McDonald traded from Ducks to Blues

lafountain

The Ducks and Blues made a trade today sending McDonald to the Blues for Doug Weight, Michael Birner and a Draft Pick. Good short term deal for Anaheim depending and it allows them to have the cap space to get Niedermayer back in the lineup. Think the Blues overpaid though, but picking up McDonald was a good move.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3155560

I wouldn't imagine this has much to do with the Ducks wanting to add Doug Weight to their roster. He's 36 years old and is pretty much on the down-end of his career. This move had much more to do with them being able to bring Niedermayer back.

I wouldn't imagine this has much to do with the Ducks wanting to add Doug Weight to their roster. He's 36 years old and is pretty much on the down-end of his career. This move had much more to do with them being able to bring Niedermayer back.

The deal was entirely done to get Niedermayer back in the lineup and free up money to try and sign Perry, there is no doubt about that. Though I still think Weight can help as a 2nd line Center in Anaheim.

Great trade for both clubs.

Definitely a cap move on the Ducks side.

Rumors rumbling all over Montreal involving Perry....

Should be fun to watch.