Fantasy Hockey

lafountain

I am curious if anyone else here plays Fantasy Hockey (Some might know it as a hockey pool). I have been playing fantasy sports for the last 10 years (give or take) and have played fantasy hockey in all but 1 of those years.

How about the rest of you.

I am curious if anyone else here plays Fantasy Hockey (Some might know it as a hockey pool). I have been playing fantasy sports for the last 10 years (give or take) and have played fantasy hockey in all but 1 of those years.

I've played a couple of times but it doesn't really do anything for me. CCM is holding a contest this year with their own fantasy pool and some good prizes, so I joined that. I'm not big on it though.

I run a league that is in its 13th season, surviving two NHL work stoppages. It started with 6 people in 1993 and gradually expanded to 18 in 1999. We had live drafts each year, they were always an event, the more that booze was involved, the worse the experience for everyone. I used to do ALL the scoring and administration by hand and had a website with the league's own domain that I'd post all the stuff to. I had logos and uniforms created for each team, it was pretty deluxe in its heyday. It was the boom of the internet so I was using it. We even have a trophy that gets passed around to the champion to hold onto each year. Some of the owners turned out to be very undesirable people and they eventually dropped out. The league shrunk to 6 teams in 2002, due to personal, work and health issues and we switched to having Yahoo do everything. I preferred the scoring system we used when I ran it, but Yahoo is free and allows the owners to set their own lineups and process their own drop/adds. Nowadays, I don't have the energy to maintain the site to my standards. We don't play for money since one of the teams is mine, just bragging rights, which are priceless in themselves!

I ran fantasy football and baseball leagues from 1985-1993 and it was tough doing that before the internet. I enjoy fantasy sports, since it makes you pay attention to every team.

I run a league that is in its 13th season, surviving two NHL work stoppages. It started with 6 people in 1993 and gradually expanded to 18 in 1999. We had live drafts each year, they were always an event, the more that booze was involved, the worse the experience for everyone. I used to do ALL the scoring and administration by hand and had a website with the league's own domain that I'd post all the stuff to. I had logos and uniforms created for each team, it was pretty deluxe in its heyday. It was the boom of the internet so I was using it. We even have a trophy that gets passed around to the champion to hold onto each year. Some of the owners turned out to be very undesirable people and they eventually dropped out. The league shrunk to 6 teams in 2002, due to personal, work and health issues and we switched to having Yahoo do everything. I preferred the scoring system we used when I ran it, but Yahoo is free and allows the owners to set their own lineups and process their own drop/adds. Nowadays, I don't have the energy to maintain the site to my standards. We don't play for money since one of the teams is mine, just bragging rights, which are priceless in themselves!

I ran fantasy football and baseball leagues from 1985-1993 and it was tough doing that before the internet. I enjoy fantasy sports, since it makes you pay attention to every team.

I run a football league that consists of a bunch of people I work with. I also run a hockey and basketball league this year with a bunch of people from another board I visit.

Maybe next season we will get a league together with people from this board.