Newbie Looking for Help w Steve Yzerman Jersey

Bonko9

Hey everyone, I am not a “jersey collector” but I am looking to get a new Red Wings Steve Yzerman Jersey. I’ve been researching a little bit and came across Hockey Authentic out of Canada. They look like they do a fantastic job and I’m definitely interested in doing business with them. I was hoping for any input from all of you if you have had any experiences with them? Were they good? Bad? I’ve read through several threads on this forum and I keep hearing about EPS. What is EPS? I can’t believe all of the stuff I am learning on here that I never even thought of doing. Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated. 

First point I'll make is that most collectors here wouldn't *approve* getting a new Adidas jersey with Yzerman on it as he never wore that style of jersey; myself included. However if that doesn't bother you and you want the Adidas Adizero then I'd recommend Vintage Detroit Collection on Michigan Ave as their customisation is spot on, and they're great to deal with.

If you want to be "accurate" then he wore CCM, Koho, Nike and the first incarnation of the Reebok jerseys called 6100s. There are plenty of these options on the second hand market at any given time but beware of the fakes that litter eBay.

EPS are a customiser, typically people send blanks to them to be customised as they do a number of NHL teams.

Edited by redwingsdownunder

Most here buy jerseys from eBay because that's where (if you are diligent and patient) you will find the best deals. 
EPS is a customizer - if you buy a blank jersey you can send it to EPS to have a name and number added 

EPS (Exclusive Pro Sports) in Rockford is good. Depending on where you're located, we could probably provide some other good options for a "simple" kit like Detroit.

I third the other guys that eBay is good if you want a to make a period-accurate Yzerman. Most here would go that route versus an Adizero. You can post legit checks here in the "good or not" thread and we'll help out.

Be careful though.  You say you're not a "jersey collector", but jerseys are like tattoos...once you get one, you're more likely to get 20.  Next thing you know you'll be strung out on 8 Mile trying to score a game-used Uwe Krupp jersey...that's serious.

I have plenty of Wings Jerseys. I normally would just buy one off eBay  or go to HockeyTown Authentics and get the real deal there. I’m not looking to drop $400-$500 on a jersey this time around. I figure I will go the route of trying to find a blank and take it in to get done like I used to back in the day. I’m reading all of these threads and I can’t believe everything that goes into this. 

Not sure your size, but there are some currently on eBay:

red blank ccm 54

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323967326124

If you want a 75th anniversary patch jersey, and want it to be period correct, you’d need to find a CCM 

set up saved searches on eBay. You can get text/email alerts if you want or just check the saved search whenever you want. That’s what I do. Probably have 15-20 different searches saved 

Edited by mdwsta4

2 hours ago, Bonko9 said:

HockeyTown Authentics and get the real deal there. 

FYI HockeyTown Authentics have been known to do incorrect customisation if you're a stickler for that kind of thing. They've put nameplates on jerseys for example.

2 hours ago, Bonko9 said:

I want to do an Yzerman Jersey from 90-93 with a 75th anniversary patch 

As @mdwsta4 said you'll need a CCM with the black and orange NHL shield on the hem. The eBay link above is accurate. The silver and black NHL shield on the hem is a later incarnation of CCM jerseys after the Wings used Nike for a few years.

3 hours ago, Bonko9 said:

I’m probably going to see what I can find on eBay and take the Jersey to Sports Haven. 

Just my experiences however Sports Haven can be a bit slow and Vintage Detroit Collection do indistinguishable customisation for Wings home / away jerseys. If it's just the one jersey you'll get it back same day in most instances from VDC.

I checked out Vintage Detroit last week and they didn’t have my size which is a XXL. They had every other size but I’m afraid to go bigger because I don’t want to take a chance of it being massive on me. Hockey Town Authentics I bought a Lidstrom jersey years ago from there and there wasn’t a name plate on then.  I’m a stickler for the right font and I’m definitely aware of them having name plates or not. I went through a lot of what Jersey Baron has to offer on eBay and he has a lot of awesome jerseys except they are all Reebok. Anyone know of any other sellers I should check out?