The New Jerseys

lafountain

I'm 5'8, about 200 lbs (yeah, a lil' overweight, but beers at the game will do that to ya). I'll take some pictures later tonight then.

I should clarify a lil. I wear a 46 in the 6100 authentics, but that's with nothing but a short sleeve t-shirt under it. It's hot here in Tampa Bay, so one layer is really more than enough. The 46 seems to fit much better than the 52, but with something under it, it might be a tighter fit. Still very long though.

I'll get a few jerseys out and take some pictures tonight, some on me and some laid out. I'll put a 52 RBK edge against my old 6100 Authentics 52 for comparison sake and try both on for some spread eagle comparisons. When I was ordering mine, I had very little photo evidence to go on with the jerseys just having come out when I ordered, that sort of thing would have helped me tremendously. Instead, I think I overcompensated with the 52 in Edge, the 50 would have been fine I'm pretty sure. Everyone saying OMG they're so form fitting!!!! made me panic a little, and order a lil' too big.

Anyway, watch this thread for pictures soon. I think they'll help quite a bit.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 5'8, about 200 lbs (yeah, a lil' overweight, but beers at the game will do that to ya). I'll take some pictures later tonight then.

I should clarify a lil. I wear a 46 in the 6100 authentics, but that's with nothing but a short sleeve t-shirt under it. It's hot here in Tampa Bay, so one layer is really more than enough. The 46 seems to fit much better than the 52, but with something under it, it might be a tighter fit. Still very long though.

I'll get a few jerseys out and take some pictures tonight, some on me and some laid out. I'll put a 52 RBK edge against my old 6100 Authentics 52 for comparison sake and try both on for some spread eagle comparisons. When I was ordering mine, I had very little photo evidence to go on with the jerseys just having come out when I ordered, that sort of thing would have helped me tremendously. Instead, I think I overcompensated with the 52 in Edge, the 50 would have been fine I'm pretty sure. Everyone saying OMG they're so form fitting!!!! made me panic a little, and order a lil' too big.

Anyway, watch this thread for pictures soon. I think they'll help quite a bit.

hah... I wish I wore a sz. 46... I wear a 56.. but hey, that's what the GYM is for... :stickhndl:

I'm not super-thrilled with how the pictures of me wearing them came out (standing there to set the timer screwed the focus up), so I'm getting my girlfriend to take some of me later tonight in the two. In the meantime, here's two pictures that don't completely suck (and please excuse that stain on the bed, I eat while I watch tv, it didn't show up without the flash, comforter is in the wash now! lol). Keep this in mind. Both are size 52, full authentics, the St. Louis white is a CCM, while the 19 Edge is obviously a RBK (which I bought right here at IJ!)

First, a mediocre shot of the Edge on a old 6100 authentic. Not having an overhead light in this room is a pain.

img1704bw9.jpg

Here's the difference on the hemline.

img1708lz3.jpg

And here's a shot of the two sleeves.

img1709vu7.jpg

Like I said, watch this thread for an update later tonight with what they look like on, side by side. If there's any shots you think might help a lot I might not think of, let me know and I'll gladly take them. Once again, I wish someone had shown me the difference side by side before I bought...but I'm very happy with my new RBK edge.

It's definitely not your eyes. The arms are considerably tighter than the old 6100s. Especially in the armpit/underarm region where the 6100s always had room to spare.

I have 2 Edge's and I went with 54. I usually like a size 52 with the 6100's. The 54 Edge seems tighter than the 52 6100, though not unbearable. The Premier replicas that I have, six, are all XL, and they fit similar to the XL 550's, except for the sleeves.

I have 2 Edge's and I went with 54. I usually like a size 52 with the 6100's. The 54 Edge seems tighter than the 52 6100, though not unbearable. The Premier replicas that I have, six, are all XL, and they fit similar to the XL 550's, except for the sleeves.

I have a XXL rangers liberty, and home replica.. and they fit very nicely. Im thinking of maybe buying an edge authentic.. now would a 56 fit like my XXL replica from last year? I dont want to look HUGE while wearing it lol.. I can always return it.. I REFUSE to buy a sz 60.. that is ridiculous even if it would fit me better..

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not super-thrilled with how the pictures of me wearing them came out (standing there to set the timer screwed the focus up), so I'm getting my girlfriend to take some of me later tonight in the two. In the meantime, here's two pictures that don't completely suck (and please excuse that stain on the bed, I eat while I watch tv, it didn't show up without the flash, comforter is in the wash now! lol). Keep this in mind. Both are size 52, full authentics, the St. Louis white is a CCM, while the 19 Edge is obviously a RBK (which I bought right here at IJ!)

First, a mediocre shot of the Edge on a old 6100 authentic. Not having an overhead light in this room is a pain.

img1704bw9.jpg

Here's the difference on the hemline.

img1708lz3.jpg

And here's a shot of the two sleeves.

img1709vu7.jpg

Like I said, watch this thread for an update later tonight with what they look like on, side by side. If there's any shots you think might help a lot I might not think of, let me know and I'll gladly take them. Once again, I wish someone had shown me the difference side by side before I bought...but I'm very happy with my new RBK edge.

When I look at pictures of Lecavalier, I noticed the "A" got a little bit smaller. Am I wrong?

I still can't get over the length of the sleeves in the premier replicas. The XL sleeves almost fit me better, but overall I liked the openness of the XXL in regards to the torso.

