IHL jerseys

HJimm

How many of you have jerseys from the old IHL? Of those what do you think is the hardest to find? Which is your fav?

IHL.bmp

I have 35 IHL jerseys, 8 authentic. My favorite is my LA Ice Dogs authentic blue 52 (only worn in 95-96, see avatar to left), and San Francisco Spiders, once again only worn in 1995-96. I have a back authentic 48 Spiders, and two replicas, and this jersey is pretty rare. Bauer made IHL jerseys from 1992-2000, their private labeler SP handled it in the final season 2000-01. Before that, M Sports in San Francisco made jerseys in the very early 1990's. These are also tough to come across. I have two Cleveland Lumberjacks replicas made by M Sports, both mesh, white home has a heat-pressed painted crest, while road black has screened letters (CLEVELAND) in a diagonal pattern, much like the parent club Pittsburgh.

Some of my favorites are

2810118990100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

Houston Aeros classic bomber look.

2575541730100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

Manitoba Moose antler numbers

2585937870100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

Minnesota Moose

2461647800100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2550880980100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

Denver/Utah Grizzlies with slash mark numbers - awesome!

Glad to see that the "I" is still alive! I have a few Spiders. They are my all time fav, hardest to find (and most expensive :0)

Ed Courtenay/Linc Gaetz

27_Spiders_f.JPG

Rod Langway

03_SpidersR_f.jpg

Pregame blank

IMG_2624.JPG

I'm missing these for my 90's IHL collection;

• 90-91 white & black Choppers ?

• 88-93 white & red Golden Eagles CCM

• 94-95 white & black Denver Grizzlies Bauer

• 00-01 white & black Solar Bears with 2001 TC patch SP

• 94-95 teal Thunder (old logo) with grey numbers Bauer

• 94-96 purple Ice (beer logo) Bauer

• 95-96 white Rivermen Bauer

• 89-90 white & blue Rivermen HiLi

• 94-96 white & blue Roadrunners Bauer

• 90-91 white Roadrunners HiLi

I have 4 IHL jerseys. One is an SP AHL Houston Aeros jersey, but I consider it IHL since it was the one they wore in the late 90s. The white version of the blue Aeros jersey that JeffB posted. Which, is one of my favorite all-time jerseys. I own a teal Las Vegas Thunder replica alternate from the 94-95 season. I grew up in Indianapolis and was able to get the 1998-99 Indianapolis Ice Mike Vukonich black game worn jersey from that year. I was lucky enough to get it signed in 2002. I also own the 1994-96 era Indianapolis Ice black jersey, which is an authentic. I lived and breathed with the Indianapolis Ice. The 1994-95 jersey is one of my favorites of all time, with the Houston Aeros style.

I have the white, black and teal authentic Las Vegas Thunder jerseys cicra 1996, white, blue, black alt. and practice Phoenix Roadrunners jerseys, black replica SF Spiders, white replica Quebec Rafales, replica blue LA Ice Dogs, replica 1993 East and West All-Star jerseys, replica 1995 East All-Star and this 1995 authentic...

95ihlasg.jpg

I was AT that game. It took 12 years for me to find an affordable one. The red on the shoulders is the IHL wordmark from the league logo. I didn't have a flat surface free to photograph this.

DR, The replica 93 AS jerseys.... do you have any pics? I picked up a red one made by Optiwear (M-Sport) that had a sewn crest, double elbows and shoulders but no fight strap. It had tackle twill nameplate "CHIRIBEV" and numbers "29". Not sure if it was a jersey that was just too big for the player and they gave him another one or what. I found a hilight tape from the 92-93 season and he played but he was only 6' 180 lbs.

As for the nameplate you have, The player was Igor Chibirev of the Fort Wayne Komets, who did play for the red-clad Eastern Conference. They misspelled his name on your nameplate.

I can take a pic of the 92-93 IHL All-Star jerseys. I'll do that this weekend. It's the one with the IHL wordmark and big three-color red, white and blue stars all around the waist and cuffs.

Looks like this...

