Custom Russian Jerseys

estogoalie

I'll call this the "What should I buy next?" post. So, from what it sounds like, Abrom is a good seller, and I'd also consider lutchamerica.com. As I've mentioned, I've planned my next Lutch to be an Ovechkin. That all said, please weigh in on which one of the following I should bid on from Abrom:

1) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=320457721216 - appears to be an 03 Dynamo Road Blue but his photo has a Lutch squiggle on the jersey where the Adidas logo should be, based off the photo of Ovechkin at the top of the 03 home listing and the 03 Mirnov that I posted to the "trading post" forum/thread.

2) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=320457722446 - appears to be an 03 Dynamo Home White but his photo has a Lutch squiggle on the jersey where the Adidas logo should be, based off the photo of Ovechkin at the top of the listing and the 03 Mirnov that I posted to the "trading post" forum/thread.

For both of these, his photos also seem to be missing the writing under the number on the back, as the writing on the 03 Mirnov I listed on the "trading post" forum/thread is consistent with the 2nd in-game photo on the 03 home listing above.

3) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220523932820 - appears to be an 04 Dynamo Home white, but while the writing under the number on the in-game photo of the jersey at the top is consistent with the writing in 03 and his pic of the listed jersey, some of the in-game photos at the bottom are inconsistent with regard to this, but upon further inspection, they're also inconsistent with each other.

4) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220523593497 - appears to be some type of Russian All-Star game jersey, as described - this again has the Lutch "squiggle" on the jersey itself when it possibly should not, but without in-game photos in this listing, it's impossible to know for sure.

Feel free to vote and comment either by number or by description of these 4 - note that for now, I eliminated the others Abrom sells b/c he seems to list which sizes are available in each listing and the others do not say that 52 is available.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#3 - Moscow Dynamo was the champions in 2004-05, which is the year I believe this jersey is from.

• 3 weeks later...

This might be a dumb question, but are the lettering on these lutch jerseys twill or silk-screened? I'd really like to buy one at this price, but I want something that is quality.

This might be a dumb question, but are the lettering on these lutch jerseys twill or silk-screened? I'd really like to buy one at this price, but I want something that is quality.

They are dye-sublimated. This is how the authentic Russian jerseys are done. Not a good as sewn-on, but much better than silk-screened.

They are dye-sublimated. This is how the authentic Russian jerseys are done. Not a good as sewn-on, but much better than silk-screened.

Hm, Quite interesting. I've wanted a Metallurg Malkin jersey but I was kind of scared to take the risk. Yous guys says it's OK, It's OK. I buy.

Hm, Quite interesting. I've wanted a Metallurg Malkin jersey but I was kind of scared to take the risk. Yous guys says it's OK, It's OK. I buy.

Lutch jerseys rock. I like them a lot.

as i posted earlier in this thread, i ordered a Kovalchuk Ak Bars jersey in early-mid Novermber. i still haven't received it. i went to the russianhockeyjerseys.com website and contacted them and have received no response in about a week. anyone else having such problems?

as i posted earlier in this thread, i ordered a Kovalchuk Ak Bars jersey in early-mid Novermber. i still haven't received it. i went to the russianhockeyjerseys.com website and contacted them and have received no response in about a week. anyone else having such problems?

Yep. Check page 3 of this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same exact problem. Does anyone know whether or not they're going to figure out whatever problems they're having at russianhockeyjerseys.com? or did we all just get ripped off?

I'm having the same exact problem. Does anyone know whether or not they're going to figure out whatever problems they're having at russianhockeyjerseys.com? or did we all just get ripped off?

I have ordered from RussianHockeyJerseys.com. I placed my order on October 13th, and paid for it the same day via paypal. I had not received the jersey by November 30th, so I wrote for an update. By December 10th I was told the jersey was part of the latest shipment to leave Russia and would arrive shortly. That is the last communication I have received from them ...however this is not for a lack of trying. I have sent them no less than 12 emails since then, and called 6 times. Not a single email nor a call has been returned. Not ...ONE.

So I had a friend of mine email them this week about potentially purchasing a jersey. Low and behold they responded RIGHT AWAY! Eventually, after an exchange of 2 emails, my friend informed Catherine A. Basch, Customer Service Manager, that she was concerned about the status of my order, and that the disposition of my order directly influenced whether or not she places an order with RHJ.com, Ms. Basch stopped responding. Yes, that's correct. ..when RHJ.com learned that my friend was also writing about my order they stopped responding and disappeared once again. This is VERY disturbing since it makes clear they are AVOIDING returning my emails and discussing the situation with me. My stance is very simple, if they can't supply the jersey, then please return my money. Simple.

Since no other operation selling Russian jerseys is having a problem with supply, I'm NOT inclined to buy Dennis' excuses. Since he is the only company having this problem, I have to conclude that he has not held up his obligation with either Lutch or the russian export/import system. And I think the reason he's avoiding communication with those of us waiting for an order is that he's doesn't have the money to return to us. OR ...he simply has no intention to do that. Whatever the case, leaving his customer to hold the bag is wrong, bad business and potentially illegal.