I've been wearing my size 54 Edge AHL Lake Erie road jersey to the games recently. The 54 fits well, except that the sleeves are incredibly long. I wear a 35 sleeve in dress shirts, but the sleeves on the Edge seem much longer than any 6100 that I have. The XL premier replicas I have, Lake Erie, Columbus and Vancouver, seem to fit well, like the 550's, and the sleeves seem OK to me

I've been wearing my size 54 Edge AHL Lake Erie road jersey to the games recently. The 54 fits well, except that the sleeves are incredibly long. I wear a 35 sleeve in dress shirts, but the sleeves on the Edge seem much longer than any 6100 that I have. The XL premier replicas I have, Lake Erie, Columbus and Vancouver, seem to fit well, like the 550's, and the sleeves seem OK to me

Crap, I went with size 54 and I have a 35 sleeve length on my dress shirts. So how long do you figure?

Maybe if you could take a measurement in inches from shoulder down to end of sleeve, and then if we can get somebody with a size 52 to do the same. I'd love to see the difference. Maybe even size 52 6100 jersey vs size 54 edge sleeve length.

Crap, I went with size 54 and I have a 35 sleeve length on my dress shirts. So how long do you figure?

Maybe if you could take a measurement in inches from shoulder down to end of sleeve, and then if we can get somebody with a size 52 to do the same. I'd love to see the difference. Maybe even size 52 6100 jersey vs size 54 edge sleeve length.

Very un-scientific experiment. I measured two size 52 6100's, a Koho 2000 CBJ blue, and a 2003 Koho CBJ Third(the closest jerseys handy). From the collar down to the end of the left sleeve 32 1/4 and 32 1'2 inches. I measured my two LEM Reebok Edges the same way, 35 1/4 inches. My size 58 Switzerland 2002 White Nike authentic measures 34 1/4 inches, and this is the biggest jersey I own. I just used a tape measure. Maybe this weekend I'll see if I have a cloth tape and see if any of the other 6100's are different. I may also try Starter, ProPlayer, Bauer, SP, and Nike authentics.

The size discrepancies on the sleeves of the Tampa Bay jerseys are highly noticeable! I would like to try one of the Edge premier replicas or the authentics themselves in a game just to see how they actually feel during a game.

The one new Edge jersey that's growing on me is the Dallas Stars black one. I hated it at first, but the more I look at it, it reminds me of the last Minnesota North Stars jersey and the original Dallas Stars jerseys and looks sharp. I'd love to see the logo on the front instead of Dallas and the number but its not as bad as I originally thought. I would like to see more green on there.

63d8_1_sbol.JPG

Outside of the shoulder logos, they completely abandoned the color green on these. It looks a bit naked without a number in front. I saw one at Just Sports and thought it wasn't as bad as I originally did. I wouldn't buy one for obvious reasons. I liked the old star pattern so much better.

Outside of the shoulder logos, they completely abandoned the color green on these. It looks a bit naked without a number in front. I saw one at Just Sports and thought it wasn't as bad as I originally did. I wouldn't buy one for obvious reasons. I liked the old star pattern so much better.

I never noticed they completely abandoned green outside of the shoulder logo until you mentioned it. The green trim would make it look a lot better.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get it I thought these jerseys were supposed to repel not collect...???

Well I'll get to judge these things for myself soon, finally nabbed an authentic Atlanta Thrashers Away jersey off Ebay. Looking forward to getting it and sending it in to get Enstrom put on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Let me start off by saying this post is not a shot at icejerseys or any other retailer of hockey jerseys but more of an observation I noticed.

If you happen to be a fan of a somewhat obscure player (IE Sanford in Vancouver or any other lesser known player), and you decide that you want an authentic jersey of that player to order the jersey and to have it customized it will run you about $330. I looked at Meigray to see what some of this years jerseys were going for and to get those lesser known players it would cost you $350 - $395 + shipping. So in the off chance that you ever considered getting a Mark Popovic Thrashers jersey which route would you go? Customize an authentic for $330 or buy a game worn for $350? If it happens to be a Game Issued but not worn jersey on the other hand you could get it for around $250 for that same player.

Though going customized I would be able to get my size, but if I am a big fan of the player I would probably go the Game Worn route.

I know icejerseys and the other retailers did not establish the pricing, but this just seemed kind of funny to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about 6'2" 235 lbs and usually preferred a 52 in the previous authentics. I've been trying to figure out what size authentic I may go for as I'm debating on my next Avs jersey being an authentic. But, I did get a chance to try on an authentic Coyotes jersey today in a size 56 and it fit perfect for me. But, I tend to prefer my jerseys to be baggier, so I would probably want a 60. To me, it felt like it retains heat rather well.

I don't pick up on this heat issue, I think if you wore it while jogging on the treadmill then yes. For ordinary wear, no it's just a skinny jersey, I wear a thick sweater under mine and it's cooler then wearing the baggy 6100.

Regarding size 60, careful as the jersey may be baggy but with the length plus sleeves you might be swimming. If 56 was a good fit stick with it.

I don't pick up on this heat issue, I think if you wore it while jogging on the treadmill then yes. For ordinary wear, no it's just a skinny jersey, I wear a thick sweater under mine and it's cooler then wearing the baggy 6100.

Regarding size 60, careful as the jersey may be baggy but with the length plus sleeves you might be swimming. If 56 was a good fit stick with it.

I'm gonna take your advice on that one. I don't really want to risk looking into one that is going to be way too big. I was actually quite surprised with how well the 56 fit me. They didn't have a 60, so not being able to try that one on will be a hangup. As much as I like mine loose, I don't want one where its going to look like I'm wearing a smock. I'm looking towards making an Avalanche one my next big purchase jersey-wise, but its going to be awhile down the road. As for the heat issue, to me the fabric kinda felt as heavy as the previous authentic's fabric did.