To Swift or not to Swift?

River City Sports is having that big sale on Nike Swifts right now and I'm trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on one or more or not. I'm obviously a huge Sakic fan, so I could go with Canada. Other options would be a USA Liles or a Czech Hejduk. Decisions, decisions.

I like my jerseys on the big side. I am 6'4", 250. I wear a 56 in the 6100s and they fit me the best. That's my preference as far as fitting. I bought a 2007 All Star jersey in a size 60 and it's just alright. I definitely prefer the 6100s right now.

Are the Swifts built a lot like the new Edges? Would those of you who have had experience in 6100s, Edges, and Swifts think I would be happy with a size 64 Swift?

Let me know if I should Swift or not. Thanks, in advance, for your help!

I have a Swift Italy jersey. The only reason I like it is because it is an Italy Olympic jersey and I am Italian. Other than that, I hate the way the Swift jersey feels. It is so light, it doesn't feel like a hockey jersey at all. The material also feels kind of rough and cardboard-ish, it's hard to explain. On the bright side, it is a hockey jersey that I can wear even when it is hot outside.

I don't own any Swift jerseys, but have checked them out in the store.

The best way I've found to describe the way they feel and the weight is they are like a spandex paper towel.

That says nothing about how I feel about the striping patterns and fonts for numbers they used. Don't get me started on that...

Thanks for the help so far guys. All I've ever seen in person are the replicas and let's just say that I wasn't very impressed with how they looked, felt, or fit. They are kind of strange.

I just need to figure out whether my collection can live without one. Judging by your responses it sounds like it can for now. We'll see how the rest of the responses go.

JeffB (Spyboy) (I'm an NLT member too) :thumbsup: I know what you mean by the fonts. I checked out some images on Getty for the Hejduk I was thinking about and yikes! That's some crazy stuff.

I always have other things on the never-ending want list that I can focus on if I decide not to go with a Swift or two! :D

Any more advice from other people is still more than welcome. Thanks!

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?s=&...post&p=9538

Switzerland was the last hold out. These jerseys must have come from a lot made for the 2006 WC, when Sweden introduced their Swift. This Swiss jersey was listed as a Swift, but I knew it wasn't. There is a white Nike barcode inside the bottom hem. IIHF jerseys that were made for competition have them. I'm not really interested in any of the Swifts, and I think that the practice jerseys they are selling may be that material also. The Swift jersey makes the Edge look like a piece of art in comparison IMO.

OK, if there was a Swiss 2007 Swift I would have bought one.

BTW, welcome Burnaby. Go with the larger size on these jerseys. They are cut smaller than the Edge from my experience with them, trying some on at the Nike store in Toronto. I like 52 in the 6100, and the 60 Swift seemed comparable.

I recently got a Swift Canada jersey (black one) and I got it in an XXL to play hockey with. To say its tight on my equipment is an understatement. I can get it over myself but if you are going to get one, get it bigger that you think. As for the look, I love the red leaf and the black jersey but Swift overall is a little too small for my tastes.

Just bought a Team Italy Authentic swift jersey.. the white one.. ill be getting the Blue authentic soon too. then to all the practice jerseys.. These are impossible to find.. i wish i had the money to pick up some of the other rare countries they have on there like Kazakhstan and Slovenia...VERY COOL stuff..

River City Sports is having that big sale on Nike Swifts right now and I'm trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on one or more or not. I'm obviously a huge Sakic fan, so I could go with Canada. Other options would be a USA Liles or a Czech Hejduk. Decisions, decisions.

I like my jerseys on the big side. I am 6'4", 250. I wear a 56 in the 6100s and they fit me the best. That's my preference as far as fitting. I bought a 2007 All Star jersey in a size 60 and it's just alright. I definitely prefer the 6100s right now.

Are the Swifts built a lot like the new Edges? Would those of you who have had experience in 6100s, Edges, and Swifts think I would be happy with a size 64 Swift?

Let me know if I should Swift or not. Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Hey all, just registered to ask a question but figured I'd give my opinion on this as well :thumbsup:

Also not a fan if the Swift with all the random striping to make it look swift :rolleyes: but I also noticed the River sale and I personally would go for one that isn't available as a replica, the white version of every other country that isn't the US or Canada. Persoanlly I think the FInland one is quite stunning ^_^ . Just too bad I can't afford it at the moment :D and if I could I would buy the old version of Sweden and Finland replica for about the same as one pro swift.

• 1 month later...

OK, have heard a few people mention that the Swifts are sized differently than most other jerseys. With the CCM/KOHO's I wear a 48, in the EDGE style, I have determined after a little trial that 50 is the size for me. Any idea what size Swift this would translate into?

• 1 month later...
OK, have heard a few people mention that the Swifts are sized differently than most other jerseys. With the CCM/KOHO's I wear a 48, in the EDGE style, I have determined after a little trial that 50 is the size for me. Any idea what size Swift this would translate into?