Now, of course, I used Paypal to pay him. As many of you know, the supply lead time means that before you can reasonably expect the jersey to arrive (therefore before reason to question the order occurs) the dispute window has closed with Paypal. It's 45 days at Paypal. That means you have no recourse with Paypal should, for some reason, the sale go awry or fraud be perpetrated upon you. You CAN open a complaint with paypal, but it will be immediately closed since it is past the 45 day window of opportunity. However that complaint will stay on their record, and should enough complaints occur, Paypal reserves the right to re-open a complaint up to 180 days after purchase. My bank, however, (which backs up the paypal account) IS willing to investigate this fraud claim. In addition, I would highly recommend initiating the complaint process with State Attorney General of Virginia. RHJ.com has already had a complaint lodged against them aside from mine with the attorney general. The Better Business Bureau can also be contacted ...it will create yet another red flag within the system for RHJ.com however, the BBB lacks the teeth to actually do anything other than contact the business on your behalf....which just like your own emails, can be ignored.

I feel your (and my) best bet is to contact the attorney general. It is one thing to have poor customer service ...but it is something else completely when they have knowledge of an inability to deliver their product and yet actively keep soliciting orders and payments...and have no intention of keeping contact with the customer. That is called "fraud" people, and Mr.Bannon should be ashamed and pursued to the full extent of the law.

So I had a friend of mine email them this week about potentially purchasing a jersey. Low and behold they responded RIGHT AWAY! Eventually, after an exchange of 2 emails, my friend informed Catherine A. Basch, Customer Service Manager, that she was concerned about the status of my order, and that the disposition of my order directly influenced whether or not she places an order with RHJ.com, Ms. Basch stopped responding. Yes, that's correct. ..when RHJ.com learned that my friend was also writing about my order they stopped responding and disappeared once again.

I'd figured they'd cut and run, amazing that they're still taking orders they clearly cannot fulfil.

Well today I dispatched an email to RHJ.com informing them of the impending complaint with the Attorney General of Virgina and I demanded refund of my payment since it's very clear they intend to default on the agreement.

Miraculously, I received a response!

Here's the response I received:

"After two months of legal proceedings in Russia, Mr. Bannon has resolved issues with the Russian Ice Hockey Federation and has obtained the 10,000+ jerseys that we have been waiting for. Mr. Bannon is leaving Russia today with the jerseys and we will have them in our warehouse tomorrow and start shipping. When your jersey gets shipped we will email a tracking number. Due to the Russian Court placing the matter “under seal” we were not allowed to discuss the proceedings and still other then stating they are successfully completed, the details remain under a non-disclosure agreement that is part of the final settlement.

We are sorry for the delay and any aggravation this may have caused, but the entire process that ran smooth for many years went astray when the RIHF sought to collect royalties on 6 years worth of past orders, when as the court ruled, after two months of litigation, they were not entitled to.

Catherine A. Basch

Customer Service Manager

Russian Hockey Jerseys, LLC"

I have a problem with this response on several levels.

1. I don't believe any such "gag-order" exist or would be deemed reasonable and prudent for civil litigation.

2. I don't believe any such "gag-order" is remotely relevant in the United States or Canada.

3. This is not the first time I've heard of a legal issue, it's been mentioned elsewhere in similar threads. Ergo it's not the first time Ms.Basch has used this excuse. Which means it's very likely untrue.

4. Others have received the excuse that there had been a factory shutdown. Ironic that Lutch themselves know of no such shutdown. Russian orthodoxy aside, it's a world market and they know just as well as anyone the wheels need to keep turning.

5. If in fact they were bound by a non-disclosure agreement, which isn't very laudable since the event likely never took place, then she was clearly able to tell me the problem was a court case in which royalties on 6 years of jerseys was being contested. since she had no problem disclosing that fact now, and nowhere in that statement do details of the case make themselves present, then she should have had no problems informing customers of the delay ...instead RHJ chose to ignore us.

No Sale, RussianHockeyJerseys.com.

Does seem odd that despite the gagging order she's told you details of the case. Also doesn't explain the total silence since last September. I sent them an email today too, and got no response, despite Dennis being on his triumphant way home, 10 thousand jerseys in tow. Maybe I should've mentioned the AG? ;)

I dunno; if I get the jersey I'll be relatively happy because I won't have lost my money (it'd be one better than Global Hockey), but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for sharing the info though Ethan.

You're most welcome. ...and here's some additional thoughts:

In a couple threads related to this topic I've seen where RHJ.com has told several people the same set of stories at different intervals. For instance, the "legal case" story was utilized as far back as November 13th that I can find.

That makes the timeline of Catherine Basch's actions something like this:

Nov 13: Telling the "legal story" to a customer to explain the delay in delivery. This would mean the legal condition existed 45 days before Nov 13th. ..but since orders cycle on a 15th of the month basis, that would mean the 45 day window was likely up on Sep 31st, meaning the legal condition would be covering an even greater time span stretching back to august at some point.

Dec 10: I am told the jerseys are leaving Russia at the end of the week. Which would be Dec 11th.

Jan 28th: I am told the "legal story".

This takes into account just myself and one other customer.

So ...clearly ...if the condition existed back to august, why would Basch say "After two months..." in her letter to me, and then also on dec 10 inform me the jerseys were leaving Russian when she clearly knew they were not.

Ergo RHJ is lying their collective asses off telling people whatever they think will get them to back off.

IMO, if you are in the same situation, follow through with a complain to the Attorney General of Virginia. That's the best way to put pressure on RHJ.com to do the right thing.

I'll even provide the link to the form you need to send to the AG:

http://www.vdacs.virginia.gov/forms-pdf/cp...a1complaint.pdf

best of luck all.

• 4 weeks later...

You're most welcome. ...and here's some additional thoughts:

In a couple threads related to this topic I've seen where RHJ.com has told several people the same set of stories at different intervals. For instance, the "legal case" story was utilized as far back as November 13th that I can find.

That makes the timeline of Catherine Basch's actions something like this:

Nov 13: Telling the "legal story" to a customer to explain the delay in delivery. This would mean the legal condition existed 45 days before Nov 13th. ..but since orders cycle on a 15th of the month basis, that would mean the 45 day window was likely up on Sep 31st, meaning the legal condition would be covering an even greater time span stretching back to august at some point.

Dec 10: I am told the jerseys are leaving Russia at the end of the week. Which would be Dec 11th.

Jan 28th: I am told the "legal story".

This takes into account just myself and one other customer.

So ...clearly ...if the condition existed back to august, why would Basch say "After two months..." in her letter to me, and then also on dec 10 inform me the jerseys were leaving Russian when she clearly knew they were not.

Ergo RHJ is lying their collective asses off telling people whatever they think will get them to back off.

IMO, if you are in the same situation, follow through with a complain to the Attorney General of Virginia. That's the best way to put pressure on RHJ.com to do the right thing.

I'll even provide the link to the form you need to send to the AG:

http://www.vdacs.virginia.gov/forms-pdf/cp...a1complaint.pdf

best of luck all.

Hey first off, thanks for the great info. I just wanted to share with you the response I have received from Catherine.

As you know my team order was placed back in April 2009, and a deposit of $950 (50%) was paid to them for our order, and ever since then no response other than the notice that they were having royalty issues with the KHL. I received an email February 10, 2010, stating the jerseys were in fact done and were in the warehouse in Virginia, and that Dennis would discount my remaining order to $550 from the $950 remaining. I asked for proof that the jerseys were availalbe by asking Catherine to send me pictures of our customized jerseys, which she promptly did.

My question to those of you on this board is, should I be bothered with finishing this transaction almost a year later, and would PayPal truly protect me, if I were to send payment. I feel pissed off, but it beats losing our initial $950 deposit.

My question to those of you on this board is, should I be bothered with finishing this transaction almost a year later, and would PayPal truly protect me, if I were to send payment. I feel pissed off, but it beats losing our initial $950 deposit.

I'm not sure what protection PayPal offers, I'm sure someone will though. As for whether you should I guess you're along way down the road now and at least you've seen visual proof, which isn't something anyone would bother to fake (I assume they were very obviously your jerseys?). I'd probably go for it, but that's easy to say when it's not my money.

As for my outstanding order, not heard a peep out of them. Don't know if Ethan got his order after Catherine's reply?

Hey first off, thanks for the great info. I just wanted to share with you the response I have received from Catherine.

As you know my team order was placed back in April 2009, and a deposit of $950 (50%) was paid to them for our order, and ever since then no response other than the notice that they were having royalty issues with the KHL. I received an email February 10, 2010, stating the jerseys were in fact done and were in the warehouse in Virginia, and that Dennis would discount my remaining order to $550 from the $950 remaining. I asked for proof that the jerseys were availalbe by asking Catherine to send me pictures of our customized jerseys, which she promptly did.

Find out what warehouse in VA and call them directly about the package, maybe even slip the stockboy a C-Note and be done with it.

well, after reading the above responses, i took a cue from EthanGF and emailed one last time, saying that if i didn't receive a full refund of $82 or my jersey being immediately shipped and a tracking number for it, i would alert the attorney general. let's see what kind of response i get. if they feed me some bs about the court case or some of the aforementioned stories, i'll probably throw it back in their face and contact the attorney general.

that was quick :mellow:

15 minutes after sending the message, Catherine A. Basch sent me a reply stating they'd refund my $81.90.

Edited by Bernie1

that was quick :mellow:

15 minutes after sending the message, Catherine A. Basch sent me a reply stating they'd refund my $81.90.

Hopefully they actually do it for you. Ethan ever update his situation?

Hopefully they actually do it for you. Ethan ever update his situation?

yeah, so do i. if i don't get it, i'm calling the attorney general. i might call anyway so no one else gets ripped off. i don't think we've heard from Ethan as of yet.

• 2 weeks later...

well, it was worth the wait and the trouble. after all the emails, the threat of a call to the Attorney General of Virginia and all the stress, this finally came today:

040.jpg

041.jpg