29_IHLASR_f.jpg

Crest is sewn, 2 color tackle twill numbers, name is 1 color letters on a plate. Double elbows and shoulders but NO Fightstrap.

That 93-94 Salt Lake jersey you have on your site is awesome. I remember when they came to Cleveland that season with those jerseys, the only year they wore them. Then the team was sold and became the Detroit Vipers. Very cool collection. :thumbsup:

Those are one of my favorite styles. I just got a white home G/W Kevin Guy jersey in this week. I'm so far behind in adding stuff to my site.

A guy e-mailed me from Denver. He had been googling the IHL and ran across www.HockeyJimm.com. He saw a guy at one of the Avalanch games who was wearing a white Denver Grizzlies gamer and asked him if he would sell it. He bought it and is now selling it to me. I asked him why he would do that and he said "Well I liked it but I know you collect that kind of stuff so I contacted you. " It has some beer stains on it but I can always get that stuff out.

I've put a few shirts on the Trading Post.

After seeing the impressive collection you have, I can't contribute much to this thread, but I will show have my replica 93 IHL West jersey...

post-39-1199625843_thumb.jpg

I have the red replica, too, but y'all know what that looks like.

DR,

Well you say you can't contribute but I have never seen a replica. The crest is sublimated correct? That confirms what I susspected that thie red one I have is a gamer and not a replica.

I have been collecting for many years and have had the good fortune to be able to switch from replicas (I had about 70 at one time in the mid 90's) to gamers. Any collection is a good one in my opinion.

Cam,

I just got a home 95-96 Knights "WHITE" with that patch. It was worn in the 1st half of the season only. The team knew they were leaving so didn't order any for the 2nd set. Anyone ever seen one on the black road jerseys?

HJ

Understood. I only have six authenic IHL jerseys, a '91 white Roadrunners ice-sheen, a '95 white Roadrunners, which I personalized, the '95 All-Star you see in the thread, a black circa 1995 Thunder (#76, no name, sorry, I don't like having BONK on my back), a white unnumbered Thunder, and a Teal unnumbered Thunder. When I saw Vegas play in person, theirs became my favorite jersey.

The crest is sublimated on the replica '93 IHL All-Star jerseys. I spent some serious time browsing your site, HJ. It brought back some old IHL memories. I was at that preseason game at the Arizona Vet. Mem. Coliseum where Gretzky suited up for the Roadrunners. I saw one of those jerseys displayed in the HHOF.

I'm sure everyone here appreciates you sharing the pics of your collection. :thumbsup:

The only game-worn I have is the Cleveland Lumberjacks dark #20 Peter Bartos. I got this at the final home game of the final season, 2000-01. This was the year that the owner of the team gave the 'Jacks back to the league on February 1st, and the IHL ran the team until the bitter end. During that season, the new owner ran things on the cheap, even selling excess equipment, shoulder pads, shin guards, elbow pads, etc, at the games. He didn't understand why a player would need more than one set of gloves! The rumor was that the team was issued 1 dark and 1 white jersey for the entire season. By looking at this, I believe it. This jersey is really beat. Sorry that my pictures don't do the damage justice, but this jersey is full of stick marks, board burns, small tears, and excessive pilling in the back by the strap and the inside elbows. I got this at the "shirts off their backs" promotion.

IMGA0211.jpg

IMGA0219.jpg

IMGA0212.jpg

IMGA0218.jpg

The only game-worn I have is the Cleveland Lumberjacks dark #20 Peter Bartos. I got this at the final home game of the final season, 2000-01. This was the year that the owner of the team gave the 'Jacks back to the league on February 1st, and the IHL ran the team until the bitter end. During that season, the new owner ran things on the cheap, even selling excess equipment, shoulder pads, shin guards, elbow pads, etc, at the games. He didn't understand why a player would need more than one set of gloves! The rumor was that the team was issued 1 dark and 1 white jersey for the entire season. By looking at this, I believe it. This jersey is really beat. Sorry that my pictures don't do the damage justice, but this jersey is full of stick marks, board burns, small tears, and excessive pilling in the back by the strap and the inside elbows. I got this at the "shirts off their backs" promotion.

