13 Years - $124 Million

lafountain

Just a guess, but I think Ovechkin is gonna be a Capital for a while after signing that deal. 13 years $124 million, good move by the Capitals for one of the few players a decade plus long contract is worth giving. Ovechkin negotiated on his own behalf and always said that if he liked the deal he would sign it, guess he liked this one.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3190712

$9.5 Million a year?

I thought there was a salary cap in the NHL.

And he negotiates his own contract? Is there anything this guy can't do? I guess the Soviets have really got a handle on this capitalism thing now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mopnsea1OoY

Here's my Ovechkin jersey, as worn in the first period of his first ever NHL game, Oct. 10th, 2005, with the Katrina/Cares patch.

2053297550100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2884225550100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

$9.5 Million a year?

I thought there was a salary cap in the NHL.

And he negotiates his own contract? Is there anything this guy can't do? I guess the Soviets have really got a handle on this capitalism thing now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mopnsea1OoY

Here's my Ovechkin jersey, as worn in the first period of his first ever NHL game, Oct. 10th, 2005, with the Katrina/Cares patch.

Mine is done up with the Katrina patch, but with the alternate's "A". I just found evidence that he didn't wear the "A" in that game :huh: . I went patch-happy, but I have gotten compliments from total strangers on it, so um, :blush:

Like Crosby said in that commercial where AO orders all the pizzas to Sid's room, "Ovechkin!"

Until I read the article, did not realize that he is now the NHL's first 100 Million Dollar man.

Over at AOL Fanhouse they were saying that 10 teams are valued at 160 million or less so now his contract is worth almost as much as 10 teams!!!

He is a great player but that much money? I hope they are willing to spend up to the cap to get a good supporting cast around him.

Mine is done up with the Katrina patch, but with the alternate's "A". I just found evidence that he didn't wear the "A" in that game :huh: . I went patch-happy, but I have gotten compliments from total strangers on it, so um, :blush:

Like Crosby said in that commercial where AO orders all the pizzas to Sid's room, "Ovechkin!"

Yea, most guys don't usually get to wear the "A" for their very first shift of their very first game in the NHL!

I wouldn't sweat it though. I've got a few that are technically inaccurate as far as details like that go and I don't lose any sleep over it. I bet it looks great.

Yea, most guys don't usually get to wear the "A" for their very first shift of their very first game in the NHL!

I wouldn't sweat it though. I've got a few that are technically inaccurate as far as details like that go and I don't lose any sleep over it. I bet it looks great.

Exactly. Who's going to come up to me and tell me that is an inaccuracy? Most people never heard of the Katrina patch, anyway. I acquired one of those Garth Brooks patches that each team wore for one game last year, also. I put it on my wife's Zigomanis authentic jersey and made sure he played in the game where they wore it (IIRC, one year ago today, against detroit). I didn't want that Decade in the Desert patch on it, this one replaced it. Last week, some Ducks fan saw that and said, 'wow, you got one of those jerseys'. My wife came clean and explained the situation. I wanted to see if anyone was going to notice, not a 'what's that?'-notice, either.