Gaborik

lafountain

What a game he had against the Rangers. We all know the talent the guy has, if only he wasn't on a defensive first team and also if he could just stay healthy, the guy could challenge for the Richard trophy.

5 goals and 1 assist against a very good goalie in Lundqvist.

Interesting piece of trivia, now with Gaborik getting this hat trick for Minnesota, only Columbus, Edmonton, and Los Angeles have not had a player get a hat trick in the calendar year of 2007.

LA is coming up on two years since they had a player last get a hat trick: Luc Robitaille got LA's last one on Jan 19, 2006 against Atlanta.

I was at the game tonight. It was unbelieveable. He could do no wrong, twice batting pucks out of the air for goals and scoring on a breakaway. It took an awesome save to prevent him from getting his sixth, as his teammates kept feeding him the puck on a late two man advantage.

Add in the assist he got too!

It will rank up there as one of the greatest performances in sports I've ever been at, along with Kirby Puckett's game six World Series in 91.

I was at the game tonight. It was unbelieveable. He could do no wrong, twice batting pucks out of the air for goals and scoring on a breakaway. It took an awesome save to prevent him from getting his sixth, as his teammates kept feeding him the puck on a late two man advantage.

Add in the assist he got too!

It will rank up there as one of the greatest performances in sports I've ever been at, along with Kirby Puckett's game six World Series in 91.

You were at the game? Awesome! Its always amazing to watch when one guy takes over. I am jealous.

You were at the game? Awesome! Its always amazing to watch when one guy takes over. I am jealous.

I hope to be able to get Marian to sign my program and ticket from the game. Those could look pretty neat if framed together some day. Too bad the program cover has Jagr in a Rangers jersey on it. <_<

I sure wanted first choice of the hats they cleaned off the ice after the third goal. There were some $30 fleece "helmet hats" out there!

It also sure helped out my Ice Jerseys Fantasy Hockey League team too. ^_^

• 3 months later...

Since he has managed to stay somewhat healthy this year he is showing what he can do over the course of an entire season. Quietly he is up to 40 goals.

I can only imagine what this guy could do in a more offensively-minded system.

I can only imagine what this guy could do in a more offensively-minded system.

Stop saying that. I don't want him to even think about leaving our team. He IS our team and the countdown to his departure has already started in our local media, no doubt aided by the departures of Hunter and Santana from the local baseball club. We have a fatalistic inferiority complex about such things around here.

Stop saying that. I don't want him to even think about leaving our team. He IS our team and the countdown to his departure has already started in our local media, no doubt aided by the departures of Hunter and Santana from the local baseball club. We have a fatalistic inferiority complex about such things around here.

No, I didn't mean saying somewhere else. I meant in the event that Minnesota changed its offensive mindset. I don't like seeing team Stars leave usually. He is a player that I do like to watch and I do hope that he signs a new extension with the Wild during the next season and a half.

The goal he had last night was sick and class Gaborik- 2 strides around a defensemen and no chance with the wrister- nice!