IMGA0211.jpg

IMGA0219.jpg

IMGA0212.jpg

IMGA0218.jpg

Wow! There's a lot of wear on that one. Who was Bartos a prospect for? That name sounds awfully familiar. Its sad that a team with such a long history as the Lumberjacks had in Cleveland and Muskegon went down like they did.

Rabi,

Yeah every SP shirt that I've seen from that last season in Cleveland has tons of wear. I won a Bauer 94-95 Len Barrie Jacks over at Leylands. Nice 3 patch jersey with fantastic wear. A lot of the older shirts are hammered wich I love.

I know the only team in 00-01 to have more than one set was the Wolves. They issued the players a playoff set and a few of the more popular guys had several shirts. Tough guy Chris Lipuma lives here in Orlando. I have one of his SP jerseys from that last IHL season with light wear. He told me he probably had a new set every month.

Originally I was only going to have 1 shirt of each style in my collection but now it's expanded some. I'm only a few away from completing the "90's Wing". I've been pretty lucky. I know guys that have over a 1000 gamers. I'm small potatoes compaired to most.

I enjoy looking at everyone collection though.

HJ

Wow! There's a lot of wear on that one. Who was Bartos a prospect for? That name sounds awfully familiar. Its sad that a team with such a long history as the Lumberjacks had in Cleveland and Muskegon went down like they did.

Minnesota Wild was the parent club for that last season. I don't believe Bartos ever played another season in North America. I think he went back to Slovakia. It really was sad because you just never knew when the plug was going to get pulled. The other teams in the league actually owned the team for the final few months, as IHL Cleveland LLC.

Cam,

I just got a home 95-96 Knights "WHITE" with that patch. It was worn in the 1st half of the season only. The team knew they were leaving so didn't order any for the 2nd set. Anyone ever seen one on the black road jerseys?

HJ

Mine is white also. Being from Atlanta...I have seen many black Knights jerseys. I have never seen the Jason mask patch on any of the Black jerseys that I've seen.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let everyone know Doug Reisinger at the Hockey Gallery is getting out of the biz and has dropped his minor league inventory prices to the floor. Many nice jerseys under $150.

• 4 months later...

Anyone pick any up over the summer?

I've snagged a few...

#6 Home 97-98 Cincinnati Cyclones "Morrow" Bauer 56

#29 Road 95-96 Detroit Vipers "Herbers" Bauer 52

#26 Road 86-87 Ft Wayne Komets NNOB "Chin" Peterson

#23 Home 88-89 Indianapolis Ice "Rendal" CCM 52

#4 Home 97-98 Long Beach Ice Dogs "Courtemanche" Bauer 54

#4 Road 97-98 Michigan K-Wings "Jackman" Bauer 54

#26 Alt 97-98 Orlando Solar Bears "Angelstad" Bauer 56

#21 Road 85-87 Saginaw Generals "Ollson" Alpha XXL

#15 Home 93-94 Salt Lake Golden Eagles "Day" Bauer

#27 Road 1993 Eastern All Star "Michayluk" M-Sport XXL

#6 Home 94-95 Phoenix Roadrunners "Seguin" Bauer 54

#2 Home 96-97 San Antonio Dragons “Bilodeau” K1 XXL

#57 Road 05-06 Cleveland Jr Barons "Kennedy" OT 56

#5 Road 95-96 Minnesota Moose :Paek" Bauer 56 "C"

#22 Road 00-01 Grand Rapids Griffins "Harrold" SP 56

#17 Road 90-91 Kalamazoo Wings "Courtiney" HiLi XXL

#26 Home 88-89 Denver Rangers "Ogrodnick" CCM 52

They can be viewed on my website.

• 1 month later...

E-bay always has good deals on Solar Bear jerseys. I just have gamers so I can't help you out. My kids all have child sized Orlando jerseys. Even though they weren't born when the Bears played it's their favorite team. It's pretty funny.

• 1 month later...

I'm a pretty big Aeros fan, and boy do I miss those original "bomber" sweaters. I'd been looking for one in my price range for a while, and then this popped up on eBay.