseph play for the Las Vegas Thunder, Sandis Ozolinsh play for the San Francisco Spiders, Rod Brind'Amour play for the Peoria Rivermen, Ziggy Palffy play for the Salt Lake Golden Eagles in those jerseys whose bottom half looked like the front of a bird, Arturs Irbe play for the Kansas City Blades (Sharks farm team) and the Russian Penguins touring the IHL in 1993. Their goaltender was Nikolai Khabibulin, who would be watching with the Coyotes a few years later, that was surreal. I'm sure I'm forgetting other memorable players. The IHL was really looking good during the NHL lockout in 1994-95, ESPN even carried games. When the lockout ended, the Kings gutted the Roadrunners of Yanic Perreault and Rob Brown and the Roadrunners' season went pretty sour.

I liked the IHL so much that I had this computer game with 386-quality graphics, Hockey League Simulator II, that I created all the IHL players/rosters for it and played the game a lot during that lockout.

I kinda miss the IHL. I recall watching Sean Burke play for the San Diego Gulls, Alexei Yashin, Radek Bonk (name spelled backwards is knob), Pokey Reddick, Clint Malarchuk and Curtis Joseph play for the Las Vegas Thunder, Sandis Ozolinsh play for the San Francisco Spiders, Rod Brind'Amour play for the Peoria Rivermen, Ziggy Palffy play for the Salt Lake Golden Eagles in those jerseys whose bottom half looked like the front of a bird, Arturs Irbe play for the Kansas City Blades (Sharks farm team) and the Russian Penguins touring the IHL in 1993. Their goaltender was Nikolai Khabibulin, who would be watching with the Coyotes a few years later, that was surreal. I'm sure I'm forgetting other memorable players. The IHL was really looking good during the NHL lockout in 1994-95, ESPN even carried games. When the lockout ended, the Kings gutted the Roadrunners of Yanic Perreault and Rob Brown and the Roadrunners' season went pretty sour.

I liked the IHL so much that I had this computer game with 386-quality graphics, Hockey League Simulator II, that I created all the IHL players/rosters for it and played the game a lot during that lockout.

The Thunder signed Bonk when he was 17 years old. He was projected to be a top pick in the 1994 NHL draft, and the Florida Panthers had the #1 pick. Bobby Clarke was the Panther's GM at the time and when Las Vegas came to Cleveland (Richfield), Clarke and the Panther's brain trust was there. I bought a Panther's puck and got Clarke's signature on it, which I still have. Bonk slipped in the draft and went to Ottawa, and Clarke soon went back to Philadelphia. Peter Sykora played in Cleveland and Detroit as an underager also. I do miss the IHL. It was a lot of fun, but their business plan, or lack there of, was their downfall.

Btw, Khabibulin played for the Long Beach Ice Dogs while he was a hold-out from the Coyotes.

17 pics of one jersey - that isn't even customized?! Cripes, what a narcissist. <_<

I thinking of getting one (maybe) and I wanted to see privately taken pictures of some of the jerseys features (stitching, materials..) etc.

If I wear a 56 in a 2006 and prior jersey XXL... will it be tight on me?

you should read the posts in other threads first before starting a new topic.

Brilliant edit: Good call. Taken care of.

I got a 52 in the new edge, because I heard they were running tight. I usually wear a 46 perfectly (sorry, can't tell you what that is in replica), and it seems like a 50 would have fit me perfectly. More than anything, it's a little long overall, and the sleeves are a little long. But it is much more form fitting, especially in the arms. No more floppy arms. I posted some pictures of my jersey in another thread BlueShirts, but would it help if I put in on and took some pictures that way?

I got a 52 in the new edge, because I heard they were running tight. ...

...but would it help if I put in on and took some pictures that way?

That would be interesting for me. What's your height? I´m only 5'8 and regularly wear size 52

I got a 52 in the new edge, because I heard they were running tight. I usually wear a 46 perfectly (sorry, can't tell you what that is in replica), and it seems like a 50 would have fit me perfectly. More than anything, it's a little long overall, and the sleeves are a little long. But it is much more form fitting, especially in the arms. No more floppy arms. I posted some pictures of my jersey in another thread BlueShirts, but would it help if I put in on and took some pictures that way?

Yes, actually it would help a lot.

I appreciate seeing pics like this because I can't find one anywhere to look at try on so I'm trying to gather as much info as possible. I usually wear 52 in the 6100 authentics and I was recommended to get 54 as I like to have a light sweater on underneath my jersey.

Can't believe how bloody see-through the back of that jersey is, you can see the CCM tag? Supposed to be a jersey not lingerie :unsure: