SteveNJ

Since October 18th:

1. R. Miller

2. S. Crosby

3. M. Afinogenov

4. E. Malkin

5. A. Ovechkin

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog..._our_backs.html

No real surprises there. A little interesting to see Miller on top and Afinogenov in third, but with the Sabres' season thus far it's not out of place. Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin aren't surprising in the least.

Maxim was so fun to watch on that end-to-end rush last week against Philly. Might have the best tools to work with in the entire NHL.

With an Afinogenov jersey, you get your money's worth in tackle twill. Plus, you can test your non-hockey fan friends by asking them to pronounce the name on the back of your shirt. Good times. ;)

Plus, you can test your non-hockey fan friends by asking them to pronounce the name on the back of your shirt. Good times. ;)

Yeah, but that can be done with many names. I usually test them on a difficult one to start with with I show them Bednar or Neckar.

Yeah, but that can be done with many names. I usually test them on a difficult one to start with with I show them Bednar or Neckar.

Remember Maxim Balmochnykh? That's another good one to test people on. I enjoy seeing people squirm their way thru the long European names, like Radivojevic. :P

Remember Maxim Balmochnykh? That's another good one to test people on. I enjoy seeing people squirm their way thru the long European names, like Radivojevic. :P

It's always fun. Artyukhin and Woywitka seem to give everyone trouble. People also seem to love messing up Tkachuk. Do they really believe it's Ta-ka-chuk? Or do they just play dumb? Kaigorodov in Ottawa is probably getting some odd pronunciations now too. Lucky for me, my brother married a woman from the Czech Republic and after knowing her for almost 15 years now, I've got European pronunciation down to almost a science.