Did you work out the answer to this one lafountain? I'm in the same boat as you with regard to CCM/Edge sizes, but the Swifts seem to use a much higher scale. Can't find a guide anywhere either.

Did you work out the answer to this one lafountain? I'm in the same boat as you with regard to CCM/Edge sizes, but the Swifts seem to use a much higher scale. Can't find a guide anywhere either.

Nope still haven't worked this issue out. Haven't found a guide either. Not really interested in ordering and trying either, so who knows.

Nope still haven't worked this issue out. Haven't found a guide either. Not really interested in ordering and trying either, so who knows.

Cheers mate, RCS have got a sale on for them at the minute, $130 for a Pro Swift (sorry for advertising the enemy on here ;) ) but I still don't want to pay that based on a guess, so have to shelve it for now.

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking of getting a Nike Swift Jersey. If I wear a Size 48 (old CCM and Reebok, not new Edge), would a size 52 in the swift be a good size for me?

I was thinking of getting a Nike Swift Jersey. If I wear a Size 48 (old CCM and Reebok, not new Edge), would a size 52 in the swift be a good size for me?

That's the $64,000 question :) I asked RCS about it and the guy told me he wears a 52 Swift and a 46 Edge. I'm a 48 CCM like you, 50 Edge, so based on that I took the plunge on a 54 Swift from them a while back. I've not got it yet so I can't tell you either way definitively, could easily have bought myself an expensive tent. Sorry, not much use, I'll post when I get it though.

You'd think Nike could publish some measurements for them really. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, finally got it today, size wise the 54 is only just big enough, I couldn't wear a decent sized top underneath it like I normally do, so 56 might've been better.

Can't say I'm very impressed with it though, looks for all the world like a replica to me: the shoulder patches are printed, the Swoosh on the front is printed too, which seems plain wrong. It's got an IIHF Authentics Collection label in the neck, fight strap in the back, but apart from that I'm not convinced. It's this one, in case anyone else has one and can confirm it:

124682.jpg

I certainly wouldn't've paid full price for it, Reebok have nothing to worry about.

Well, finally got it today, size wise the 54 is only just big enough, I couldn't wear a decent sized top underneath it like I normally do, so 56 might've been better.

Can't say I'm very impressed with it though, looks for all the world like a replica to me: the shoulder patches are printed, the Swoosh on the front is printed too, which seems plain wrong. It's got an IIHF Authentics Collection label in the neck, fight strap in the back, but apart from that I'm not convinced. It's this one, in case anyone else has one and can confirm it:

124682.jpg

I certainly wouldn't've paid full price for it, Reebok have nothing to worry about.

Printed side patches on an authentic jersey. It does sound wrong. Is the front emblem also printed?

• 1 year later...

Any more feedback on the Swifts since it has been a while since we've talked about them? xunearthhxcx's latest post about the sale at River City has me kind of interested again. I wear a 56 or 58 in 6100s, a 60 in the Edge 1.0s, and a 58+ in the Edge 2.0. Would a Swift 62 fit me and would I like it if I love 6100s over anything else in the world? :D

Let me know and thanks guys!

Any more feedback on the Swifts since it has been a while since we've talked about them? xunearthhxcx's latest post about the sale at River City has me kind of interested again. I wear a 56 or 58 in 6100s, a 60 in the Edge 1.0s, and a 58+ in the Edge 2.0. Would a Swift 62 fit me and would I like it if I love 6100s over anything else in the world? :D

Let me know and thanks guys!

id go atleast 60 or 62.. but those may be goalie cuts..

Personally Burnaby Joe I'd say "not to Swift". I've owned two of them now, and sold them on (one to Unearth actually), I really don't like anything about them. It's weird, because I got a Canada replica last year and really like it, the material, the cut, all seem much better. Maybe they've changed since 2006 (which is where those Swifts on RCS are from)? Thinking of adding another replica (a Russia), but I'd not add another authentic. All personal taste though, I'm sure Unearth would have a different take on them.

As for the size, I found a 54 too small (slightly) for me, and I wear a 52 Edge/48 CCM. I preferred the 56 I had, so if 62's as high as they go I'd go for that.

The red and white Denmark Swifts that I ordered arrived today. I got them both in a 62, and I'm glad I did. The 62 Swift fits like a 52 standard style, or a 54/56 in an Edge. Bigger is better in the Swifts.

The red and white Denmark Swifts that I ordered arrived today. I got them both in a 62, and I'm glad I did. The 62 Swift fits like a 52 standard style, or a 54/56 in an Edge. Bigger is better in the Swifts.

Yeah. A while back I bought 2 team Italy jerseys size 56 hoping I could wear them over my equipment at skate and shoot.. but man, I could hardly fit into it like as just a t shirt! how the hell do the players wear those things!?