To Swift or not to Swift?

Yeah. A while back I bought 2 team Italy jerseys size 56 hoping I could wear them over my equipment at skate and shoot.. but man, I could hardly fit into it like as just a t shirt! how the hell do the players wear those things!?

I'd like to know what size Chara wears in swift... :lol:

The red and white Denmark Swifts that I ordered arrived today. I got them both in a 62, and I'm glad I did. The 62 Swift fits like a 52 standard style, or a 54/56 in an Edge. Bigger is better in the Swifts.

River City on has up to a size 62 in the Swifts that I might be interested and I wear a 56 in the 6100s, a 60 in the Ede 1.0s, and a 58+ in the 2.0s. That's just one of the reasons why I'm going to pass on them altogether. If I was a collector I'd grab a few to get them customized, but I'm definitely more of a jersey wearer and there are just too many size issues to work through.

I still think it was well worth the price to pick up these rare jerseys. Like xunearthxcx pointed out, you could probably sell these later on for much more. In any event, I'm glad to have added these first year Swifts to my collection. The material is unique. And these jerseys were never designed for retail. The easiest way to tell is the bar code patch on the inside bottom hem. Retail jerseys don't have these. Both of the jerseys I got yesterday have them, along with the 3 Swiss authentics I picked up over the last 4 years. Here is an example of one from one of my Swiss jerseys.

IMGA0195.jpg

So, if I wear a 48 but can live with a 52, what size Swift in the first year style would work for me?

So, if I wear a 48 but can live with a 52, what size Swift in the first year style would work for me?

Assuming the ones I owned were first year style (certainly had very unique materials...) then I'd probably go 56.

I was in the same boat and ended up ordering a 56.

60, IMO. Take 10 and add it to the normal size, rounding upward. A 48/52 in a 6100 would be approximate to a 58/62 in a 2006 Swift. A 60 would split the difference.

I'd like to know what size Chara wears in swift... :lol:

Lets see 58+ in the EDGE cut for Chara would translate into somewhere around "OH MY GOD - THAT IS SO FREAKIN HUGE". Might be about right. I have always wanted to see one of his unbroken game used sticks up close. Gotta be a pretty lengthy stick.

Just a quick follow up. The chest measurement of the size 62 Swift (below the armpits at crest level) is approx. 27 1/2". In comparison, a 2002 era Nike IIHF size 58 is approx. 32", and a 2005-06 non Swift Nike size 56 is approx. 30 1/2". So a size 62 Swift is NOT a huge jersey by any stretch.

Note: post copied from another thread. I thought that it might be appropriate here.

why is it better? Swift or not. 75 bucks for a rare national team authentic that you could probably sell for double in a few years is a great price.

maybe he has to think about it first. yes i agree with you that costs little but he still have the chance to look at others and maybe if he wouldn't like the others and like this one..then 75 bucks is a good price.signature_jersey.jpg

I've taken advantage of the RCS discounts. I've gotten two and have two on the way. I agree that they are not great jerseys, but they are/were authentic as worn on the ice, so I like them as a small addition to my collection. Kind of an historical oddity.